Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Has anyone seen these issues with memory and PCI cards? I have tried using RestrictEvents.kext, I have also tried Fixing MacPro7,1 Memory Errors using the dortania guide to no avail.

Any help would be appreciated. :thumbup:

Hello.

There's a lot of bad stuff going on there ... Not sure which is intentional and which is accidental!

Did you choose the MacPro icon?
Not an iMacPro
You shouldn't have a warranty expiry date. A real Mac yes, but not a Hackintosh. Unless you have re-used a real Mac's serial-number. If not you have stumbled on one and should change it.

Hello.

There's a lot of bad stuff going on there ... Not sure which is intentional and which is accidental!

Did you choose the MacPro icon?
Not an iMacPro
You shouldn't have a warranty expiry date. A real Mac yes, but not a Hackintosh. Unless you have re-used a real Mac's serial-number. If not you have stumbled on one and should change it.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I don't know where the icon came from, I think it just appeared after an update. Also the serial number seemed to give me a warranty at the same time, which I can change if necessary.

As for the name, that was a mistake by me and have never got around to changing it.

What would I need to do to fix the memory and PCI issues?

Thanks

Last edited:
Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I don't know where the icon came from, I think it just appeared after an update. Also the serial number seemed to give me a warranty at the same time, which I can change if necessary.

As for the name, that was a mistake by me and have never got around to changing it.

Thanks
The serial number should be changed ASAP. A new one can be generated by OpenCore Configurator or some other tool. If using OpenCore Configurator, simply do this:
Screenshot 2024-01-19 at 1.36.25 PM.png

Then visit this website and enter the new serial number:

If you get a red message saying that the new serial number is not valid, then you are free to use that serial number.

... the serial number seemed to give me a warranty at the same time, which I can change if necessary.

You should, I think. Because that is currently a serial-number belonging to someone else with a real Mac.

1) How much memory do you really have?

2) A real MacPro has 7x pcie slots. The screen shows none used. That is logical.

Which macOS are you using? I don't recognise the About this Mac screen.

:)

The serial number should be changed ASAP. A new one can be generated by OpenCore Configurator or some other tool. If using OpenCore Configurator, simply do this:
View attachment 577518
Then visit this website and enter the new serial number:

If you get a red message saying that the new serial number is not valid, then you are free to use that serial number.

Thanks,

Changing the serial number has now removed the alert that was annoying me.

Thanks to @UtterDisbelief too.
The exclamation marks are still there. However, I'm guessing this is normal?
I'm using MacOS Sonoma 14.2.1
The memory is correct in saying 64 GB 3600 MHz DDR4

Thanks,

Changing the serial number has now removed the alert that was annoying me.

Thanks to @UtterDisbelief too.
I'm using MacOS Sonoma 14.2.1
The memory is correct in saying 64 GB 3600 MHz DDR4
For the exclamation mark next to "memory", try making the changes shown here:
Screenshot 2024-01-19 at 3.29.57 PM.png

Manufacturer does not matter -- but enter the brand name of your memory
PartNumber does not matter -- but replace with your own memory part number
SerialNumber does not matter -- but feel free to use the same values as shown

Ah. I don't see exclamation marks. I see the letter "i" for information, in a circle.

:)

Hi folks. I was having a bit of trouble with USBC / Thunderbolt ports and seem to have broken something else in efforts to fix. I tried connecting my nvme enclosure to the rear TB ports and nothing happened. I then tried connecting it to USB3 A ports and this caused a system hang that resolved if I pulled the drive (Disk util and finder hung so couldn't eject). I rebooted, tried again, same result.

I did a little digging on here, found a few folks with similar issues but struggled to understand what was missing in my EFI. I noticed that SSDT-Z390-DESIGNARE-TB3HP-V4.aml was not checked in ACPI so I added that and rebooted. I then realised that I could access the NVME enclosure with a C to A cable in any of my USB3 ports but it still wouldn't when connected via a C to C cable in the TB ports. I reverted my config.plist to check my change was relevant but found that it now behaved the same without the TB3HP. As much as this was strange it was overshadowed by a new message I get on every boot into Ventura.

"You shut down your computer because of a problem.
If you want to open the applications that were open when you shut down, click Open."

I have rebooted countless times, reverted to known working BIOS, reset NVRAM, booted into other versions of OSX without any such error and I just can't shake it. The USB C thing was a pain but this feels another level of broken. Have attached my EFI and some pics. I left my EFI in its original state prior to SSDT alteration.

I did find a thread with someone who had the same problem in Catalina but no indication on how/if it was resolved.

Hope someone can help.

Attachments

• LWScreenShot 2024-01-20 at 22.43.32.png
    LWScreenShot 2024-01-20 at 22.43.32.png
    265.3 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot 2024-01-20 at 21.23.16.png
    Screenshot 2024-01-20 at 21.23.16.png
    156.8 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot 2024-01-20 at 21.28.24.png
    Screenshot 2024-01-20 at 21.28.24.png
    41.5 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot 2024-01-20 at 21.39.18.png
    Screenshot 2024-01-20 at 21.39.18.png
    321.7 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot 2024-01-20 at 21.52.50.png
    Screenshot 2024-01-20 at 21.52.50.png
    194.2 KB · Views: 6
Hi folks. I was having a bit of trouble with USBC / Thunderbolt ports and seem to have broken something else in efforts to fix. I tried connecting my nvme enclosure to the rear TB ports and nothing happened. I then tried connecting it to USB3 A ports and this caused a system hang that resolved if I pulled the drive (Disk util and finder hung so couldn't eject). I rebooted, tried again, same result.

I did a little digging on here, found a few folks with similar issues but struggled to understand what was missing in my EFI. I noticed that SSDT-Z390-DESIGNARE-TB3HP-V4.aml was not checked in ACPI so I added that and rebooted. I then realised that I could access the NVME enclosure with a C to A cable in any of my USB3 ports but it still wouldn't when connected via a C to C cable in the TB ports. I reverted my config.plist to check my change was relevant but found that it now behaved the same without the TB3HP. As much as this was strange it was overshadowed by a new message I get on every boot into Ventura.

If you want to open the applications that were open when you shut down, click Open."

I have rebooted countless times, reverted to known working BIOS, reset NVRAM, booted into other versions of OSX without any such error and I just can't shake it. The USB C thing was a pain but this feels another level of broken. Have attached my EFI and some pics. I left my EFI in its original state prior to SSDT alteration.

I did find a thread with someone who had the same problem in Catalina but no indication on how/if it was resolved.

Hope someone can help.
Anything past F9i (BIOS) has non working USB on the two Thunderbolt ports.

As for your KP message, I guess you have to clean the logs. You could use Onyx also.

Hope someone can help.
So I fixed the shutdown/boot bug by deleting the diagnostic report logs.

Still struggling to get usb3 over TB

Edit: i have quite a lot of USB 3 C cables, mostly from Amazon. None of the USB C to A cables work with my Sabrent SSD caddy, but they work turned the other way around with my NVME enclosure. C to C also seems to work with 1 out of 3 for the NVME. I thought the only limitation was USB 2A to USB C being knocked out to keep port counts below 15 but there is obviously more to it

Last edited:
Back