Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Casey;

I’ll start a post over in the z390 M Gaming thread and leave this thread alone on this topic, but if you are at all curious, I added the z390 Designare DMAR.aml (and config changes) to my z390 M and after enabling VT-d, Apple VTD appeared in IO Registry, so I ALSO added DWAC.aml and now both VT-d entrees appear in IOR like they do on the Designare. I just am not advanced enough to know if these two amls are compatible with the M Gaming board. The dortania guide suggests the AWAC.aml for both z390s, so I suppose yours is just a modified version specific for the Designare board?

Lastly, the recent post on this topic has a HackinDROM app snapshot showing z390 M Gaming IS still in the OC updater menu! I confess I haven’t been able to use the app for some time because everytime I click the little icon on the menu at the top it just disappears (both on Designare and z390 M). If there’s a quick solve for that great! if not, I’ll dig elsewhere.

Thank you immensely, and I’ll stop now muddying your thread
J

Casey;

I’ll start a post over in the z390 M Gaming thread and leave this thread alone on this topic, but if you are at all curious, I added the z390 Designare DMAR.aml (and config changes) to my z390 M and after enabling VT-d, Apple VTD appeared in IO Registry, so I ALSO added DWAC.aml and now both VT-d entrees appear in IOR like they do on the Designare. I just am not advanced enough to know if these two amls are compatible with the M Gaming board.
Glad to hear it. The DMAR SSDT from Gigabyte Z390 Designare should be okay on the Z390 M Gaming.

The dortania guide suggests the AWAC.aml for both z390s, so I suppose yours is just a modified version specific for the Designare board?
SSDT-AWAC is not needed on the Z390 Designare and probably not on the Z390 M Gaming either. But we do use it on the newer Z490 Vision D, where it is required. Note that Dortania points out that SSDT-AWAC is needed for most Z390 boards, but the word "most" does not mean "all"!

Screen Shot 2021-10-02 at 1.44.57 PM.png

Lastly, the recent post on this topic has a HackinDROM app snapshot showing z390 M Gaming IS still in the OC updater menu! I confess I haven’t been able to use the app for some time because everytime I click the little icon on the menu at the top it just disappears (both on Designare and z390 M). If there’s a quick solve for that great! if not, I’ll dig elsewhere.
According to @Inqnuam, the Auto Update feature of HackinDROM may not work properly on all systems. He is looking into an alternative implementation, but in the meantime have you tried downloading the 2.0.0 Beta build directly and copying it to the Applications folder?

Glad to hear it. The DMAR SSDT from Gigabyte Z390 Designare should be okay on the Z390 M Gaming.

SSDT-AWAC is not needed on the Z390 Designare and probably not on the Z390 M Gaming either. But we do use it on the newer Z490 Vision D, where it is required. Note that Dortania points out that SSDT-AWAC is needed for most Z390 boards, but the word "most" does not mean "all"!

View attachment 530023

According to @Inqnuam, the Auto Update feature of HackinDROM may not work properly on all systems. He is looking into an alternative implementation, but in the meantime have you tried downloading the 2.0.0 Beta build directly and copying it to the Applications folder?
Yes, 2.0.0 beta and Apps folder. I’ll bide my time there.

As far as AWAC.aml, thanks for the clarity! What is your DWAC.aml for then?

J

Yes, 2.0.0 beta and Apps folder. I’ll bide my time there.

As far as AWAC.aml, thanks for the clarity! What is your DWAC.aml for then?

J
Do you mean SSDT-DMAC (not DWAC)? That adds "Direct Memory Access Controller" to IOReg. We don't think it provides any benefit, but we added it during our experimentation with VT-d.

Do you mean SSDT-DMAC (not DWAC)? That adds "Direct Memory Access Controller" to IOReg. We don't think it provides any benefit, but we added it during our experimentation with VT-d.
Ah man, yup. Sorry!!!

I needed to add DMAC.aml to get DMAC to appear in IOR on the z390 M.

Thanks again!!!

Last edited:
Hi, I'm looking to finally upgrade from Catalina to Big Sur. I've done small updates, but haven't yet done a major version update, so I wanted to get a double check to make sure I'm not forgetting anything.

I just updated from OC 0.7.1 to 0.7.3 using the files here. HackinDROM launches but crashes as soon as I try to click it in the menu bar, so I did this update the old way with the Configurator and copying my numbers over. Thanks so much CaseySJ for doing this all for so long, I really appreciate the work you put into this thread. The update seems to be working OK so far, but it's been less than a day. I did notice that a few things lost permissions to like read my desktop and I had to say "yes it's okay" again. (As an aside, I haven't had any problems since July when I last updated OC, so haven't logged in here, and it seems like my account was deleted. I guess this site prunes inactive accounts?)

I have a full backup to an internal SSD using CCC.

I'm currently on macOS 10.15.7.

I am on F9g BIOS. I see the warning to not use F9j, so I think this should be okay?

From https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...700k-amd-rx-580.267551/page-2729#post-2192096, I'm not using the Intel wireless stuff, I have the recommended Fenvi card. So I think I have all the things from that checklist, but just wanted to see if anything has changed since that post was last updated.

Hi, I'm looking to finally upgrade from catalina to big sur. I've done small updates, but haven't yet done a major version update, so I wanted to get a double check to make sure I'm not forgetting anything.

You’re well prepared to begin the in-place upgrade to Big Sur. As always, let us know if you run into any difficulties, but it should be a smooth process.

I just upgraded my build O.C 0.73 from Catalina 10.15.7 to latest BigSur 11.6, everything went really smooth , as expected, ( Thanks @CaseySJ as always!) but...

I've noticed that my TC electronics firewire audio interface stops working after coming back from sleep, have to reboot again in order to get it working, this never happened before in this build with Mojave and Catalina

Any clues?

Thanks a lot!

I just upgraded my build O.C 0.73 from Catalina 10.15.7 to latest BigSur 11.6, everything went really smooth , as expected, ( Thanks @CaseySJ as always!) but...

I've noticed that my TC electronics firewire audio interface stops working after coming back from sleep, have to reboot again in order to get it working, this never happened before in this build with Mojave and Catalina

Any clues?

Thanks a lot!
Please try disabling CpuTscSync.kext as shown below. I'll disable this by default next week with OpenCore 0.7.4.
Screen Shot 2021-10-03 at 10.28.59 AM.png

Back