Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

@NorthAmTransAm

Like I see on your motherboard Asus PRIME Z370-A II extracted DSDT, you don't have any _Lxx specifically for Thunderbolt event. I have same thing on my Asus Maximus board.
You should, like me use _L6F for hot plug and copy native content by adding new line code for our SSDT :

Code:
        Method (_L6F, 0, NotSerialized)  // _Lxx: Level-Triggered GPE, xx=0x00-0xFF
        {
            If ((RTD3 == One))
            {
                If (CondRefOf (\_GPE.AL6F))
                {
                    AL6F ()
                }
            }

If ((SGGP == One))
            {
                If (CondRefOf (\_GPE.P0L6))
                {
                    P0L6 ()
                }
            }

If ((P1GP == One))
            {
                If (CondRefOf (\_GPE.P1L6))
                {
                    P1L6 ()
                }
            }

If ((P2GP == One))
            {
                If (CondRefOf (\_GPE.P2L6))
                {
                    P2L6 ()
                }
            }

If ((TBTS == One))
            {
                If (\_SB.ISME (CPGN))
                {
                    \_SB.THDR (TBSE, CPGN)
                }
            }
        }

Code:
        Method (_L6F, 0, NotSerialized)  // _Lxx: Level-Triggered GPE, xx=0x00-0xFF
        {
            If ((RTD3 == One))
            {
                If (CondRefOf (\_GPE.AL6F))
                {
                    AL6F ()
                }
            }

If ((SGGP == One))
            {
                If (CondRefOf (\_GPE.P0L6))
                {
                    P0L6 ()
                }
            }

If ((P1GP == One))
            {
                If (CondRefOf (\_GPE.P1L6))
                {
                    P1L6 ()
                }
            }

If ((P2GP == One))
            {
                If (CondRefOf (\_GPE.P2L6))
                {
                    P2L6 ()
                }
            }

If ((CF2T == One))
           {
                    \_SB.CAGS (CPGN)
           }

\_SB.PCI0.RPxx.UPSB.AMPE ()
        }

By renaming RPxx (end of previous code) with your Root Port linked to thunderbolt device AND adding the following lines on top of our SSDT:
Code:
External (_GPE.AL6F, MethodObj)
External (_GPE.P0L6, MethodObj)
External (_GPE.P1L6, MethodObj)
External (_GPE.P2L6, MethodObj)
External (_SB_.CAGS, MethodObj)
External (CF2T, FieldUnitObj)
External (CPGN, FieldUnitObj)
External (SGGP, FieldUnitObj)
External (P1GP, FieldUnitObj)
External (P2GP, FieldUnitObj)
External (RTD3, FieldUnitObj)

For Thunderbolt Power supply (GPIO3FPw), you have FPGN instead of FPG0 and FPLV instead of FP0L (all these variables to be replaced on our SSDT)

That's all !

Wow thank you so much. I'm excited to play along and understand more as you all work. Just to recap.

Replace _L6F in DSDT with XL6F. (Found it by searching "Method (_L6F")

Replace the GPE method content on the SSDT with your new content above.

Change these:
FPGO to FPGN
FPLV to FP0L

Correct?

Any Ideas Guys

I had this activation issue with this software which was purchased, what happens from a cold boot the software sometimes misses its authorisation and says it needs reactivating.......This issue is solved by restarting the computer, Not shutting down , just restart. What could be different about the computer from a cold boot which is then fixed by a restart. Anyone had issues with Presonus Studio One or other software, once the program is running it runs very well.

I am not sure but I may have authorised the Software with a different smbios, then changed it to the current one although I have removed any old authorisations from my account. This is the only software I have seen do this, any input for solution very grateful.

Thanks In advance

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-02-08 at 00.11.54.png
    Screenshot 2020-02-08 at 00.11.54.png
    23.3 KB · Views: 101
Yes, AppleALC.kext is being loaded, but no internal audio:

chito@Chitos-Z390-Designare ~ % kextstat | grep -v apple
Index Refs Address Size Wired Name (Version) UUID <Linked Against>
41 5 0xffffff7f83a39000 0x22000 0x22000 as.vit9696.Lilu (1.4.1) ...
42 0 0xffffff7f83a5b000 0x12a000 0x12a000 as.vit9696.AppleALC (1.4.6) ...
43 0 0xffffff7f83b85000 0x4000 0x4000 com.rehabman.driver.USBInjectAll (0.7.4) ...
44 0 0xffffff7f83b8a000 0x69000 0x69000 as.vit9696.WhateverGreen (1.3.6) ...
45 2 0xffffff7f83bf3000 0x11000 0x11000 as.vit9696.VirtualSMC (1.1.1) ...
46 0 0xffffff7f83c04000 0x5000 0x5000 as.vit9696.SMCProcessor (1.1.1) ...
68 0 0xffffff7f83c09000 0x14000 0x14000 as.acidanthera.mieze.IntelMausi (1.0.2) ...
69 0 0xffffff7f83c1d000 0xc000 0xc000 ru.joedm.SMCSuperIO (1.1.1) ...
70 0 0xffffff7f83c29000 0x1a000 0x1a000 com.smalltree.driver.SmallTreeIntel82576 (1.0.6) ...

So what could be causing loss of internal audio?

@cheetoh, I had the same issue post upgrade, reattempted from a restored install several times and ultimately couldn't figure it out. I installed Catalina fresh to another 970EVO and other than the pain of getting the system loaded back up audio has worked fine on the clean install.

I am not sure but I may have authorised the Software with a different smbios, then changed it to the current one although I have removed any old authorisations from my account. This is the only software I have seen do this, any input for solution very grateful.

I know this is not really helpful, but I have Studio One, and I do not have this problem.
I wonder if it is an issue with your NIC, SMBIOS or NVRAM?

Also, have you checked this oout?

I know this is not really helpful, but I have Studio One, and I do not have this problem.
I wonder if it is an issue with your NIC, SMBIOS or NVRAM?

Also, have you checked this oout?

I have tried the recommendations for S1 as per your link. I have deleted Presonus OAuth from keychain access unplugged everything from my system and still has same issue. But when I get it a restart seems to resolve the issue

Last edited:
I wonder if it is an issue with your NIC, SMBIOS or NVRAM?[/URL]

Which version of the UEFI driver are you using ?

Attempting to update EFI to clover 5103, clover walks through the whole process and then after package validation etc.... if pops up with an installation failed message. Looks like it is dieing right at the point where the new files would be written out. Anyone have any suggestions?

I seen this a few times. It usually happened to me when installing clover on a drive where I would take my current EFI folder and rename it to EFI Backup or EFI.backup etc.
In other words, make sure that you don't have any folders named EFI or EFI anything (like EFI backup) on the destination drive/partition. Name them to something completely different and try it again. Test and see if that helps?

Hello Everyone,

I’m hoping someone can help. I just got my new Z390 DSIGNARE and update the BIOS to F9b. I’m following the Mini Guide and created the Catalina (10.5.3) bootable USB drive and used Clover 5103 (first time) and tried it again (from scratch and a new USB drive) with Clover 5102.

I’m installing to a single 2TB Samsung 930 Pro NVMe drive. I have 64GB of RAM (8GBx4). No other drives attached.

No issues getting to Disk Utility and formatting everything. But when I go to:

macOS Catalina -> Continue
“Agree” and “Agree” to the license agreement
Choose the newly APFS formatted 2TB “Catalina” drive to install and click “Install”

As soon as I click “Install” it goes right back to the “MacOS Utilities” window.

I’ve checked the BIOS settings multiple times (per the original guide for F8 and greater) and as mentioned have created two different (and new) USB 3.0 thumb drives just to make sure something wasn’t wrong with the first.

Any ideas?

Thank you so much!
Lam

Back