Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Will UAD box work?

If you run IORegistryExplorer and scroll (not search) down to RP21 you should see device names such as:
  • UPSB
  • DSB0
  • NHI0
  • DSB1
  • DSB2
  • DSB4
As we can see in the screenshot, these names do not appear. Additionally, IOThunderboltPort@5 is empty. This means the Thunderbolt SSDT is not loaded and hence no hot-plug, and certain devices such as external drives and NAS units will not work. Certain Thunderbolt monitors will also not work. The system log might indicate why:
Code:
log show --last boot | grep ACPI | head -500 > ~/Documents/bootlog.txt

These are some of the requirements for enabling Sidecar:
  • SMBIOS iMac19,1 (although there are workarounds for other system definitions)
  • BIOS --> Internal Graphics --> Enabled (not Auto)
  • Platform ID set to either 0x3E980003 (headless) or 0x3E9B0007. Headless is recommended. This can be determined by running Hackintool and looking that the front page.
  • Logged in to same iCloud account on both the Hackintosh and iPad.
Thanks CaseySJ, the Internal Graphic was Auto, maybe when I update Firmware I forgot to change it. Now It's ok. Thank you so much!

@CaseySJ
Sometime after Wake from sleep Fenvi isn't available anymore (I guess?) so I must restart the PC from the button.
IMG_1180.jpeg

Any idea how I can fix this ?

I've been following this thread pretty attentively since its inception and I don't think I've seen a mention about getting the red USB Type-A ports running at their 3.1 gen 2 speeds of 10Gbps as reported by Gigabyte's documentation of the Z390 Designare. I'm just curious about whether or not this is even possible as I was fairly certain that 10Gbps was relegated to Type-C USB ports on real Macs until I noticed yesterday that Everymac.com reports that the 2018 Mac mini has 3.1 gen 2 Type-A ports.
I've tested the USB-A ports of the Mac mini 2018. They are USB 3.0 (5 Gbps). Apple says so in the tech specs.

There are some USB-A ports that support 10 Gbps. If the ports are controlled by an ASMedia ASM1142 then it may incorrectly report a 5 Gbps connection even though the connection is actually 10 Gbps.

Finding devices and accessories that use Type-A 3.1 gen 2 seems to be the most difficult thing to do.
USB to NVMe enclosures are what I use. They are 10 Gbps devices.

Yes, that strange name partition is still there in the Bios, but since you said it shouldn't make any problem I'm fine with that.
For Windows, try using EasyUEFI.exe to edit the boot options?
For Linux, use the efibootmgr command.
For macOS, you can try the setbootvar and setbootorder commands from my gfxutil.sh script.

To determine the Root Port name, we can simply download and run IORegistryExplorer. Then select File --> Save As... and post the saved file.
Hi @CaseySJ, I think you may have forgotten me but I think I may have figured it out. Does this look right?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-10-24 at 9.07.02 PM.jpeg
    Screen Shot 2020-10-24 at 9.07.02 PM.jpeg
    379.4 KB · Views: 62
Hi @CaseySJ

I flashed my Alpine-Ridge with modified firmware.With the SSDT in #16293 I can see Thunderbolt info in System information and also see my Blackmagic recorder. But I can't use the recorder. I can't boot with the SSDT generated by the web GUI method. Seems like my 'port' setup needs some attention.

So here is my DSDT and ioregistry (using the SSDT in #16293), could you take a look? Thank you!

Hey there. It may sound obvious, but have you checked System Preferences | Security and Privacy | General to see if the BMD application has been blocked?

Big Sur Public Beta latest
i have Big problems with YouTube on Safari
have you noticed this too?
no problem on Chrome
Capture d’écran 2020-10-25 à 11.05.35.png

@CaseySJ
Sometime after Wake from sleep Fenvi isn't available anymore (I guess?) so I must restart the PC from the button.View attachment 493123

Any idea how I can fix this ?
Some questions:
  • Are you using Fenvi, YOUBO, or another model?
  • Because Fenvi is a WiFi and Bluetooth card, do you lose both WiFi and Bluetooth after wake-from-sleep?
  • Which version of macOS is this happening on? If you have Big Sur installed, does it happen there as well?
  • How frequently does it happen? Every time the system wakes up? 1 out of 5 times? 1 out of 10 times?
  • Does it happen more frequently after you boot into Windows then boot back into macOS? (Assuming that Fenvi drivers are installed in Windows.)

Back