Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

- I did the update from ventura after downloading the installer, thus bypassing the update offered by System Settings. I did the same for the reinstallation.
- There's only my 6800XT
- And yes, I used OCLP to be able to use the wifi on my Fenvi card, as I often use AirDrop.

I forgot to mention that I also tested this: sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0 standby 0 autopoweroff 0
We should also look at the sleep log as follows:
Code:
pmset -g log | tail -3000 > ~/Documents/sleeplog.txt
This will save the last 3000 lines of sleep log into Documents -> sleeplog.txt. Please post that file. There's no guarantee this will yield the answer, but it might provide some clues.

I just updated to Sonoma from Big Sur via Apple Software Update after updating OC to version 0.8.3. OC was a fresh install via HackinDROM with default boot arguments. I am still using the Fenvi PCIe card so I didn't select intel wireless. I don't use wifi on this machine anyway, only bluetooth. Sonoma upgrade went fine but my Sonnet 10Gb ethernet to thunderbolt 3 adapter isn't working as expected. It is stuck on self assigned IP. I use Ubiquity network gear and the switch is reporting a MAC address of all zeros. A USB 2.5Gb ethernet adapter works fine.

Additionally, iStat no longer reports CPU temperature.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Here's what I get, I hope the explanation is there, fingers crossed.

Attachments

• sleeplog.txt
    737.4 KB · Views: 8
I believe FaceTime calls can still be answered when using Intel WiFi. I'm currently on holiday far from home so I cannot confirm, but perhaps others might be able to check.

If anyone is using Intel WiFi with macOS Sonoma, are you able to answer cellular phone calls on your Hackintosh via FaceTime? In other words, when someone calls your iPhone do you get a notification on your Hackintosh, and are you able to answer that call on the Hackintosh?

I can confirm that cellurar calls work with Intel WiFi.

Here's what I get, I hope the explanation is there, fingers crossed.
Some questions:
  • Is there a Thunderbolt dock connected?
  • Are there any storage devices connected externally either to (a) USB ports, (b) Thunderbolt ports, or (c) Thunderbolt or USB dock?
  • Storage devices include:
    • SSDs
    • SD Cards
    • Micro SD Cards
    • CF Cards
    • other
Are you using the Jettison application? If so, try disabling or quitting the app and then check sleep/wake behavior. If this is an old version, there may be a newer one that is Sonoma-compatible.

Again, the sleep log provides arcane hints so what I said above may or may not be the culprit. But we can start here.

I just updated to Sonoma from Big Sur via Apple Software Update after updating OC to version 0.8.3. OC was a fresh install via HackinDROM with default boot arguments.
Sonoma requires OpenCore 0.9.x that we can upgrade to quite easily with HackinDROM using the right-click-update method that is described near the bottom of this post under Updating OpenCore:

I am still using the Fenvi PCIe card so I didn't select intel wireless. I don't use wifi on this machine anyway, only bluetooth. Sonoma upgrade went fine but my Sonnet 10Gb ethernet to thunderbolt 3 adapter isn't working as expected. It is stuck on self assigned IP.
In the Kernel section of config.plist, please check if DisableIoMapperMapping is checked on. It needs to be checked on. If this does not solve the problem, then post screenshots of:
  • OpenCore Configurator -> ACPI -> Add
  • OpenCore Configurator -> ACPI -> Delete
  • OpenCore Configurator -> Kernel

I use Ubiquity network gear and the switch is reporting a MAC address of all zeros. A USB 2.5Gb ethernet adapter works fine.
I switched entirely to Ubiquity UniFi gear earlier this year as part of a larger home network and A/V upgrade. This is the most amazing networking system I have ever experienced -- by leaps and bounds! I briefly documented the upgrade here:

IMG_9699_resize.jpg

Additionally, iStat no longer reports CPU temperature.
There have been updates to iStat as well. If latest version does not help, let's come back to this after upgrading OpenCore to 0.9.x as mentioned at the start of this reply.

No Thunderbolt dock, and no Thunderbolt devices either
No other external storage except those I've already unplugged
I do indeed use Jettison, I quit the app to see, but I've been putting it to sleep without using it since I unplugged my external drives

No Thunderbolt dock, and no Thunderbolt devices either
No other external storage except those I've already unplugged
I do indeed use Jettison, I quit the app to see, but I've been putting it to sleep without using it since I unplugged my external drives
If “Wake for network access” is enabled in System Settings -> Energy Saver, disable it and see if sleep/wake works.

If that also fails to solve the wake-from-sleep crash issue, then it’s best to do a fresh install of Sonoma on a new APFS Volume that can be created by running Disk Utility. The new volume can be created on existing internal NVMe SSD.

When Sonoma is freshly installed, do not run Migration Assistant or install any third party applications. Instead, test sleep and wake, but disable “Wake for network access”. This installation of Sonoma can either be deleted later on or made permanent by manually migrating everything over to it (I would not use Migration Assistant because whatever is causing the crash could also be migrated).

Wake for network access is already disabled and I've had another crash since I stopped Jettison, so it's not the culprit. Before trying a reinstall from scratch, I'll see if I can't come up with another idea, as doing without Migration assistant means a very very long reinstall afterwards. I'd like to find the culprit and it's a shame that the crash log doesn't indicate it (or else I can't read it, which is quite possible). Thanks for your help, I'll let you know if I make any progress.

Sonoma requires OpenCore 0.9.x
Updated to 0.9.7. Weird it didn't show this version when creating the EFI files from scratch.
In the Kernel section of config.plist, please check if DisableIoMapperMapping is checked on. It needs to be checked on. If this does not solve the problem, then post screenshots of:
  • OpenCore Configurator -> ACPI -> Add
  • OpenCore Configurator -> ACPI -> Delete
  • OpenCore Configurator -> Kernel
This didn't help. Please sees screenshots

Screenshot 2023-12-28 at 10.59.55 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-12-28 at 11.00.01 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-12-28 at 11.00.12 AM.png

I switched entirely to Ubiquity UniFi gear earlier this year as part of a larger home network and A/V upgrade. This is the most amazing networking system I have ever experienced -- by leaps and bounds!
It truly is an amazing ecosystem!
There have been updates to iStat as well. If latest version does not help, let's come back to this after upgrading OpenCore to 0.9.x as mentioned at the start of this reply.
OpenCore update solved the iStat problem. Thanks!

Back