Contribute
Register

[Success] Gigabyte Z370 HD3P - i7 8700k Stock - KFA2 1080 Ti EXOC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will def be posting a build thread in the near future with my Geekbench results, as well as the trial and error I went through so no one else encounters these headaches

thank you - i will look forward to that.

Hey, I have to read the mentioned threads about the custom usb injection. This will take some time, since it's a lot of new stuff for me :D

2. The NVMe PCIe SSD is not formatted and will be invisible to the setup. Fix this by doing the following:
  1. You have to open a Terminal,
  2. type diskutil list and note down the drive identifier. It should be /dev/disk0, if it's your only drive. Simply disconnect all not needed drives before setup. This will prevent some serious mistakes!
  3. Format the SSD as HFS: diskutil eraseDisk JHFS+ MacOSGoesHere /dev/disk0
  4. Now you can use the drive utility gui to format the drive as APFS.
  5. I've used GPT and created 300 GiB APFS partition and an 200 GiB partition for Windows formatted as ExFAT.

View attachment 298580 View attachment 298581 View attachment 298582

I'm planning on building almost the same (same MoBo, i7-8700(no K) and Samsung 960 EVO).

Before I start I want to be totally sure what need to.

My question: How do I open a terminal? Is it an option when booting/in BIOS? I'm only used to terminal in OSX and the oldschool DOS platform :)

Entering the terminal is deadly easy as shown below:

dlVVq.jpg

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask :)

Entering the terminal is deadly easy as shown below:

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask :)

Thanks! I just ordered the hardware and plan to work on it Thursday. :)

Hey shark7760, thanks for sharing your build! I tried to build a hackintosh based on nearly the same hardware ( HD3P, i7 8700K). Everything works okayish so far, but I'm struggling with fixing these things:
- Sleep
- iMessage
- Audio ( i installed Voodoo, but it's reverbing and cracking all the time)

Do you have any solutions to share on how you fixed that?
Many thanks in advance!

All those things should work OK. For iMessage all I had to do was to follow the guide and use iMessageDebug to make sure all the iMessage-related stuff stayed the same from reboot to reboot. For audio, if you just use the 100/200/300 series audio support patch and the ALC1220 options in MultiBeast and, then, under audio in Clover Configurator, tick ResetHDA and inject layout 11, you should be OK.

For sleep I don't know - mine always just worked. I am injecting iMac 18,1 instead of iMac 18,3 because with Radeon graphics (RX560) the 18,3 smbios caused the display to lock up from time to time. I have the internal Intel graphics disabled in the BIOS.

Alright, thanks! iMessage and Continuity are now working. Just audio and sleep won't work. Installed ALC1220 + 100/200/300 series ( also twice, due to the bug) and tried out different injections (1,2,5,7,11), but didn't manage to get audio working. Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back