Contribute
Register

[Success] GIGABYTE Z370 Gaming 7 + Intel Core i7-8700K + RX 580 + (2x) Dell P2715Q 4k @ 60Hz

Motherboard
Z370 AORUS GAMING 7 - F11
CPU
i7-8700K OC 4.9GHz
Graphics
Vega 64 + eGPU: RX 580
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS, Other
Its super wierd I have setup the card perfectly and multiple times, I can't get it to show in BIOS let alone macOS. I do not have any Thunderbolt devices plugged in nor do I have any yet, but I don't think that would affect it from not showing in B.IOS
Have you installed the F11 BIOS from Gigabyte?
F11 is the first BIOS version to support Titan Ridge.
Also you need to install the drivers under windows 10.

Edit: Also have you got it in the last PCIe slot?

Last edited:
Motherboard
GIGABYTE Z370 Gaming 7
CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
Its super wierd I have setup the card perfectly and multiple times, I cant get it to show in bios let alone mac os. I do not have any thunderbolt devices plugged in nor do I have any yet but I don't think that would affect it from not showing in bios.
You should not have to have a TB device connected to it for it to show up in the BIOS

CORRECTION : You DO have to have a device connected!

Last edited:
Motherboard
Z370 AORUS Gaming 7
CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
iMac, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
Yah, I have it in the bottom PCI slot. I will try to install the Windows driver and BIOS again, and I'll let you know.

Motherboard
GA-Z370 AORUS Gaming 7-F11
CPU
i7-8700K OC 4.4 GHz
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
If GB is still shipping their add-in cards with those mini cd's, hang onto it. It seems to be the best and only way to install the TB driver in Windows without a suite of junk apps. I find it helpful to have one BIOS setup for Windows and one for OSX. Whenever I change any hardware inside the box, I reload Optimized Defaults and then load the OSX BIOS setup. Sounds odd, but it seems to clear and reset any conflicts that are hidden from us on the BIOS setup screen.

Here's a Titan Ridge question/consideration going forward to @jb007 's future thread: Regarding the three cables that come with that card, will you have to recheck your SSDT USB patch to host both the USB 1.1/2.0 (newly included) and the TB header that is now labeled by Gigabyte as a USB C cable?

Motherboard
Z370 AORUS Gaming 7
CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
iMac, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
You should not have to have a TB device connected to it for it to show up in the BIOS
Heres a quick update. I managed to get the card to show up in BIOS only after I plugged a device plugged into it. I have a simple Thunderbolt to HDMI adapter plugged in, and it is working perfectly. But only once I am booted into macOS. I am trying to figure out if I can get the card to work in the Clover bootloader as well. If anyone has some suggestions that would help. Thanks

Last edited:
Motherboard
CPU
i7-8700K OC 4.9GHz
Graphics
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS, Other
If GB is still shipping their add-in cards with those mini cd's, hang onto it. It seems to be the best and only way to install the TB driver in Windows without a suite of junk apps. I find it helpful to have one BIOS setup for Windows and one for OSX. Whenever I change any hardware inside the box, I reload Optimized Defaults and then load the OSX BIOS setup. Sounds odd, but it seems to clear and reset any conflicts that are hidden from us on the BIOS setup screen.

Here's a Titan Ridge question/consideration going forward to @jb007 's future thread: Regarding the three cables that come with that card, will you have to recheck your SSDT USB patch to host both the USB 1.1/2.0 (newly included) and the TB header that is now labeled by Gigabyte as a USB C cable?
No it’s not connected to any of the Intel chips, so no changes AFAIK. Which is good. I’ll know more after Tuesday week when my TR arrives.

Motherboard
GIGABYTE Z370 Gaming 7
CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
Heres a quick update. I managed to get the card to show up in BIOS only after I plugged a device plugged into it. I have a simple Thunderbolt to HDMI adapter plugged in, and it is working perfectly. But only once I am booted into macOS. I am trying to figure out if I can get the card to work in the Clover bootloader as well. If anyone has some suggestions that would help. Thanks
That’s great! My Alpine Ridge showed up as soon as I installed it... I will keep this in mind when I swap it out with the Titan. Thanks for sharing. :D

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Sockel 1151/Z370
CPU
Intel Core i7-8700K Processor
Graphics
Sapphire Radeon PULSE RX 580 8GB Graphics Card (11265-05-20G
Hey thank you very much for this amazing guide;)

I am quite a rookie in the Hackintosh universe and I've got some question, about your build which I try to rebuild.

Based on the Bluetooth dongle in your Description, I was wondering if you used a bluetooth mouse and keyboard during the installation or did you need a wired combination? Do you have any experience if the Apple magic mouse and Bluetooth keyboard will also work, or do you have any recommendations regarding mouse and keyboard?

Second did you also try Mojave on your build? Or would you recommend to go with High Sierra?

Thank you very much!

Motherboard
GIGABYTE Z370 Gaming 7
CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
Just ordered a Titan Ridge for working out if I can get it going as per kgp's thread. Have had my Alpine ridge working with my W10 & Manjaro Linux builds... no problems also my new Razor Core X eGPU working and a dual port DP TB3 adapter. On the macOS side, well just my OCW 10Gbe ethernet at this moment. I haven't played too much with macOS and TB3, will wait for my GC-TITAN Ridge to arrive sometime 18-24th Jan.
I will be creating a separate thread for the Mojave side of this build irrespective of whether I get TB3 hotplug working very soon, so I will be very quiet on this build guide from now until I create my new thread, which I will be providing support for (where I'm able to that is). So keep your eyes out for it in the Mojave Desktop section of this forum. Hope your mac is going well for you now @jiffyslot.

Jim
OK I just got my Titan Ridge and have it working on my Windows 10 drive. What a nightmare this thing was to install! This card is a bit "thicker" than the Alpine Ridge so the front audio connector is kinda in the way if you have a cable connected to it which makes seating it FULLY hit and miss. If its not seated just right, the card wont show up and no Thunderbolt options in BIOS. I thought the card was DOA and was about to send it back. It took me over 2 hours to get this thing fired up and now I am scared to move/touch the thing. :(

Last edited:
Motherboard
CPU
i7-8700K OC 4.9GHz
Graphics
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS, Other
OK I just got my Titan Ridge and have it working on my Windows 10 drive. What a nightmare this thing was to install! This card is a bit "thicker" than the Alpine Ridge so the front audio connector is kinda in the way if you have a cable connected to it which makes seating it FULLY hit and miss. If its not seated just right, the card wont show up and no Thunderbolt options in BIOS. I thought the card was DOA and was about to send it back. It took me over 2 hours to get this thing fired up and now I am scared to move/touch the thing. :(
Get mine next Tuesday (Wednesday in Northern Hemisphere).
Read that TR only shows up in Bios once you have connected a TB3 device to it, unlike the Alpine Ridge that shows once it’s inserted.