Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Some suggestions:
  • Try the suggestions in this post.
  • Check your shikigva value in Boot Arguments. What value are you using?
  • Check your SMBIOS name. Are you using iMac19,1 or iMacPro1,1?
I tried the post, iPad, iPhone, iWatch... computer turned on and off, but without success
shikigva is 80
SMBIOS name iMac19,1

This is not a solution. Please run IORegistryExplorer and search for "Thunderbolt", then post a screenshot.
Maybe NVRAM reset is needed after changing TB SSDT?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-10-24 at 12.12.37 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-10-24 at 12.12.37 PM.png
    191.7 KB · Views: 57
We need to search for RP05 and replace it with RP21. If unsure how to do this, simply post your Thunderbolt SSDT and I can modify it for you.

I did and this is the SSDT I use.

We need to search for RP05 and replace it with RP21. If unsure how to do this, simply post your Thunderbolt SSDT and I can modify it for you.

Attachments

• SSDT-TBOLT3-RP21-PORT7-GC-ALPINE-RIDGE.aml
    2.1 KB · Views: 46
I did and this is the SSDT I use.
The SSDT looks correct. For some reason the Thunderbolt SSDT is not loading, so perhaps you are missing SSDT-DTPG.aml?

Yes, but nothing to do, always black screen, I can only see the sidebar, and on arrangement I can see it
These are some of the requirements for enabling Sidecar:
  • SMBIOS iMac19,1 (although there are workarounds for other system definitions)
  • BIOS --> Internal Graphics --> Enabled (not Auto)
  • Platform ID set to either 0x3E980003 (headless) or 0x3E9B0007. Headless is recommended. This can be determined by running Hackintool and looking that the front page.
  • Logged in to same iCloud account on both the Hackintosh and iPad.

I add SSDT-DTPG but still the same behavior...
If you run IORegistryExplorer and scroll (not search) down to RP21 you should see device names such as:
  • UPSB
  • DSB0
  • NHI0
  • DSB1
  • DSB2
  • DSB4
As we can see in the screenshot, these names do not appear. Additionally, IOThunderboltPort@5 is empty. This means the Thunderbolt SSDT is not loaded and hence no hot-plug, and certain devices such as external drives and NAS units will not work. Certain Thunderbolt monitors will also not work. The system log might indicate why:
Code:
log show --last boot | grep ACPI | head -500 > ~/Documents/bootlog.txt
Screen Shot 2020-10-24 at 8.42.47 AM.png

Back