Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Hello @CaseySJ without going through thousands of posts. I have a GC-Titan Ridge card, and I have Opencore 0.6.4 (the latest) dual booting with Windows 10 x64..... The GC Titan Ridge is not showing up. I have not done anything yet and I don't believe I have any Thunderbolt Kexts or SSDTs. Can you tell me the steps I need to do to get Thunderbolt working on my Hackintosh? All I need Thunderbolt for is my UAD Apollo Twin Audio Interface.

@CaseySJ What do I need to do / find out. Do I need to update the Titan Ridge's driver and then firmware within Windows first? And then do I need to do something within Windows? And then use https://hackindrom.zapto.org to generate something? Any help / tips would be greatly appreciated. P.S I have the Aorus TRX40 Xtreme Mobo with the TB headers, everything is connected... I believe my card is in PCIE slot 4... if not I can change it to that if need be.

This is my .ioreg file

Attachments

• IMac Pro.ioreg
    26.1 MB · Views: 40
@CaseySJ What do I need to do / find out. Do I need to update the Titan Ridge's driver and then firmware within Windows first? And then do I need to do something within Windows? And then use https://hackindrom.zapto.org to generate something? Any help / tips would be greatly appreciated. P.S I have the Aorus TRX40 Xtreme Mobo with the TB headers, everything is connected... I believe my card is in PCIE slot 4... if not I can change it to that if need be.
According to IOReg, the GC-Titan Ridge card is indeed activated. It's connected to SOD2.D2B0 as shown:

Screen Shot 2020-12-19 at 11.34.55 AM.png

The UAD audio interface should work when connected before booting. Hot Plug, however, requires an SSDT. If you post your System DSDT (from MaciASL), I can provide an SSDT for you to try.

Interesting. On a cold boot when the screen is blank, what happens if you:
  • Turn off the monitor, then turn it on again?
  • Turn off the monitor and unplug it from the wall, then turn it back on?
I tried both and neither did anything, though I was still able to type in my password and login successfully.

Will look into this shortly. Just got back from the gym — they’ve moved the equipment outdoors and erected a tent over it. So nice to get the blood flowing!
Lucky u !here all gyms have been closed for more than 2 months and we don't know when they will reopen :cry:

Please try the attached MOD-1.
Thanks @CaseySJ !

I think u already sent me the MOD-1 and MOD-2 and unfortunately both gives the same results ! thunderbolt controllers disappeared from IORestry and nothing shown in "about this Mac" thunderbolt section.

please find as an attachment the previous MOD-1 and MOD-2.

thanks.

Attachments

• INTEL-QUARTZ-CANYON-TB3-BASES-ON-CASEYSJ-MOD-1.bin.zip
    216.1 KB · Views: 33
  • INTEL-QUARTZ-CANYON-TB3-BASES-ON-CASEYSJ-MOD-2.bin.zip
    216 KB · Views: 33
Thanks @CaseySJ !

I think u already sent me the MOD-1 and MOD-2 and unfortunately both gives the same results ! thunderbolt controllers disappeared from IORestry and nothing shown in "about this Mac" thunderbolt section.

please find as an attachment the previous MOD-1 and MOD-2.

thanks.
Unfortunately there’s nothing more I can do with this firmware. You may try the one for Designare Z390.

Unfortunately there’s nothing more I can do with this firmware. You may try the one for Designare Z390.

Thanks for your help @CaseySJ

BTW, I'm trying to test the two thunderbolt connectors (USB-C) using :
  • Startech TBT3toTBT adapter,
  • ThunderBolt Pegasus from Promise Technology,
  • No-flashed (Original) firmware.
And I'm lil bit surprised cause the Pegasus is well recognized by the Hackintosh and that whatever in cold and hot plug modes ! can transfer files from/to it?

am i supposed to understand that my thunderbolt is working fine even if the thunderbolt section of "about my Mac" remains empty ?

I could not do these tests before since I didnt have the materiel for.

Attachments

• aboutThisMac_PrintScreen.png
    aboutThisMac_PrintScreen.png
    84 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
According to IOReg, the GC-Titan Ridge card is indeed activated. It's connected to SOD2.D2B0 as shown:

View attachment 501684

The UAD audio interface should work when connected before booting. Hot Plug, however, requires an SSDT. If you post your System DSDT (from MaciASL), I can provide an SSDT for you to try.

Attachments

• System DSDT.aml
    59.3 KB · Views: 30
Back