Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Please have a look at the Sleep Aid guide:
Ok, but my Sleep/Wake wasn't an issue in Big Sur. So I'm wondering what could have changed going to Ventura

Ok, but my Sleep/Wake wasn't an issue in Big Sur. So I'm wondering what could have changed going to Ventura
Ventura itself can behave differently from Big Sur. It's a good idea to go through the process of elimination with USB devices as mentioned in the Sleep Aid. If there are Thunderbolt devices connected, we should try disconnecting them as well. If there are PCIe cards in the system, consider removing them except for GPU.

Ventura itself can behave differently from Big Sur. It's a good idea to go through the process of elimination with USB devices as mentioned in the Sleep Aid. If there are Thunderbolt devices connected, we should try disconnecting them as well. If there are PCIe cards in the system, consider removing them except for GPU.
Totally understand. I will do trial and error, I thought at this point there would be a straight answer with all the pages here. But I totally get it, thank you.

So I updated to Sonoma and now wifi doesn't work. Bluetooth is still great! Using the BCM94360CS2 from the guide. Can someone point me to the guide to fix WiFi on this MB board?

@CaseySJ OK, I think I getting to the bottom of this. I have Fractal Design Case and one of your custom SSDT is: Custom USB SSDT for Fractal Design R6 Case. Is there anything I need to do for Ventura that was different when originally installing all of this with a few years back. I followed the instructions but my ports on front of case (F1, F2, F3 according to reference pdf) still not working properly. I installed SSDT-UIAC-DESIGNARE-Z390-FD-DEFINE-R6-V3.aml and SSDT-EC.aml and removed SSDT-UIAC-DESIGNARE-Z390.V<n>.aml and replace the SSDT-EC.aml. My RX580 is in slot one and not sure I need SSDT-Z390-DESIGNARE-RX580-V2.aml file if so where do I obtain this?

Can someone point me to the guide to fix WiFi on this MB board?

The latest version of the OpenCore Legacy Patcher app.

Support for all Broadcom chipsets but the ones Apple solders to its motherboards, has been deprecated. The above is the only way so far to restore older hardware.

So I updated to Sonoma and now wifi doesn't work. Bluetooth is still great! Using the BCM94360CS2 from the guide. Can someone point me to the guide to fix WiFi on this MB board?

You'll need to switch to onboard's Intel wifi. I used Casey's latest Mini-Guide from the Asus Z690 thread and works great.

@CaseySJ OK, I think I getting to the bottom of this. I have Fractal Design Case and one of your custom SSDT is: Custom USB SSDT for Fractal Design R6 Case. Is there anything I need to do for Ventura that was different when originally installing all of this with a few years back. I followed the instructions but my ports on front of case (F1, F2, F3 according to reference pdf) still not working properly. I installed SSDT-UIAC-DESIGNARE-Z390-FD-DEFINE-R6-V3.aml and SSDT-EC.aml and removed SSDT-UIAC-DESIGNARE-Z390.V<n>.aml and replace the SSDT-EC.aml. My RX580 is in slot one and not sure I need SSDT-Z390-DESIGNARE-RX580-V2.aml file if so where do I obtain this?
When you say the front USB ports aren't working properly, what does that mean? For instance, do those ports appear in IORegistryExplorer under XHC? The names of those ports are in the PDF that accompanies the SSDT.

Also, exactly which Fractal Define case? (i.e., I had a Define R6 and an S. The USB mapping is different between the two.) Also, I never, ever install Logitech drivers or control panels. If a feature on a mouse or keyboard can't run without loading their "software", I won't miss it. FWIW, I've never had to redo my USB ports since Mojave. I also never sleep my machine.

Last edited:
hi @CaseySJ , I updated my z390 Designare Hackintosh to Sonoma. I applied OCLP and wifi is working fine with fenvi. Airdrop, Apple Watch unlock, copy paste, continuity etc are working. I also want to use sidecar and universal control. If I enable internal graphics on bios, fenvi wifi does not work anymore. And still no sidecar even with cable. Is there a way to enable sidecar and universal control? It would be nice if I could make DRM work too. Thanks in advance.

SMBIOS: iMac 19,1
CPU:9900K
Motherboard:Z390 Designare
GPU: MSI 6900XT

Back