Contribute
Register

[Success] GIGABYTE Z370 Gaming 7 + Intel Core i7-8700K + RX 580 + (2x) Dell P2715Q 4k @ 60Hz

Just ordered a Titan Ridge for working out if I can get it going as per kgp's thread. Have had my Alpine ridge working with my W10 & Manjaro Linux builds... no problems also my new Razor Core X eGPU working and a dual port DP TB3 adapter. On the macOS side, well just my OCW 10Gbe ethernet at this moment. I haven't played too much with macOS and TB3, will wait for my GC-TITAN Ridge to arrive sometime 18-24th Jan.
I will be creating a separate thread for the Mojave side of this build irrespective of whether I get TB3 hotplug working very soon, so I will be very quiet on this build guide from now until I create my new thread, which I will be providing support for (where I'm able to that is). So keep your eyes out for it in the Mojave Desktop section of this forum. Hope your mac is going well for you now @jiffyslot.

Jim

OK I just got my Titan Ridge and have it working on my Windows 10 drive. What a nightmare this thing was to install! This card is a bit "thicker" than the Alpine Ridge so the front audio connector is kinda in the way if you have a cable connected to it which makes seating it FULLY hit and miss. If its not seated just right, the card wont show up and no Thunderbolt options in BIOS. I thought the card was DOA and was about to send it back. It took me over 2 hours to get this thing fired up and now I am scared to move/touch the thing. :(

Last edited:
OK I just got my Titan Ridge and have it working on my Windows 10 drive. What a nightmare this thing was to install! This card is a bit "thicker" than the Alpine Ridge so the front audio connector is kinda in the way if you have a cable connected to it which makes seating it FULLY hit and miss. If its not seated just right, the card wont show up and no Thunderbolt options in BIOS. I thought the card was DOA and was about to send it back. It took me over 2 hours to get this thing fired up and now I am scared to move/touch the thing. :(
Get mine next Tuesday (Wednesday in Northern Hemisphere).
Read that TR only shows up in Bios once you have connected a TB3 device to it, unlike the Alpine Ridge that shows once it’s inserted.

Get mine next Tuesday (Wednesday in Northern Hemisphere).
Read that TR only shows up in Bios once you have connected a TB3 device to it, unlike the Ed Alpine Ridge that shows once it’s inserted.

Yep. Had my audio interface connected from the start... then it played hide and so seek for quite a bit. I think I am going to have to give up front panel audio to keep the card seated correctly. :/

Yep. Had my audio interface connected from the start... then it played hide and so seek for quite a bit. I think I am going to have to give up front panel audio to keep the card seated correctly. :/

Got the Titan Ridge fully running perfectly on my LG Ultrafine 5K @ 60Hz Monitor :). The Install process of the card was super finicky for me as-well but its working perfectly now.

Got the Titan Ridge fully running perfectly on my LG Ultrafine 5K @ 60Hz Monitor :). The Install process of the card was super finicky for me as-well but its working perfectly now.

I think I am just going to ditch the Front Panel audio connector as I do not utilize it, anyway, and that should resolve my issues with it... other than waiting on a fully functioning SSDT. “pokes Jim” :lol:

OVERCLOCKED CPU At Idle (about 1 min after I exported the iMovie):

Frequency: 1.18Ghz
Temp: 36.9°C

Hi @HackaShaq, do you get these results even with HS 10.13.6?
My frequency has continued spikes and do not understand why...

GB Z370 Ultra Gaming
i7 8700K @ 4.8

I tried everything, but this is the best result I could get in IDLE:
IPG 2019-01-16.png

I found the extra M.2 covers for our board. It’s a kit for the second full length and a shorter black one for the lowest one... includes the standoffs and screws. Mine will arrive today :)

Gigabyte Aluminum Thermal Guard for PCIE NVME M.2 GIGABYTE GP-M.2 HS Cooling System (GP-M.2 HS) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07G5RH3Q4/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

Well I've finally started it... after wrestling the computer away from my son. :lol:
Famous last words, son still has it, but will relinquish it when I go back to my home this Friday and he stays down here at the beach. Maybe then I can get the document done ✅
Good stuff! Is Hotplug working out of the box with your monitor?
I think I am just going to ditch the front panel audio connector as I do not utilize it anyways and that should resolve my issues with it... other than waiting on a fully functioning SSDT. “pokes Jim” :lol:
Finally been informed DHL have my Titan Ridge shipping from Amazon after 4 days being told it had shipped from Amazon! Can’t wait to see what strife I can get into with it! Suggest you poke DHL!

Back