Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

everything is working as expected now i didn't have any agdp to remove it was weird but a few reboots it is up and running again. i also had to remove the boot flag -disablefxfirmware type now it works great ! thanks !

I may be mistaken, but @CaseySJ can confirm, I think you need to disable those Port limit increases in the image you posted. I believe they are only for initial install and then they are provide for by the ACPI patch .aml files.

Here's an example of my patches area. The only one's enabled are the External Icons (don't know what it does) and the TRIM support for SSDs.

Attachments

• patches.png
    patches.png
    303.3 KB · Views: 66
I may be mistaken, but @CaseySJ can confirm, I think you need to disable those Port limit increases in the image you posted. I believe they are only for initial install and then they are provide for by the ACPI patch .aml files.

Here's an example of my patches area. The only one's enabled are the External Icons (don't know what it does) and the TRIM support for SSDs.
His configuration is technically okay because the port limit patches are for 10.12, 10.13, and 10.14. So they won't take effect in 10.15 Catalina. But, yes, they should all be disabled.

I see two possible explanations:
  • This EFI sets device-id to 0x3E9B. But we should not set device-id at all if running Mojave 10.14.5 or later.
  • This EFI sets Inject Kexts to Yes, which means it is injecting the kexts from CLOVER/kexts/Other.
    • Do you have Lilu and WhateverGreen installed in your /Library/Extensions folder (and if so, do you remember running Kext Utility to rebuild the kernel cache)?
I'm actually on Mojave 10.14.3 so is it helpful to have the device-id set to 0x3E9B? I'm a total noob when it comes to coding so have no idea what should be set to what..
I have Lilu and WhateverGreen currently installed in that directory and definitely ran Kext Utility during the initial install outlined in your guide.

With the EFI folder and config.plist set to the current parameters, do you see if there's anything that's jumping out to you that is not set up correctly for this particular build and could potentially corrupt the boot drive over time?

Many thanks with all your help

Well, I accidentally hosed my system last night and have spent the day trying to get a fresh install to upgrade to Catalina 10.15.1. I've updated every kext (all those issued today as well) Clover up to the very latest and I'm blowed if I can get it to install :(
Has anyone managed to do an install with 10.15.1 - not an upgrade from 10.15.0 - going straight from 10.14.6?
The screen just goes black on me after the second phase of loading - every time
Ideas would be most welcome

I believe it was in the main update thread for 10.15.1 that I read it, otherwise somewhere else on TMX, but someone said that they got a black screen, and they just let it sit there for sometime, and then the system restarted and was working fine (update successful). Not sure if this is the issue you are having, or if they are even related, but may be worth a try? :)

So just want to share my latest experience and add my contribution :)

F8 BIOS completely sucks for me lol. Got the allocation error as soon as I set up my config after flashing. I had disabled the same items as before and enabled above 4G (of course they removed the ability to disable onboard NIC, so had to disable PCH NIC instead). Resetting CMOS didn't change a thing :(
I wasn't liking the new (advanced) interface either, so reflashed to F7, set things up as before, and I'm back in business! So there really is something to how each UEFI firmware handles things...

The interesting thing is that on F7, I can boot macOS using slide=0 and AptioMemoryFix, IGPU enabled (64MB DVMT),, CSM enabled, WIFI card removed, onboard NIC (I211) disabled, VT-D enabled, above 4g enabled... Regardless of booting from f12 menu, booting from disk, booting Windows from Clover or from disk directly, boots every time (knock on wood lol).

I'm using an RX 590 and a Texas Instruments PCIE firewire card installed as well... But none of this seems to affect whatever memory space is available for the kernel.

Have any of you guys on F7 tried enabling above 4G memory space? I know it has been said that we shouldn't use this setting, but then again, we were also advised not to use OSXAptioMemoryFix2DRV-free2000 lol... Has anyone on F8 BIOS been able to main successful boots using AptioMemoryFix?

That's all for now :)

Sharing my upgrade experience:

- Upgraded Clover (from 4920 to 5098), Lilu, WhateverGreen, AppleALC to most recent versions
- Installed Catalina 10.15.1 (similar experience to @CaseySJ)
- Still using OSXAptioMemoryFix2DRV-free2000 and IMac19,1 right now. Eager to try @djx8605's version of F7 Bios, Enable 4G Mem, AptioMemoryFix and slide=0 tomorrow.

Everything's working so far - my RX590 seems to be running a bit hotter than before but am receiving the RX5700 XT tomorrow and will install it and test it out.

Was reading what the author of OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000 said again, and saw people having success with iMacPro1,1 instead of iMac19,1. Curious if this has been explored already (and possibly breaks Sidecar?)

Those using iMac Pro are doing so without IGPU, because that model doesn't have internal graphics. Of course disabling IGPU usually allows AptioMemoryFix to work and boot, which is probably why many choose that route. However, if sidecar is a concern to you, @CaseySJ posted many pages back that using a model/SMBIOS of a model with T2 chip will break sidecar functionality...

I upgraded pretty smoothly to 10.15.1 with WTG updated.

But I'm still having a weird issue:
I'm on iMac 19,1 with OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000 and slide=0, IGPU is enable in BIOS. My hackintosh is booting OK BUT it seems my iGPU is not working... When I do an video export in Final Cut, Intel Graphics shows no activity...

I don't get what's going on...

EDIT :
I did some changes in my Config.plists and my iGPU seems to work. At least there is some activity but it looks really low. And when i'm doing some export in Final Cut, both my Radeon VII and iGPU working (but iGPU is like 20% of its full capability looking at iStat menu)

Last edited:
What do you think which WiFi card is the best way what I can buy in PC-shop and not eBay, Amazon, Aliexpress?
TP-LINK Archer T9E?
I live in Hungary (Europe).

So just want to share my latest experience and add my contribution :)

F8 BIOS completely sucks for me lol. Got the allocation error as soon as I set up my config after flashing. I had disabled the same items as before and enabled above 4G (of course they removed the ability to disable onboard NIC, so had to disable PCH NIC instead). Resetting CMOS didn't change a thing :(
I wasn't liking the new (advanced) interface either, so reflashed to F7, set things up as before, and I'm back in business! So there really is something to how each UEFI firmware handles things...

The interesting thing is that on F7, I can boot macOS using slide=0 and AptioMemoryFix, IGPU enabled (64MB DVMT),, CSM enabled, WIFI card removed, onboard NIC (I211) disabled, VT-D enabled, above 4g enabled... Regardless of booting from f12 menu, booting from disk, booting Windows from Clover or from disk directly, boots every time (knock on wood lol).

I'm using an RX 590 and a Texas Instruments PCIE firewire card installed as well... But none of this seems to affect whatever memory space is available for the kernel.

Have any of you guys on F7 tried enabling above 4G memory space? I know it has been said that we shouldn't use this setting, but then again, we were also advised not to use OSXAptioMemoryFix2DRV-free2000 lol... Has anyone on F8 BIOS been able to main successful boots using AptioMemoryFix?

That's all for now :)
I am on F8 now using iMac19,1 slide=0 and AptioMemoryFix, IGPU headless enabled (64MB DVMT), CSM disabled, WIFI card removed (using Fenvi), PCH NIC disabled, VT-D disabled, above 4g enabled. Seems fine and stable, but while tweaking BIOS settings at least once I ran into "no boot zone" and had to re-flash BIOS. I have never used F7, so it is interesting to hear that you could disable onboard NIC in F7. I went directly from F6 to F8 and never seen that option (not sure if it matters at all for memmap).

Back