Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

In the OpenCore guides in this thread for Designare will this work for a completely fresh install of Catalina and Opencore? Without the need to port across anything from my Clover install? New serial numbers etc.

It may be naive of me, but as I don't know what is causing Logic Pro to not function, I would think it best to start from scratch..
Sure, the third bullet in the Quick Reference spoiler can be used for clean installation. We can generate new serial numbers inside OpenCore Configurator or even copy-paste them from existing config.plist. It would be better to copy-paste them.

Hi, @CaseySJ this is a nice work! I have Alienware m15 R1 with JPL6340 chip. I've tried you method to enable the Thunderbolt bus to flash the ROM. However, I still not seeing the bus info on the System Profiler. Do you know what might go wrong?

Hello @shiecldk,

When you say you flashed the Thunderbolt ROM, which firmware file did you use? Or did you extract the firmware and modify it yourself?

What is the name/model of your NVMe SSD? Please disable NVMeFix.kext from OpenCore Configurator—> Kernel, and try booting macOS again.
It is a WD Black SN750 500Gb - has been working fine via Clover since day 1.

What is the name/model of your NVMe SSD? Please disable NVMeFix.kext from OpenCore Configurator—> Kernel, and try booting macOS again.
So i disabled the NVMeFix.kext and now it stops at:

file: /BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/IONVMeFamily/IONVMeFamily-

So i disabled the NVMeFix.kext and now it stops at:

file: /BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/IONVMeFamily/IONVMeFamily-
Are you running Mojave? If so, also disable USBWakeFixup.kext.

No - running Catalina 10.15.1
At the OpenCore Picker, press spacebar and then choose “Reset NVRAM”. When system reboots, try booting Catalina again. Does it boot up?

At the OpenCore Picker, press spacebar and then choose “Reset NVRAM”. When system reboots, try booting Catalina again. Does it boot up?
I have reset the NVRAM at the OpenCore picker multiple times now and still doesn't fix it. Should I try the OC 0.6.1 mini guide instead?

Sure, the third bullet in the Quick Reference spoiler can be used for clean installation. We can generate new serial numbers inside OpenCore Configurator or even copy-paste them from existing config.plist. It would be better to copy-paste them.
I am thinking to generate new serial numbers, as I was wondering if this may be a reason that Logic is not working on my system.

If I am installing Catalina as a fresh install on to an NVMe drive that has an existing Mojave/Clover installation (after backing up the Mojave/Clover drive) rather than switching from Clover to OpenCore.

Do I need to configure anything with the Mojave/Clover install before installation, or not as I will be wiping this drive when installing Catalina?

I am thinking to generate new serial numbers, as I was wondering if this may be a reason that Logic is not working on my system.

If I am installing Catalina as a fresh install on to an NVMe drive that has an existing Mojave/Clover installation (after backing up the Mojave/Clover drive) rather than switching from Clover to OpenCore.

Do I need to configure anything with the Mojave/Clover install before installation, or not as I will be wiping this drive when installing Catalina?
If you generate new serial numbers, be sure to log out of iCloud first.

Back