Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Anyone interested in a Firmware which can Hotplug even without an SSDT ? @CaseySJ @Elias64Fr

MacPro7,1 Firmware is the future !!! It has also some side effects like only one Thunderbolt Port works at the moment but come on guys, even without an SSDT ?!

View attachment 456074

View attachment 456076
Are you sure it hot-plugs without SSDT? We are using SSDT mainly to enable hot-plug.
What is the difference with previously posted without any SSDT ;) Here and Here for Hotplug ?

Last edited:
Affirmative. I run f9b, no problem configurating TB. Strange. On Z390 Designare V1.
Thkx i bought a new one on amazon and i return to amazon my old

I take you news soon i hope without virus :)

@CaseySJ
Here's another Alpine Ridge patched firmware to add to the collection. It's for an Intel NUC Hades Canyon (model NUC8i7NHK), and the active partition has been entirely replaced with that from the latest iMac18,3 firmware apart from the DROM section and 4 bytes in the ARC_PARM section at offset 0x471c which are a pointer to the TI firmware. Maybe this same principle could be applied to other firmwares...Attached is a massively simplified SSDT. What works:
Cold boot for Tbt and USB-C
Warm boot for Tbt and USB-C
Tbt and USB-C hotplug
Target disk mode for a connected MacBookPro
I can't test thunderbolt networking but a port with a self-assigned IP shows up in Sys Prefs/Networking.
Credit is definitely due to Osy86 for all his great work on this NUC and with patching thunderbolt, I've just tried to refine it further as I'm not keen on adding ACPI code that isn't already in place. I have used his ThunderboltDROM device property as it seems to work perfectly.
I hope this benefits others...
Thank you -- Repository has been updated.

As soon as I try to add the ThunderboltDROM I had from @CaseySJ no USB Devices will be mounted at all.
And also an Audio Interface (Slate Digital VRS8) which I never have seen working on a Hackintosh which does if no SSDT is applied.
I bought an MacMini8,1 just because it never worked on any of my Hackintosh builds in the past.

Just a guess but I think the Firmware/ThunderboltDROM/ThunderboltConfig have to match the SMBios otherwise it will not work correctly.

And no I didn't tried to write the ThunderboltDROM to the Firmware itself.

If you guys want I can provide it to you as it is in the moment. @CaseySJ @Elias64Fr

@S1lla,

Sure, feel free to (compress) and post the firmware, but please give it a suitable name such as:

GC-Titan-Ridge-MP71-S1LLA-Fw.bin

I am using SMBIOS for imacpro1,1, and I have IGPU enabled in bios (a frankenhack configuration). neither the motherboard HDMI nor the Alpine Ridge HDMI have an output. do I need to set up a headless configuration?
if so, I referred to the mini-guide in post 4,854. it was created in Hackintool v2.5.9. the current version, 3.3.1, has a somewhat different layout on the Patch tab.
refer to attached screen shots.
in the patch--info tab I set the framebuffer. in the patch--patch tab, when I click Generate Patch, you see the resulting patch is devoid of necessary information. I clearly am doing something wrong.

OR--do I need to switch to imac19,1, with IGPU enabled?

thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-03-21 at 3.23.37 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-03-21 at 3.23.37 PM.png
    107.8 KB · Views: 96
  • Screen Shot 2020-03-21 at 3.23.08 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-03-21 at 3.23.08 PM.png
    106.2 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
In general we should not install "foreign" firmware.
  • This means we should not take the firmware from Device/Model X and install it into Device/Model Y.
  • Instead, we should extract the firmware from Device/Model X, make changes to it, and flash it back.
If you can extract and post the Thunderbolt firmware from your motherboard, we can take a look at it for you.
You are right. Now I dumped the Winbond near to 6540 chip (attached) and hope, that you could to patch this. For future tests I desolder the chip and solder it on a small dip board, so I'll access to chip without disassemble of all.
IMG_0514.jpg

Attachments

• TB_Z170x-UD5_TH_AlpineRidge_on_board_Dump.zip
    271.4 KB · Views: 78
Back