Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

HI @CaseySJ. I followed your guide and was successful in installing firmware on my GC Titan Ridge. I have a UAD Apollo and satellite DSP card. When I plug both into the computer, only one would power on but both will show in in Thunderbolt bus. Please see pics. Please help. thanks,

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-12-20 at 11.28.08 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-12-20 at 11.28.08 AM.png
    522 KB · Views: 39
  • Screen Shot 2020-12-20 at 11.21.08 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-12-20 at 11.21.08 AM.png
    610 KB · Views: 48
  • Screen Shot 2020-12-20 at 11.26.09 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-12-20 at 11.26.09 AM.png
    478.9 KB · Views: 46
  • Screen Shot 2020-12-20 at 11.26.44 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-12-20 at 11.26.44 AM.png
    809.9 KB · Views: 46
  • Screen Shot 2020-12-20 at 11.28.08 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-12-20 at 11.28.08 AM.png
    522 KB · Views: 42
  • Screen Shot 2020-12-20 at 11.28.28 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-12-20 at 11.28.28 AM.png
    530.7 KB · Views: 43
  • SSDT-TB3HP.aml
    6.3 KB · Views: 43
  • Oston’s iMac Pro.ioreg
    8.7 MB · Views: 46
Please add the attached SSDT to your config.plist and reboot. Then post the IOReg file once again (IORegistryExplorer --> File --> Save As...). The Thunderbolt DROM in this file is from the Z490 Vision D, but it should be okay on the TRX40 AORUS Xtreme. Ideally we should use the actual DROM, which can be obtained through Linux:
Same problem UAD control panel is saying no Devices found.

Here is my new Ioreg file now that I've implemented your SSDT and got the new TB2 to TB3 adaptor.

I've connected the UAD to TB port 1... and it appears that the Titan Ridge is in the third PCIE port.

Attachments

• iMac Pro.ioreg
    26.8 MB · Views: 51
And the System DSDT again if you need it.

Attachments

• System DSDT.aml
    59.3 KB · Views: 39
Hi @CaseySJ. The problem is the UPS power demon mistakes the Corsair Commander Pro as a UPS Irrespective of whether the USB port HS11/12 is mapped as internal 255 or deleted.
As to why this demon or its parent process is matching only Apple knows. It’s obviously not matching against manufacturers and device ids!
See my original thread here for further info.
Did you ever find a similar fix for Big Sur?

Getting Read/Write access to System files is not a simple task.

I decided to overclock my system and to make it as stable as possible with minimum setting changes. I feel I still have margin left to push it, but this is good enough for me. Let me just share my settings and results, perhaps you want to use it yourself. Fyi; the settings in my screenshots deviate from the standard BIOS settings, due to the hackintosh setting-requirements in combination with Windows 10.

Basic system info:
- Z390 Designare + i7-9700K
- Cooler Master ML360R for cooling CPU
- Overclocked from 3.6Ghz to 5.0Ghz
- Using the latest BIOS update (F9i)
- Stable on both MacOS Big Sur and Windows 10 (dual boot system). Tested for days in a row with extensive usage (Gaming, Cinebenching, Photoshop, Extracting many and large files).
- Stable temperatures

Some basic settings, but you can still look at the attached BIOS screenshots for further details:
- CPU Base Clock: 100Mhz
- Extreme Memory Profile (XMP): Profile 1
- CPU Vcore: 1.370V (instead of standard 1.200V)
- Active Turbo Ratios: Enabled, and set every core on 50 (50 times 100Mhz CPU Base Clock = 5000Mhz).
- C-States Control: Enable (disable all options there)

View attachment 501637
m8, 1.37 is too high voltage. If you want to have stable spec for long time you need to lower it. Your cpu will degraded after some time. You can read about it on ****** or overclockers

Can you try this please:
Change disk name from Disk Utility
shutdown the PC
Then make a cold boot
This did not work for me. I even tried erasing my backup volume and giving it a new name, but I found instructions on going into recovery and editing the contents of a disk label file...

Post in thread 'Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580' https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...olt-3-i5-10400-amd-rx-580.298642/post-2170676

This did work!

Now I just need to add the Fractal Design R6 SSDT to OpenCore and see if that fixes the new problem... Plugging into the front panel USB ports causes Big Sur to crash (randomly, not always... Usually after not using them for a while). The screen blacks out then it freezes (ssh remains active for minute or two). In Apple console I see a logged entry for mds_stores...

EDIT:
So this will actually happen just if the USB metal parts contact, not even a full plug in... I wouldn't think it could be static electricity?!? I never had the problem prior to OpenCore though.

Last edited:
m8, 1.37 is too high voltage. If you want to have stable spec for long time you need to lower it. Your cpu will degraded after some time. You can read about it on ****** or overclockers

What do you recommend? I've seen people choosing this voltage.

@CaseySJ
When I cold boot with your SSDT for Asus Prime X299 Deluxe II, I can get USB-C and Thunderbolt recognized with Thunderbolt Bus active. But my WiFi won't transmit any data.
Full Thunderbolt.png

On the other hand, when I warm boot (restart) the registry is completely empty. Nothing shows up under RP05 at all. WiFi is restored. At this point, unless changing these Antelope Audio Thunderbolt driver to older versions works, I'm gonna switch to an Apollo. I've been at this for 3 months with only incremental progress, all thanks to the brilliance and persistence of this incredible community.

I have several Raspberry Pi's, but until @qthegaijin or someone else confirms that it'll get the Antelope recognized, I'll stay out of the firmware flashing zone. Too much hardware at risk.

Thunderbolt will actually work right out of the box!
  • Hot plug requires a simple SSDT. No flashing is needed.
  • Thunderbolt Bus activation is optional. Most Thunderbolt devices will work without Thunderbolt Bus being activated. We have created this post to help you determine whether Thunderbolt Bus needs to be activated (see Quick Reference spoiler at the top of Post #1):
View attachment 501703

@CaseySJ thank you very much for the time you devoted to me! the community would be lost without your help :lol::crazy::thumbup:

Back