Contribute
Register

[Success] GIGABYTE Z370 Gaming 7 + Intel Core i7-8700K + RX 580 + (2x) Dell P2715Q 4k @ 60Hz

Motherboard
GIGABYTE Z370 Gaming 7
CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
Get mine next Tuesday (Wednesday in Northern Hemisphere).
Read that TR only shows up in Bios once you have connected a TB3 device to it, unlike the Ed Alpine Ridge that shows once it’s inserted.
Yep. Had my audio interface connected from the start... then it played hide and so seek for quite a bit. I think I am going to have to give up front panel audio to keep the card seated correctly. :/

Motherboard
Z370 AORUS Gaming 7
CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
iMac, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
Yep. Had my audio interface connected from the start... then it played hide and so seek for quite a bit. I think I am going to have to give up front panel audio to keep the card seated correctly. :/
Got the Titan Ridge fully running perfectly on my LG Ultrafine 5K @ 60Hz Monitor :). The Install process of the card was super finicky for me as-well but its working perfectly now.

Motherboard
GIGABYTE Z370 Gaming 7
CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
Got the Titan Ridge fully running perfectly on my LG Ultrafine 5K @ 60Hz Monitor :). The Install process of the card was super finicky for me as-well but its working perfectly now.
I think I am just going to ditch the Front Panel audio connector as I do not utilize it, anyway, and that should resolve my issues with it... other than waiting on a fully functioning SSDT. “pokes Jim” :lol:

Motherboard
Z370 AORUS Ultra Gaming
CPU
I7-8700K
Graphics
GTX 970
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
OVERCLOCKED CPU At Idle (about 1 min after I exported the iMovie):

Frequency: 1.18Ghz
Temp: 36.9°C

Hi @HackaShaq, do you get these results even with HS 10.13.6?
My frequency has continued spikes and do not understand why...

GB Z370 Ultra Gaming
i7 8700K @ 4.8

I tried everything, but this is the best result I could get in IDLE:
IPG 2019-01-16.png

Motherboard
GIGABYTE Z370 Gaming 7
CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
I found the extra M.2 covers for our board. It’s a kit for the second full length and a shorter black one for the lowest one... includes the standoffs and screws. Mine will arrive today :)

Gigabyte Aluminum Thermal Guard for PCIE NVME M.2 GIGABYTE GP-M.2 HS Cooling System (GP-M.2 HS) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07G5RH3Q4/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

Motherboard
Z390 AORUS PRO
CPU
i7-8700K OC 5.0GHz
Graphics
Vega 64 + eGPU: 2 x RX 580
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS, Other
Well I've finally started it... after wrestling the computer away from my son. :lol:
Famous last words, son still has it, but will relinquish it when I go back to my home this Friday and he stays down here at the beach. Maybe then I can get the document done ✅
Good stuff! Is Hotplug working out of the box with your monitor?
I think I am just going to ditch the front panel audio connector as I do not utilize it anyways and that should resolve my issues with it... other than waiting on a fully functioning SSDT. “pokes Jim” :lol:
Finally been informed DHL have my Titan Ridge shipping from Amazon after 4 days being told it had shipped from Amazon! Can’t wait to see what strife I can get into with it! Suggest you poke DHL!

Motherboard
GIGABYTE Z370 Gaming 7
CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
Famous last words, son still has it, but will relinquish it when I go back to my home this Friday and he stays down here at the beach. Maybe then I can get the document done ✅

Good stuff! Is Hotplug working out of the box with your monitor?

Finally been informed DHL have my TItan Ridge shipping from Amazon after 4 days being told it had shipped from Amazon! Can’t wait to see what strife I can get into with it! Suggest you poke DHL!
Jim, I can not thank you enough for all your valuable help in this thread. You, sir, are a true hero. :clap:

trs96

Motherboard
GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK
CPU
i5-4690K
Graphics
HD4600 / RX 570
Mac
iMac, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
Android
Jim, I can not thank you enough for all your valuable help in this thread. You, sir, are a true hero.
Have to agree with that. For everyone subscribed to the @HackaShaq Golden Build, if you didn't know already, there will be a new Mojave guide posted in Mojave Desktop Guides that pulls together all the mini-guides in this thread by jb007. This will make it much easier for those clean installing Mojave to follow a step by step install guide that includes an SSDT for USB port function and a section on enabling Thunderbolt 3 via a Titan Ridge Thunderbolt AIC. So be on the lookout for that. You have a lot of great info coming your way about installing and configuring macOS Mojave on your Gigabyte Gaming 7 system.

Last edited: