Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

@CaseySJ

Again, no luck on the updates ssdt. I actually had a hunch its not the nvidia card at all and I was right. I pulled the nvidia card out and i just have intel build in igfx and the stock efi from hackindrom doesnt seem to work with this igfx on 390 designer. I tried the your new efi folder, the stock efi folder from hackindrom and also i tried to boot into catalina with the both efi and it doesnt work.

Has anyone actually tested the build in efi with intel gfx from hackindrom?

here are my screen shot for my system, maybe i missed a bios setting. This is wierd.
The iGPU works on my Z390 Designare using the EFI from HackinDROM App. The problem you're experiencing may be due to:
  • Video adapters -- are you using straight HDMI-to-HDMI cable or straight USB-C-to-DP cable (no adapters)?
  • What is the make/model of the monitor?
  • If monitor supports DP 1.1 and DP 1.2, please set it to the older DP 1.1.
  • Also try Factory Reset on the monitor, if the option is available from the monitor's on-board menu.

I'm wondering if the 16GB RAM limit with VTD in Big Sur has anything to do with M1 Macs having a max RAM configuration of 16GB. As if enabling VTD makes part of the system "read as M1" no matter the system configuration. It would be interesting to test with a single 32GB stick of RAM.
Single 32GB stick of RAM didn't work for me.

View attachment 523387

Anyone tried with System Product Name as Mac Pro ?

I'd try but my Z390 only has iGPU, so MacPro shouldn't work.

The iGPU works on my Z390 Designare using the EFI from HackinDROM App. The problem you're experiencing may be due to:
  • Video adapters -- are you using straight HDMI-to-HDMI cable or straight USB-C-to-DP cable (no adapters)?
  • What is the make/model of the monitor?
  • If monitor supports DP 1.1 and DP 1.2, please set it to the older DP 1.1.
  • Also try Factory Reset on the monitor, if the option is available from the monitor's on-board menu.
Hey I reset my monitor and reinstalled the EFI with HackinDROM, and it all work.

yeah!!!

A million thanks. I got a fully 390 working system with pt carbon, last case is that Thunderbolt on that Vision DP, but I'm sure I'll get that fix one day....:D

!!

It seems 95% of people look at System Information --> Thunderbolt and panic when they see "No drivers are loaded". :) It's been mentioned in Post 1 (yes I know that's a long post) that we must ignore this.

Instead, simply connect a Thunderbolt device. Does it work?
Thanks for the reply. I'm aware of the "no drivers" thing which is why I didn't notice it when I originally re did the OS. I plugged in my backup drive the other day, and it powers up but no disk mounts. I don't see it as unmounted either.

Thanks for the reply. I'm aware of the "no drivers" thing which is why I didn't notice it when I originally re did the OS. I plugged in my backup drive the other day, and it powers up but no disk mounts. I don't see it as unmounted either.
What is the make/model of the drive? Did it work previously on this machine?

** MacOS Monterey Public Beta 1 **

And so it begins...again. :)

Screen Shot 2021-07-01 at 11.14.09 AM.png

Last edited:
Beware that some updated kexts are needed/recommended that support Monterey. They can be downloaded from HERE. That link goes directly to the WhateverGreen one but the others are available from the dropdown list (top left).

Download the top Release one, which is the latest build.

Accidentally updated to OC 0.7.0 from OC 0.6.9 and now I get this error. Any ideas?

Either update your config.plist to support OC 0.7.0 or downgrade back to OC 0.6.9.

If you open your config.plist in Opencore Configurator, it will add/remove the necessary bits for you.

Back