Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Unfortunately, no change.

Boot log shows that Thunderbolt SSDT and SSDT-DTPG are both loading, but IOReg shows that they are not having any effect.

Please run this command and post the output file Documents/bootlog.txt:
Code:
log show --last boot | head -750 > ~/Documents/bootlog.txt

Attachments

• bootlog.txt
    112.3 KB · Views: 41
<bootlog>
Please post your System DSDT:
  • MaciASL --> File --> New from ACPI --> DSDT
  • Then File --> Save As...
Screen Shot 2020-10-25 at 1.25.43 PM.png

I'm now using @CaseySJ his pre-made OC EFI and it works perfectly fine.

I have a small glitch though; when booting via OpenCore and when selecting Windows, it very often doesn't recognize my keyboard. So, when bitlocker asks for the password I can't enter anything. When directly select the Windows drive (from BIOS screen) the keyboard works instantly.

Do you gents know a solution to this?

I'm now using @CaseySJ his pre-made OC EFI and it works perfectly fine.

I have a small glitch though; when booting via OpenCore and when selecting Windows, it very often doesn't recognize my keyboard. So, when bitlocker asks for the password I can't enter anything. When directly select the Windows drive (from BIOS screen) the keyboard works instantly.

Do you gents know a solution to this?
I use an Apple keyboard with Windows 10, but I avoid using the 10-key pad as any part of the password setup because the Windows login prompt doesn't recognize (some or most) of that keyboard.

Good job in extracting the Thunderbolt firmware. This seems to be an Alpine Ridge chip. Please try the attached modified firmware.

After flashing is done, please post the following files in order to create a proper Thunderbolt hot-plug SSDT:
  • IORegistryExplorer --> File --> Save As... then post the saved file. IORegistryExplorer can be downloaded from here.
  • Your System DSDT. Simply download and run MaciASL then select File --> New from ACPI --> DSDT. Then save that file and post.
Thank you @CaseySJ for the DROM mod.
I've flashed the mod and attached the files you requested.
As info - I'm using Clover with DSDT/SSDT Hotpatch method. If needed I can upload the full Debug data.

Attachments

• Post_TB3_Mod_Files.zip
    7.7 MB · Views: 60
Remind me please: what is the problem we’re trying to solve?

If it’s USB 2.0 ports on rear IO panel, please post the USB SSDT that you’re using.

Also type this in Terminal:
Code:
sudo kextcache -i /Library/Extensions
sudo kextcache -i /System/Library/Extensions
Then reboot and check USB 2 ports again.
Still no luck after terminal lines. Here is the ssdt

Attachments

• SSDT-UIAC-DESIGNARE-Z390-V7.aml
    846 bytes · Views: 42
Back