Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

I gave this ago a few minutes ago and am about to test it to see if I am still having freeze issues. You are right in that I have lost 2 of my Display Port PORTS and had to move my cable to a third port for it to show something once rebooted.

Needed to Edit this post: Originally thought I lost 2 furthest left. Actually furthest right and HDMI both work. Furthest Left, and Display port in between HDMI and other lost.

Last edited:
I wanted to take a moment and say Thank You to @CaseySJ and all the Hackintoshers present and past who have helped in this forum. You all are the bee's knees lMHO. (Aint going anywhere - just wanted to say thanks. haha.)

Thanks for troubleshooting and being the support to get my build up and running and working with no issues.

Unless I'm missing something I haven't found anything that isn't working. Feel free to ask me to test something I'm more than glad to try to find something that isn't working.

FULL PARTS LIST:
Case: NZXT H710
CPU: i7 9700k
Cooler: h100i
Ram: Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB (4x16gb) 3200mhz
GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700XT
Wifi/BT: Fenvi T919
PSU: Corsair RM850x
NVMe: 2x WD Black 500GB
SSD: 1x WD Blue 500GB
HDD: 2x 6TB IronWolf (1 installed)
Display's: 27in LG 4K & 32in Curved Samsung 4K

Feel Free to post something to try more than willing. I can now say I have
1 main drive and 2 CCClones (1 Backup/ 1 Test)-
I had to learn the hard way the importance of having bootable backups.

You all as a community and everyone in this thread super DOPE

Attachments

• IMG_1831.jpg
    IMG_1831.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 88
  • Screen Shot 2019-12-30 at 9.55.28 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-12-30 at 9.55.28 PM.png
    84.3 KB · Views: 84
  • Screen Shot 2019-12-30 at 9.56.28 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-12-30 at 9.56.28 PM.png
    42.4 KB · Views: 85
  • Screen Shot 2019-12-30 at 9.58.18 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-12-30 at 9.58.18 PM.png
    41.7 KB · Views: 88
  • Single_Multi Geekbench 4.png
    Single_Multi Geekbench 4.png
    341.8 KB · Views: 88
  • OpenCL geekbench 4.png
    OpenCL geekbench 4.png
    244 KB · Views: 93
  • Single_Multi Geekbench 5.png
    Single_Multi Geekbench 5.png
    343.3 KB · Views: 78
  • OpenCL Geekbench 5.png
    OpenCL Geekbench 5.png
    335.4 KB · Views: 74
  • Metal Geekbench 5.png
    Metal Geekbench 5.png
    319.6 KB · Views: 77
Hopefully this will be addressed in another WEG update.
I recommend to contact WEG developer’s as just a hope might not be enough to solve it on future release!

I recommend to contact WEG developer’s as just a hope might not be enough to solve it on future release!

How would I go about reporting this issue? Also I won't lie, I will do my best to verbalize the findings based on what @CaseySJ helped discover about it.

Can you post a link to this memory? I can’t find CMK332G4M2E3200C 16 with a google search.

How would I go about reporting this issue? Also I won't lie, I will do my best to verbalize the findings based on what @CaseySJ helped discover about it.

I recommend also to read carefully all WEG documentation and to do some debugging as developers might not have the same card available for testing.

• How do I get the debug log?
    Install DEBUG versions of WhateverGreen and Lilu, then add -raddbg -liludbg to the boot arguments. Once you boot run the following command in terminal:
    log show --predicate 'process == "kernel" AND (eventMessage CONTAINS "WhateverGreen" OR eventMessage CONTAINS "Lilu")' --style syslog --source
    If you have macOS 10.11 or earlier, use this command:
    cat /var/log/system.log | egrep '(WhateverGreen|Lilu)'
    Please note that in the case you cannot boot if your problem is specific to the GPU you should be able to get the log via SSH. In this case also check the kextstat command output.

And if you are clever enough you will find a way how to contact contributors of this project.

Last edited:
Wanted to take a moment and say Thank You to @CaseySJ and all the Hackintoshers present and past who have helped in this forum you all are the bee's knees lmao. (aint going anywhere just wanted to say thanks haha)

Thanks for troubleshooting and being the support to get my build up and running and working with no issues.
Unless I'm missing something I haven't found anything that isn't working. Feel free to ask me to test something I'm more than glad to try to find something that isn't working.

FULL PARTS LIST:

[/QUOT
Wanted to take a moment and say Thank You to @CaseySJ and all the Hackintoshers present and past who have helped in this forum you all are the bee's knees lmao. (aint going anywhere just wanted to say thanks haha)

FULL PARTS LIST:

So...you went with the iMac Pro 1.1 vs iMac 19.1. Could I ask why and are you on Opencore or Clover? Sleep?

Last edited:
iMac Pro 1.1

iMacPro SMBIOS is recommended if you want to get maximum out of dedicated video card. IGPU should be disabled from BIOS on such case.

AMD GPU’s require an additional boot flag shikigva=128, which enables hardware FairPlay decoder.

I posted a couple of days ago about the same sleep issue I have seen others posting recently. I completely wiped and reinstalled Mojave then upgraded to 15.2. The sleep wake issue is now gone but I cannot boot with my 3 monitors(or 2 for that matter). It seems to freak out right before apple screen. My display goes black and the displayport tag keeps flashing. Sometimes I can plug the other two in after boot and they will work. Usually it results in the black screen displayport freak out. I am running a sapphire pulse Vega 56 gpu.

Im soo close, I can feel it.
Anyone have any clue what might be causing this?

Back