Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

I am back up running with new motherboard and 0.9.2. Flashed the Thunderbolt chip and hot-swap all good. Kudos to Casey and everyone. Great stuff. Are the thunderbolt ports also supposed to work with USB3? When I plug a drive in, it lights up but doesn't appear. Maybe a bios setting?

I am back up running with new motherboard and 0.9.2. Flashed the Thunderbolt chip and hot-swap all good. Kudos to Casey and everyone. Great stuff. Are the thunderbolt ports also supposed to work with USB3? When I plug a drive in, it lights up but doesn't appear. Maybe a bios setting?

Mapping. There is a 15 port USB limit so in the default config, USB over TB is disabled,
I don't use the USB DAC ports (Yellow ones) so Casey helped me by adjusting the mapping and disabling those & enabling USB over TB

So now I have TB/USB_C out to monitor & can use the USB 3 ports on my monitor & dangle off extra devices like ssd etc

Search this forum for 2022 & you should see the post from Casey & the explanation on this

Mapping. There is a 15 port USB limit so in the default config, USB over TB is disabled,
I don't use the USB DAC ports (Yellow ones) so Casey helped me by adjusting the mapping and disabling those & enabling USB over TB

So now I have TB/USB_C out to monitor & can use the USB 3 ports on my monitor & dangle off extra devices like ssd etc

Search this forum for 2022 & you should see the post from Casey & the explanation on this
Makes sense. I will just it leave it. Cheers.

It's okay to use HackinDROM, but enable DisableIoMapperMapping kernel quirk manually (using OpenCore Configurator) before installing macOS 13.3 or newer.
Updated from 0.8.9 to 0.9.2 with HackinDROM, comparing enabled kernel quirks to what you have in your 0.9.2 guide, should I make some additional changes? I do not have an Aquantia card.

My 0.9.2 after update:
Untitled.png

Your 0.9.2:
1685106015852.png

I've been hanging out on OC 0.7.5 for some time. Wanted to make the jump to 0.9.2 but the HackinDROM method only upgrades me to 0.7.8. Is there a guide that gets me there manually? I plan to stick with Big Sur (I use 32bit plug-ins).

I've been hanging out on OC 0.7.5 for some time. Wanted to make the jump to 0.9.2 but the HackinDROM method only upgrades me to 0.7.8. Is there a guide that gets me there manually? I plan to stick with Big Sur (I use 32bit plug-ins).
I just updated from 0.8.9 to 0.9.2 using v2.1.7 of HackinDROM. I don't think I saw a way to see version it would upgrade to, right click over the drive name text, select Update, and sit back, it took me to 0.9.2.

Could also be that you have the F9 or F9j BIOS: past F9i, TB3 ports works only… with Thunderbolt devices. No more USB support!

The best method to use in this case, IMHO: https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Post-Install/universal/update.html

You would then use https://github.com/corpnewt/OCConfigCompare and a good plist editor (I personally use Plist Edit Pro latest free version).

**You surely mean Mojave as Catalina dropped 32bit support!

@CaseySJ, I am upgrading from Catalina to Big Sur, and because I upgraded to Catalina not too long ago, my open-core config is already the 0.7.9. Is there any step in the following guide that I should follow?
Thanks

@CaseySJ, how u doing hope all is well. question do u have any updated version of your mod AppleALC.kext?Been using ur's ever since and I really like it.

Back