Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

@CaseySJ @nifranza
Unplugging from the USB header appears to have fixed it! I'll try and narrow down the exact usb issue from there.
I noticed in the copy to uefi folder there is a OcQuirks.plist file. Should we skip copying the file as you state to only copy the .efi files? I'm just wondering why it is there.
Thank you both again!
The plist file belongs to the OcQuirks.efi. Its needed

„Mine“ means „mine“: my EFI, that i have sent you in my last post.

Sorry my german autokorrection makes capital letters by himself. I‘m writing in the car while driving

You shouldn't be doing anything except concentrating on your driving in the car. That is how people get killed!!!

Please see the section under the Catalina Mini-Guide!

View attachment 447779

• When Clover 5xxx is installed, you will have 2 drivers folders:
    • CLOVER/drivers64UEFI from the old Clover 4xxx
    • CLOVER/drivers/UEFI from the new Clover 5xxx
  • After ensuring that all required drivers are in the new CLOVER/drivers/UEFI folder, delete the old CLOVER/drivers64UEFIfolder.
    • Failure to delete the old folder will cause boot failure.

Hi, it's me again.
Ok this is what I did, Racke also gave me advice so I updated clover in the EFI to 5103. Then I was able to remove the drivers64 UEFI folder and in the /drivers/UEFI folder I removed the osx..driver and copied the three files that you provided into this /drivers/UEFI folder, so I followed Rack's advice partly and yours, hoping to get the same end result ;),
having clover up to date and having the osx..driver replaced.

But then booting stopped at the BIOS start up screen, stop, nothing. I rebooted. Same. Then I attached the backup drive and I saw a/the clover options with the backup clone and the standard clover boot up from the system drive, so I used the system drive and it booted as normal. When I opened clover configurator it said: current booted version 4934 (so from the backup drive) but on the system drive clover is updated to 5103, see attached files. This looks similar to a post to you that I saw today where you ask for the content of the drivers folder.

I did select to update clover with scripts as Rack advised maybe I messed up there because in your guide you tell to instal scripts after install but technically this is an after install.

Best regards

Attachments

• Clover configurator boot version.png
    Clover configurator boot version.png
    155 KB · Views: 60
  • Clover log on EFI version 5103.png
    Clover log on EFI version 5103.png
    74.1 KB · Views: 80
  • Drivers folder content.png
    Drivers folder content.png
    233.9 KB · Views: 89
You shouldn't be doing anything except concentrating on your driving in the car. That is how people get killed!!!
Of course, in fact i am just sittin here waitin for my daughter.

Attachments

• 93E96BEF-94DE-4FC9-BC3F-FADF09A558FF.jpeg
    93E96BEF-94DE-4FC9-BC3F-FADF09A558FF.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 110
Hi, it's me again.
Ok this is what I did, Racke also gave me advice so I updated clover in the EFI to 5103. Then I was able to remove the drivers64 UEFI folder and in the /drivers/UEFI folder I removed the osx..driver and copied the three files that you provided into this /drivers/UEFI folder, so I followed Rack's advice partly and yours, hoping to get the same end result ;),

But then booting stopped at the BIOS start up screen, stop, nothing. I rebooted. Same. Then I attached the backup drive and I saw a/the clover options with the backup clone and the standard clover boot up from the system drive, so I used the system drive and it booted as normal. When I opened clover configurator it said: current booted version 4934 (so from the backup drive) but on the system drive clover is updated to 5103, see attached files. This looks similar to a post to you that I saw today where you ask for the content of the drivers folder.

I did select to update clover with scripts as Rack advised maybe I messed up there because in your guide you tell to instal scripts after install but technically this is an after install.

Best regards
Doesnt matter at what Time you install the scripts. Be shure to set the correct boot Drive in bios

Did you install every driver you can get????????
Please have a Look at my efi and install ONLY the Drivers and kexts i used. Oh my god.
Delete the ones that are not needed. They will interfere with the needed ones and kill your system.

Dont forget the ssdt Files. Please Compare every folder of mine with yours.

Last edited:
Please boot your system from your bootable backup disk, then mount EFI partition of the macOS SSD and post a screenshot of the expanded CLOVER folder that shows:
  • drivers/UEFI folder
  • drivers64UEFI folder (if it exists)
Please boot your system from your bootable backup disk, then mount EFI partition of the macOS SSD and post a screenshot of the expanded CLOVER folder that shows:
  • drivers/UEFI folder
  • drivers64UEFI folder (if it exists)

I can’t entry to Mac OS. When I am booting with de booteable usb disk, created like you show in the guide, this Message appears. Without verbose mode, the screen appears the forbidden sign.

thanks for your reply!

Attachments

• 2A2E45AF-AF7C-4E51-A933-C760B958DE50.jpeg
    2A2E45AF-AF7C-4E51-A933-C760B958DE50.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 53
I can’t entry to Mac OS. When I am booting with de booteable usb disk, created like you show in the guide, this Message appears. Without verbose mode, the screen appears the forbidden sign.

thanks for your reply!
Could be that your bios settings are Not ok. Have a Look at that and make experiments. For example xmp, vT-d, cms... Turn off everything, that is Not needed.
On the Other Hand, you always Need a Second system to work on your efi or a bootable backup

Doesnt matter at what Time you install the scripts. Be shure to set the correct boot Drive in bios

Did you install every driver you can get????????
Please have a Look at my efi and install ONLY the Drivers and kexts i used. Oh my god.
Delete the ones that are not needed. They will interfere with the needed ones and kill your system.

Dont forget the ssdt Files. Please Compare every folder of mine with yours.

Hi, thanks again.

Well together with your advice and the help from CaseySJ and the mini-guide..
SUCCESS! Normal boot, updated clover bootmanager, different drivers!

After spending a few hours not sure it would be possible to achieve without reinstalling
everything I'm very happy. I will do some testing but for now OK.

Best regards

Hi, it's me again.

Best regards

Thank you CaseySJ,
Maybe you have read my reply to Racke, all good now!
Best regards

Could be that your bios settings are Not ok. Have a Look at that and make experiments. For example xmp, vT-d, cms... Turn off everything, that is Not needed.
On the Other Hand, you always Need a Second system to work on your efi or a bootable backup

Still in the same problem. Can I fix the kernel cache loading (0x9) from command line in clover or other place without boot?

Back