Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

The Gigabyte website says it has built-in Intel wireless, but from here I don't know which model. Most are supported by the OpenIntelWireless kexts.

That would depend on how you have configured your USB ports already.
I guess those ports are disabled in Big Sur also, I thought I had them working.

I guess those ports are disabled in Big Sur also, I thought I had them working.

That will depend on how you set them up. You say the front ports are not USB3. Well the standard internal headers for the front case ports are usually either the 20-pin two-port USB3 header or the single USB-C header, just beneath the ATX power socket. The only USB2 ports-only are the two 9-pin headers on the bottom, to the left of the front-panel LED/Switch header. You could, of course, have edited the config so only USB2 was used ..?

That will depend on how you set them up. You say the front ports are not USB3. Well the standard internal headers for the front case ports are usually either the 20-pin two-port USB3 header or the single USB-C header, just beneath the ATX power socket. The only USB2 ports-only are the two 9-pin headers on the bottom, to the left of the front-panel LED/Switch header. You could, of course, have edited the config so only USB2 was used ..?
Not sure need to look

@CaseySJ I installed a Brand New instance of Ventura on a separate HD and the zooming is fixed Ethernet, wifi and BT work, but my speakers plugged into the back of the Z390 don't and I have AppleALC latest version installed on OC 0.9.5? Now the sound works through my headset, HDMI monitor and BT AirPods. But internal speakers plugged in don't work. Any ideas?

@CaseySJ I installed a Brand New instance of Ventura on a separate HD and the zooming is fixed Ethernet, wifi and BT work, but my speakers plugged into the back of the Z390 don't and I have AppleALC latest version installed on OC 0.9.5? Now the sound works through my headset, HDMI monitor and BT AirPods. But internal speakers plugged in don't work. Any ideas?
First thing to check is Layout ID. If you are using boot argument “alcid”, what is it set to?

As for the WiFi ... Well if you updated to one of the later point upgrades of Ventura they suffer from the same problem Sonoma does in that most Broadcom chipsets have been deprecated and no-longer work
Can't get wifi to work but bluetooth seems to find things.
Broadcom wifi does work for me on Ventura 13.6.1 22G313 with no OCLP or extra kexts.
However the i219 Ethernet port started having problems with the native apple driver: 10MBit connection only, breaks after sleep - so I went back to IntelMausi which has the advantage of using less CPU when maxing out my 400MBit fiber internet connection during downloads.

Logitech mice such as MX Master for Mac without a dongle will not connect with our INTEL Bluetooth, which is the reason I reactivated my Fenvi T919 after two years on intel bt+wifi.

itlwifi_brcmBT.png

Last edited:
@CaseySJ Ok, I have a new Ventura (13.5.2) Build up and going and it seems everything is working, except waking from Sleep. If the computer goes to sleep the only way to wake it up is a reset/reboot, which sucks. I'm on latest OC 0.9.5.

How best to fix or troubleshoot this?

@CaseySJ Ok, I have a new Ventura (13.5.2) Build up and going and it seems everything is working, except waking from Sleep. If the computer goes to sleep the only way to wake it up is a reset/reboot, which sucks. I'm on latest OC 0.9.5.

How best to fix or troubleshoot this?
Please have a look at the Sleep Aid guide:

Back