Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Code:
[losinka@imac]:~/Downloads/ThunderboltDROMUtil/Scripts$ sh ./ThunderboltUtil.sh
./ThunderboltUtil.sh: line 359: syntax error near unexpected token `else'
./ThunderboltUtil.sh: line 359: `            else'
[losinka@imac]:~/Downloads/ThunderboltDROMUtil/Scripts$
I informed @joevt of this issue earlier today; it may be due to use of bash instead of zsh. He may post a revised version. The script is also not used directly so I'll create a mini-guide.

Very very very exciting, things are looking promising right now, but it's most certainly too early to tell. Will def keep you guys updated over the next couple weeks.
Sounds good. As you pointed out, only time will tell...

Just to throw another idea: on my actual builds, I use FakePCCID.kext in conjunction with FakePCIID_XHCI_Mux.kext to deport the USB2 devices on EH01 and EH02. The USB3 devices are on XHC. I also use a custom USB map to prevent having more than 15 ports.

I think that "physically", all the devices are on the Intel USB3 controller (someone could confirm, Z97?) but they aren't using the same Apple kext (driver).

Is this anymore possible with the Z390 chipset?

Patrice

Just to throw another idea: on my actual builds, I use FakePCCID.kext in conjunction with FakePCIID_XHCI_Mux.kext to deport the USB2 devices on EH01 and EH02. The USB3 devices are on XHC. I also use a custom USB map to prevent having more than 15 ports.

I think that "physically", all the devices are on the Intel USB3 controller (someone could confirm, Z97?) but they aren't using the same Apple kext (driver).

Is this anymore possible with the Z390 chipset?

Patrice
Skylake and higher haven't EHC controllers on PCH.

Skylake and higher haven't EHC controllers on PCH.
Oh well... Yes, I should have searched before posting:

The script is also not used directly so I'll create a mini-guide.
Thank you, I'll be waiting for a guide!

Other question... Do you have any news about decoding of "ThunderboltConfig"? I saw many different ThunderboltConfig's and I don't know which is the right one. All that I know - the first byte of ThunderboltConfig must be same as the second byte from DROM (bus id)... that's all :(
At what offset in firmware can I find ThunderboltConfig?

Last edited:
We were never able to get stable Thunderbolt behavior with just an SSDT on the NUC 8.
HI @weachy and @CaseySJ

Not using just SSDT, but with the help of CaseySJ I successfully flashed one of my NUC8 and it works perfectly well... UNTIL it sleeps, after that the functionality is missing and I need to shutdown and disconnect the power cable in order to Thunderbolt work again, I don't know if any advance can be done to fix that.

Saludos

Code:
[losinka@imac]:~/Downloads/ThunderboltDROMUtil/Scripts$ sh ./ThunderboltUtil.sh
./ThunderboltUtil.sh: line 359: syntax error near unexpected token `else'
./ThunderboltUtil.sh: line 359: `            else'
[losinka@imac]:~/Downloads/ThunderboltDROMUtil/Scripts$
The script has only been tested with zsh. I need to add a !# to the top of the script to force zsh. If you have a Terminal.app that defaults to bash (the default in older macOS versions), then you can probably just type zsh to start a zsh terminal session.

The script does nothing if you run it directly like that. Load the script using source ThunderboltUtil.sh. This loads the DROM commands into the current terminal session. Then you use the DROM commands in the terminal. This saves me from having to make a menu and you can use the commands in a script (see the included BBEdit worksheet for examples).

I can use https://www.shellcheck.net to fix bash compatibility and other possible issues. I'll post the script to GitHub after testing the changes.

The script has only been tested with zsh. I need to add a !# to the top of the script to force zsh. If you have a Terminal.app that defaults to bash (the default in older macOS versions), then you can probably just type zsh to start a zsh terminal session.

The script does nothing if you run it directly like that. Load the script using source ThunderboltUtil.sh. This loads the DROM commands into the current terminal session. Then you use the DROM commands in the terminal. This saves me from having to make a menu and you can use the commands in a script (see the included BBEdit worksheet for examples).

I can use https://www.shellcheck.net to fix bash compatibility and other possible issues. I'll post the script to GitHub after testing the changes.
@joevt @losinka

After looking at the list of operations specified in ThunderboltUtil.worksheet I have a better idea how to use this.

Turns out there is no error in ThunderboltUtil.sh. The script itself is fine.

We start by typing source ThunderboltUtil.sh, which has the effect of adding a number of DROM-related commands to the shell. There are a handful of these commands, which are displayed with dromhelp.

However, ThunderboltUtil.worksheet is somewhat of a README so it should be read first.
Code:
casey@iMac ~ % dromhelp

Commands:
    Get DROM
        loadioreg
        loadstring hexstring [sourcename]
        loadfwfile filepath...
        loadamlfile filepath...
        loaddslfile filepath...
        loadioregfile filepath...
        loadhexfile filepath # for reverses xxd
        listdroms
        cleardroms

Use DROM
        usedromnum numberfromlist
        usedromstring lowercasehexstring

Modify DROM
        repairchecksums
        replacebytes bytepos lowercasehexstring [numbytestoreplace]
        setuid newuid
        setport 0xportnumber portcontents [-]
        deleteport 0xportnumber
        setstring 0xstringnumber stringvalue
        deletestring 0xstringnumber

Files from DROM
        dumpdrom
        makedromdsl
        makedromdslall [folderpath]
        dumpdromall
        dumpdromalltofiles [folderpath]

Misc
        extractfwfromexe exepath... # $(grep -l --include '*.exe' -R 'DROM' . )

Variables
        dodump # Set to 1 to dump the DROM while changes are made to the DROM.
        debug # Set to 1 to output debugging info (uses stderr)
        DROMPorts # An array of Thunderbolt ports that are used in the DROM. Save these using something like saveDROMPorts=($DROMPorts) before modifying the DROM.

Help
        dromhelp

Guys, I had the perfect Hackintosh after 8 months of hard work.
My Magic Mouse was so lagy that I decided to update /kext/other kexts and replaced the SSDT-EC.aml at the /acpi patched. I copied the files from /kext/other to /Library/Extensions thinking to update for the newer versions.
Now I got this:
IMG_8593.jpeg

I know you guys are busy but Im a hard worker, please just give me options to restore or have some directions.
I tried -x
I tried -f UseKernelCache=No

I appreciate all help you guys can give.
Thanks
Fab

Back