Screen Shot 2020-02-29 at 11.54.35 AM.png
    623.9 KB · Views: 94
  • Screen Shot 2020-02-29 at 11.54.46 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-02-29 at 11.54.46 AM.png
    444.5 KB · Views: 97
  • bios info.zip
    4.5 MB · Views: 84
Last edited:
We'll issue a call for volunteers who are willing to beta test the firmware patch. This should happen soon. Testers will need to have at least one real Thunderbolt 3 device (not USB-C or Thunderbolt 2 or Thunderbolt 1) and the discipline to carry out a brief test plan.
Really excited reading all progress on enabling full internal TB3 functionality!

Does my TB3 to TB2/TB adapter cable (model: apple a1790) connected to a 2015 retina MBP (TB2) qualify for these TB3 tests with new onboard TB3 FW (via [email protected]) + SSDT ?

Also, I'm on Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Xtreme where the internal TB3 ACPI appears under RP01...

Really excited reading all progress on enabling full internal TB3 functionality!

Does my TB3 to TB2/TB adapter cable (model: apple a1790) connected to a 2015 retina MBP (TB2) qualify for these TB3 tests with new onboard TB3 FW (via [email protected]) + SSDT ?

Also, I'm on Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Xtreme where the internal TB3 ACPI appears under RP01...

If you mean to get Targeted disk mode I was unable to with an AIC with modified firmware. I was also unable to get direct TB connection established with my 2018 Mac mini Maybe that was another thing they addressed, in this modified version.

Flashing was easy at least for the two AIC I have, extra tools $60 raspberry PI maybe if you don't get it at Best Buy much cheaper and a $10 clip. I had writing fail a few times due to my tornado son coming in the office and did not realize he bumped the table. Took a deep breath hooked the clip on again and ran the flash.

You may get an extra TB card and flash it Casey has an SSDT for having a second card in the system.

Really it was super easy, just take it slow and make it happen. I would suggest maybe an alpine ridge AIC simply because I have it working almost perfectly right now at least for what TB3 devices I have.

You have reliable Thunderbolt networking?

@CaseySJ all those recommendations were implemented ever since this built except disable CSM support I always notice if and when I disable CSM Support I cannot boot at all.I have been following your thread on this built from day one so I have learn a lot from your magnificent guide
Did you build a custom hardline water loop? If so, is your profile picture a glimpse of that?
is only these 2 feature in the screen shots missing from my rig
also I have attach the bios screen shots
Thanks for posting comprehensive BIOS screenshots. Some observations:
  • It seems you might not have started with Load Optimized Defaults from the Save & Exit page. Whether or not this statement is true, please select Load Optimized Defaults.
  • ASPM should be disabled (Platform Power Management). These options should be disabled automatically when Load Optimized Defaults is invoked.
  • Then follow the BIOS guidelines in Post #1 even though you have the Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Ultra.
  • In the Thunderbolt section, start with these settings -- you may change them later if necessary:
    • Thunderbolt Support --> Enabled
    • TBT Vt-d base Security --> Disabled
    • Thunderbolt Boot Support --> Disabled (you may change this back to "boot once" later but only if needed)
    • GPIO3 Force Pwr --> Enabled
    • Skip PCI OptionRom --> Enabled (try "enabled" to see if it makes a difference)
    • Security Level --> No Security
What error, if any, do you see when trying to boot with CSM Support disabled?

Last edited:
Thanks for that. When i restart or shut down, it show my wallpaper and stop there. Nothing Happen and i have to force restart.
Feel free to post the following files:
  • Compressed CLOVER folder with serial numbers removed from config.plist.
  • Screenshot of /Library/Extensions
  • The output of this command in Terminal: ls -lR /etc/rc*

You've been waiting for full Thunderbolt support for a long time, so of course we'd love to get your feedback on the new firmware. Have you been able to extract and make a backup of the current firmware on your AORUS Xtreme? The modified firmware may or may not work, but because the AORUS Xtreme is fairly similar in layout to the Z390 Designare, it's worth a try.

I receive today a my new board ! High Point Rocket Raid 3740A, I install 5 SSD Samsung Evo 860 2TB - Total 10 TB. This board is very simple install, and fantastic work Hackintosh. No need drivers etc, plug and play. This result:

Attachments

• Imagem.jpg
    Imagem.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 87
If you mean to get Targeted disk mode I was unable to with an AIC with modified firmware. I was also unable to get direct TB connection established with my 2018 Mac mini Maybe that was another thing they addressed, in this modified version.

No, just in TB network mode.

See below:
Left: Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme (win10 64bits - TB3) Right: MacBookPro retina 2015 (TB2)
Capturar.PNGCaptura de ecrã 2020-03-14, às 12.33.39.png

Back