Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

@CaseySJ Hi Casey, question on the pre-made efi by you (thanks for that, it works perfect); with my prevous efi (which had some flaws..), I had the option in the OC picker to reset the nvram (I saw an icon, see attached printscreen I made a while back, the most right-sided icon). Is it possible to get that back?

Cheers.

EDIT: my bad, it seems that pressing Space provides the options. Case closed :)

Attachments

• canvas.png
    canvas.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 77
Last edited:
@CaseySJ Hi Casey, thank you for collecting all the different thunderbolt bins and for writing good guides.
I have an Razer Blade Base 2020 with an JHL7540, the current firmware version is on 56 and i want to ask you, if you could patch my original firmware?

It seem to be an GD25Q80(B) installed,

Attachments

• GD25Q80_B_15E8_NVM56.zip
    230.6 KB · Views: 55
  • ApplicationFrameHost_D5gBBD7UQZ.png
    ApplicationFrameHost_D5gBBD7UQZ.png
    18.2 KB · Views: 53
  • putty_0lGrxES7Ux.png
    putty_0lGrxES7Ux.png
    11.7 KB · Views: 53
@CaseySJ Hi Casey, thank you for collecting all the different thunderbolt bins and for writing good guides.
I have an Razer Blade Base 2020 with an JHL7540, the current firmware version is on 56 and i want to ask you, if you could patch my original firmware?

It seem to be an GD25Q80(B) installed,
Hello @DJ_Mic,

Attached file Razer Blade 15 TB3 Firmware.zip contains two versions of the modified firmware, called MOD-1 and MOD-2. Please try MOD-1 first and see what works and what does not. Then try MOD-2 only if necessary.

It is also necessary to use a Thunderbolt SSDT. This can be done by following the procedure below using the wonderful HackinDROM by @Inqnuam:

Screen Shot 2020-10-19 at 8.13.26 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-10-19 at 8.13.48 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-10-19 at 8.14.07 AM.png
When the SSDT is downloaded (it will appear in the Downloads folder) copy it to your CLOVER/ACPI/Patched or OpenCore OC/ACPI folder. Also copy the attached SSDT-DTPG.aml into the same folder.

If using OpenCore, be sure to add both SSDT references into config.plist. Then perform a cold boot (shutdown the system and flip power switch on PSU to OFF for 10 seconds).

UPDATE: It is necessary to change the PCI path. The SSDT assumes Thunderbolt is on RP05, which may not be correct.

Attachments

• Razer Blade 15 TB3 Firmware.zip
    463.3 KB · Views: 45
  • SSDT-DTPG.aml
    100 bytes · Views: 56
Last edited:
At the OpenCore Picker, press spacebar and then choose “Reset NVRAM”. When system reboots, try booting Catalina again. Does it boot up?
Hi @CaseySJ - so i have spent the past couple of hours trying this again. Rebuilt my OC Flash drive on 0.6.2 again from scratch, MB Flashed to latest F9i, reset NVRAM multiple times but I still get stuck at the boot logo. I used the v2 of 0.6.2 from the mini guide.

Hello @shiecldk,

When you say you flashed the Thunderbolt ROM, which firmware file did you use? Or did you extract the firmware and modify it yourself?
I extracted the Thunderbolt ROM with SPI programmer as tbdump.rom and flash it with SPI with tbmod.rom. I modify the rom both myself and with ThunderboltUtil but neither work.

Hi @CaseySJ - so i have spent the past couple of hours trying this again. Rebuilt my OC Flash drive on 0.6.2 again from scratch, MB Flashed to latest F9i, reset NVRAM multiple times but I still get stuck at the boot logo. I used the v2 of 0.6.2 from the mini guide.
Are you also disabling CFG-Lock from the BOOT section of BIOS?

Are you also disabling CFG-Lock from the BOOT section of BIOS?
Yes - first thing I did after flashing the BIOS. I dont think I have missed a step at all. Still booting in Clover fine, just cant get it past this stuck apple logo on the boot in OC.

Yes - first thing I did after flashing the BIOS. I dont think I have missed a step at all. Still booting in Clover fine, just cant get it past this stuck apple logo on the boot in OC.
Please compress and post your OC folder, but remove Serial Number, MLB, System UUID from PlatformInfo before posting.

Attachments

• EFI Folder.zip
    3.9 MB · Views: 45
Back