Contribute
Register

[Success] GIGABYTE Z370 Gaming 7 + Intel Core i7-8700K + RX 580 + (2x) Dell P2715Q 4k @ 60Hz

Motherboard
GIGABYTE Z370 Gaming 7
CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
I have super similar hardware to you and just received the Titan Ridge. Can you pm or send me a link to the SSDT, and I'll test it out for you. :)
See this post #10495

Seems they have hot plug working :D

Please let me know how this goes... I am itching to click the BUY NOW button!

Motherboard
GIGABYTE Z370 Gaming 7
CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
The trick is in system or roundtrip latency measured in milliseconds in a simple 24/44.1 KHz session with no plugins and no cheating by using high sample rates like 96KHz.

Setting aside PCIe DAW cards, the only thing that I've used that performed on-par latency-wise with Thunderbolt is a Digidesign 003R via Firewire 400.

Check out RME and the MOTU 624 and the Ultralight stuff. Anything with more than a single option for a computer connnection.

FWIW, until someone writes the Miracle Thunderbolt SSDT, you won't get any Thunderbolt-connected DAW device back after flipping it off. -Unless you use Windows.

BTW, I never use Sleep. It's either on or off.
Of course you won't... that's why I said flip it back on and REBOOT ;)

Motherboard
GA-Z370 AORUS Gaming 7-F11
CPU
i7-8700K OC 4.4 GHz
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
Ha ha, yeah. What I love is turning on the computer 1 second too soon and rebooting again...

You know I was weighing the cost of that inrush current to my Apollo on every power flip vs. leaving it on 24/7 and I've decided to just leave the Hack and the Apollo up and running during days of all day recording potential, then I just power it all down when it's back to the day job...

Motherboard
Z370 AORUS Gaming 7
CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
iMac, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
See this post #10495

Seems they have hot plug working :D

Please let me know how this goes... I am itching to click the BUY NOW button!
(I'm kinda amateur to Hackintoshes.) Would that still work with our board? Isn't that for X299 boards?

Motherboard
GA-Z370 AORUS Gaming 7-F11
CPU
i7-8700K OC 4.4 GHz
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
(Im Kinda Amateur to Hackintoshes) Would that still work with our board? isnt that for X299 boards
Yes, that seems to be the thing. -But I do wonder if it would work on the Z390 Designare? The one with 2 onboard Thunderbolt ports. But that's probably another thread...

Motherboard
Z370 AORUS GAMING 7 - F11
CPU
i7-8700K OC 4.9GHz
Graphics
Vega 64 + eGPU: RX 580
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS, Other
Yes, that seems to be the thing. -But I do wonder if it would work on the Z390 Designare? The one with 2 onboard Thunderbolt ports. But that's probably another thread...
Just ordered a Titan Ridge for working out if I can get it going as per kgp's thread. Have had my Alpine ridge working with my W10 & Manjaro Linux builds... no problems also my new Razor Core X eGPU working and a dual port DP TB3 adapter. On the macOS side, well just my OCW 10Gbe ethernet at this moment. I haven't played too much with macOS and TB3, will wait for my GC-TITAN Ridge to arrive sometime 18-24th Jan.
I will be creating a separate thread for the Mojave side of this build irrespective of whether I get TB3 hotplug working very soon, so I will be very quiet on this build guide from now until I create my new thread, which I will be providing support for (where I'm able to that is). So keep your eyes out for it in the Mojave Desktop section of this forum. Hope your mac is going well for you now @jiffyslot.

Jim

Motherboard
Z370 AORUS Gaming 7
CPU
Intel i7-8700
Graphics
Sapphire RX 580 Pulse 8GB
Mobile Phone
iOS
The trick is in system or roundtrip latency measured in milliseconds in a simple 24/44.1 KHz session with no plugins and no cheating by using high sample rates like 96KHz.

Setting aside PCIe DAW cards, the only thing that I've used that performed on-par latency-wise with Thunderbolt is a Digidesign 003R via Firewire 400.

Check out RME and the MOTU 624 and the Ultralight stuff. Anything with more than a single option for a computer connnection.

FWIW, until someone writes the Miracle Thunderbolt SSDT, you won't get any Thunderbolt-connected DAW device back after flipping it off. -Unless you use Windows.

BTW, I never use Sleep. It's either on or off.
I don't use sleep either, I think it makes things more complicated, and I have never liked to use sleep. I just leave my hackintosh on. :O

Motherboard
Z370 AORUS Gaming 7
CPU
Intel i7-8700
Graphics
Sapphire RX 580 Pulse 8GB
Mobile Phone
iOS
Just ordered a Titan Ridge for working out if I can get it going as per kgp's thread. Have had my Alpine ridge working with my W10 & Manjaro Linux builds... no problems also my new Razor Core X eGPU working and a dual port DP TB3 adapter. On the macOS side, well just my OCW 10Gbe ethernet at this moment. I haven't played too much with macOS and TB3, will wait for my GC-TITAN Ridge to arrive sometime 18-24th Jan.
I will be creating a separate thread for the Mojave side of this build irrespective of whether I get TB3 hotplug working very soon, so I will be very quiet on this build guide from now until I create my new thread, which I will be providing support for (where I'm able to that is). So keep your eyes out for it in the Mojave Desktop section of this forum. Hope your mac is going well for you now @jiffyslot.

Jim
JB, you are a dang hero! Thank you for helping everyone! My rig has been so solid I forget to come here. ;)

Motherboard
GIGABYTE Z370 Gaming 7
CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
(I'm kinda amateur to Hackintoshes.) Would that still work with our board? Isn't that for X299 boards?
Yes Titan Ridge is fully compatible with our boards. The last BIOS update made it so :)

I don't know anything about the Z390 Designare board so I can not comment

Motherboard
Z370 AORUS Gaming 7
CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
iMac, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
Yes Titan Ridge is fully compatible with our boards. The last BIOS update made it so :)

I don't know anything about the Z390 Designare board so I can not comment
Its super wierd I have setup the card perfectly and multiple times, I cant get it to show in BIOS let alone macOS. I do not have any Thunderbolt devices plugged in nor do I have any yet, but I don't think that would affect it from not showing in BIOS.