Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Sorry I didn't respond sooner; haven't been in the studio... In my BIOS I have Thunderbolt Boot Support --> Disabled.
NP, thanks for your feedback! I did not test this special combination of old TB3 SSDT (which seems to make sense with older BIOSes with older SSDTs) with disabling these kexts, have only one (Catalina) reference backup but reinstalling Big Sur is easy enough thanks to OpenCore.

Yes, a fresh install would actually be much better.
May I ask you one more question: The mini-guide for fresh installation brings me to Hackindrom. But the workflow there is totally different from the pictures in the guide. Maybe I'm missing something in the guide here.

May I ask you one more question: The mini-guide for fresh installation brings me to Hackindrom. But the workflow there is totally different from the pictures in the guide. Maybe I'm missing something in the guide here.
Simply follow this guide to install Big Sur from scratch:

This guide is also available from the Quick Reference spoiler at the top of Post 1:

Screen Shot 2022-03-24 at 2.08.06 PM.png

Sorry I didn't respond sooner; haven't been in the studio... In my BIOS I have Thunderbolt Boot Support --> Disabled.

These are the changes I have in the EFI from stock:
Kernel --> USBWakeFixup.kext uncheck
ACPI --> SSDT-USBW.aml uncheck

I have disabled AppleVTD :
Kernel --> Quirks --> DisableIoMapper --> check on
ACPI --> Add --> SSDT-DMAR.aml --> check off
ACPI --> Delete --> DMAR --> check off

NVRam delete Pikera arg

Using SSDT-Z390-DESIGNARE-TB3HP-V4.aml > preferred for original TB firmware
Thanks for documenting this, however and unfortunately for me, it did not work with my motu pro audio drivers even with my restored and reconfigured bios F6
Was worth trying though so still thankful, hope it helps others too if they have a MOTU Pro TB interface so that they don't spend too much time on this, I think I'll stick with catalina for a while.

Thank you!
I will search his posts on this thread and try it. I hope I don’t brick it before selling the computer :lol:
Could you please share the link and your experience in the endeavour?

I have the same problem. Could you tell me how it solved it? Just erasing the DeviceProperties entries? What is the SSDT method?
Yes, remove that entry, then add the attached SSDT. I found it in this thread.

This is of course for 5700 XT only. Mine is a Sapphire Pulse, no idea if make/model has any effect.

Attachments

• SSDT-NAVI-RX5700XT.aml
    433 bytes · Views: 34
Yes, remove that entry, then add the attached SSDT. I found it in this thread.

This is of course for 5700 XT only. Mine is a Sapphire Pulse, no idea if make/model has any effect.
Ok. Following these instructions everything worked. Good performance and wake-up too.

Last edited:
@Inqnuam @CaseySJ Soooo, I though I should update to the latest OC and went to the mini guides to see that there was no mini guide for OC 0.7.9 and for good blood reason. Well done guys for the awesome work on HackinDROM, this has made life some much easier when it comes to updating my system. It worked like a charm. No issues at all. Also I updated to Monterey 12.3 and have had no GPU issues with my RX5700XT, well at least no obvious ones. Is there something I should be looking out for?

Back