Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Hi all - I am attempting a fresh Ventura install via CaseySJ's OpenCore 0.9.2 Mini Guide. I currently have a working Catalina 10.15.2 installation in my internal drive.

I am able to boot via the USB stick and opencore comes up. When I select "Install Mac OS Ventura", I get the apple logo, then the progress bar appears. It appears to hang at this very point, since the progress bar never progresses. Any ideas? Config.plist file attached. I have also updated my bios to F9 and disabled CFG lock.

EDIT: Attached some -v output

Attachments

• config.plist
    34.9 KB · Views: 8
  • PXL_20231229_031133581.MP.jpg
    PXL_20231229_031133581.MP.jpg
    7.6 MB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Updated to 0.9.7. Weird it didn't show this version when creating the EFI files from scratch.

This didn't help. Please sees screenshots
Regarding the 10GbE Sonnet adapter:
  • OpenCore configuration looks fine, but also check if any Aquantia patches are enabled in config.plist -> Kernel -> Patch section; those should all be disabled
  • Because you're seeing Self-Assigned IP it means the device is at least recognized, but AppleVTD needs to appear in IORegistryExplorer
    • Please run IORegistryExplorer and check if AppleVTD appears near the top of the device list on the left side of the IOReg window
    • If it does not appear, check if VT-D is enabled in BIOS (it needs to be enabled)

Hi all - I am attempting a fresh Ventura install via CaseySJ's OpenCore 0.9.2 Mini Guide. I currently have a working Catalina 10.15.2 installation in my internal drive.

I am able to boot via the USB stick and opencore comes up. When I select "Install Mac OS Ventura", I get the apple logo, then the progress bar appears. It appears to hang at this very point, since the progress bar never progresses. Any ideas? Config.plist file attached. I have also updated my bios to F9 and disabled CFG lock.

EDIT: Attached some -v output
This could be due to several factors, but please try the attached config.plist.

Attachments

• config.plist
    35.1 KB · Views: 9
Regarding the 10GbE Sonnet adapter:
  • OpenCore configuration looks fine, but also check if any Aquantia patches are enabled in config.plist -> Kernel -> Patch section; those should all be disabled
  • Because you're seeing Self-Assigned IP it means the device is at least recognized, but AppleVTDneeds to appear in IORegistryExplorer
    • Please run IORegistryExplorer and check if AppleVTD appears near the top of the device list on the left side of the IOReg window
    • If it does not appear, check if VT-D is enabled in BIOS (it needs to be enabled)
VT-D was disabled in BIOS. Everything is working now. Thanks!

This could be due to several factors, but please try the attached config.plist.
Just gave this a go and seemingly the same issue unfortunately! Any other ideas of what could be causing it? I'm going to try remaking the install media just in case

Just gave this a go and seemingly the same issue unfortunately! Any other ideas of what could be causing it? I'm going to try remaking the install media just in case
Some questions:
  • On the Catalina disk do you have OpenCore or Clover?
  • If Catalina uses Clover, it means you are trying to configure OpenCore for the first time
    • Is this correct?
  • How did you create the Ventura installation disk? Did you use gibMacOS to download the full Ventura installer? Did you follow any particular guide to download macOS and create the USB install disk?

Some questions:
  • On the Catalina disk do you have OpenCore or Clover?
  • If Catalina uses Clover, it means you are trying to configure OpenCore for the first time
    • Is this correct?
  • How did you create the Ventura installation disk? Did you use gibMacOS to download the full Ventura installer? Did you follow any particular guide to download macOS and create the USB install disk?

-I have Clover on the Catalina disk
-Yes, this is my first time using OpenCore
-To make the install disk I used your guide in the Asus Z690 build (used gibMacOS, createinstallmedia, etc.)

I'm currently recreating the install media using a slightly older Ventura to see if that does anything (was trying 13.6.3 before, now I am trying 13.6).

Thank you!

-I have Clover on the Catalina disk
-Yes, this is my first time using OpenCore
-To make the install disk I used your guide in the Asus Z690 build (used gibMacOS, createinstallmedia, etc.)

I'm currently recreating the install media using a slightly older Ventura to see if that does anything (was trying 13.6.3 before, now I am trying 13.6).

Thank you!

Just tried the older Ventura version and still getting the same issue!

Just tried the older Ventura version and still getting the same issue!

Getting a slightly different error (attached) after trying the following:

-Changing to a different USB stick
-Updating OpenCore using HackinDrom
-Trying a variety of USB ports

Attachments

• PXL_20231229_215313985.jpg
    PXL_20231229_215313985.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 7
Last edited by a moderator:
-Edit:
Google has yielded the answer, I posted too soon. Ctrl + Enter to set default from OC picker

Hello peeps. I’ve really been trying to do this one for myself but going slightly crazy and hopefully it is a simple fix.

Every time I reboot, OC defaults to Windows drive. If I reset NVRAM, BIOS defaults to Windows. Been going in circles a while. Tried locking BIOS but inputting a password every boot is more tedious than picking the drive. In any case that doesn’t fix the OC default.

My Windows install is in the top NVMe, and the default to Windows happens even when I am booting into OSX and rebooting.

Any pointers much appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back