Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Hello @espogeta,

Welcome to the forum!

Please enter your Motherboard, CPU, and Graphics information in your profile by clicking here. This is required when asking for help.
  • It seems you have the Gigabyte AORUS Xtreme?
  • What computer case are you using?
  • Which USB 3 ports have you tested:
    • USB 3 ports on the rear IO panel?
    • USB 3 ports on the computer case?
  • Also please download and run IORegistryExplorer then select File --> Save As... and upload the saved file. That will give us an inside look at the USB port configuration.
Thanks for the support.I'm a beginner in the hackintosh world.
My MB is Z390 Gigabyte Xtreme.
At this moment, all USB 3 don't work.
The only functioning USB are 2.0 HS11 (IO panel), HS13 (Front case, F_USB1, I don't have Bluetooth).
My case is Thermaltake View 71 with 2 ports USB 2.0 and 2 ports 3.0
If you need other info, I'm here.

Thanks a lot.

Attachments

• Espogeta iMac.ioreg
    10.4 MB · Views: 84
Is your system running the latest versions of Lilu, AppleALC, and WhateverGreen? Several changes were made in recent builds to support Catalina.

This afternoon, I grabbed the latest copies of AppleALC, whatevergreen and Lilu from GitHub, and I also applied the Catalina Update. Still no sound ports show.

@CaseySJ Im still on Mohave, Supplement 1. Hot Plug has never worked for me.
I see; in that case let's dig into this a bit:
  • What Thunderbolt devices do you have (incl. make/model and TB generation)?
    • Example (based on my collection):
      • OWC 14-Port Dock, TB 3
      • Apple Gigabit Ethernet, TB 2
      • PowerColor Gaming Station eGPU, TB 3
  • Do you have a USB-C flash disk? If so, does it work when plugged into either of the two TB3 ports on the back panel?
  • Please run IORegistryExplorer and select File --> Save As... then upload the saved file. The RP05 section in this file will tell us whether Thunderbolt hot-plug attributes have been injected.

Thanks for the support.I'm a beginner in the hackintosh world.
My MB is Z390 Gigabyte Xtreme.
At this moment, all USB 3 don't work.
The only functioning USB are 2.0 HS11 (IO panel), HS13 (Front case, F_USB1, I don't have Bluetooth).
My case is Thermaltake View 71 with 2 ports USB 2.0 and 2 ports 3.0
If you need other info, I'm here.

Thanks a lot.
I see the problem. But to determine the solution, please do the following:
  • Post your config.plist
  • Post a screenshot of the files in your /Library/Extensions folder.
By the way, it seems Thunderbolt is turned off in BIOS.

This afternoon, I grabbed the latest copies of AppleALC, whatevergreen and Lilu from GitHub, and I also applied the Catalina Update. Still no sound ports show.
What version of Clover is installed on the Catalina SSD? Clover version will appear on screen just before the Clover Boot Menu.

I see the problem. But to determine the solution, please do the following:
  • Post your config.plist
  • Post a screenshot of the files in your /Library/Extensions folder.
By the way, it seems Thunderbolt is turned off in BIOS.

Attachments

• config Espogeta.plist
    23.6 KB · Views: 102
  • Schermata 2019-10-19 alle 03.51.50.png
    Schermata 2019-10-19 alle 03.51.50.png
    559.1 KB · Views: 74
<attachments>
You were using SMBIOS iMac19,2, which will not work with USBInjectAll.kext. If you see the build guide, it says iMac19,1. I've made this change and a couple of other minor changes to the attached file. Please try it and see if USB 3 ports are okay.

Attachments

• config Espogeta.plist
    23.6 KB · Views: 99
You were using SMBIOS iMac19,2, which will not work with USBInjectAll.kext. If you see the build guide, it says iMac19,1. I've made this change and a couple of other minor changes to the attached file. Please try it and see if USB 3 ports are okay.
unfortunately if I try to install this it doesn't work Audio(lost output) and also usb 3.0, i don't know why.

Last edited:
Good day, @CaseySJ
Today, I intended to disable port HS12 and enable port HS08 by modifying your
SSDT-UIAC-DESIGNARE-Z390-V7B.aml
into my own SSDT file SSDT-UIAC-DESIGNARE-Z390-V7D.aml in MasciASL for future upgrade purpose when I buy the CalDigit TS3 Plus, TB3 dock.

After I removed the V7B.aml and place my own V7D.aml in the patched folder, then rebooted it. iPad doesn't work and be recognized through Type-C cable connected to HS08 port (rear top Thunderbolt3/Type-C) when I looked it up in the USB section of Hackintools.

Could you point out what part of my file goes wrong, please? I used my old Macbook Air to edit the file in MasiACL. And I don't need HS12 port because it's already been taken by NZXT watercooler (9pin header) for only power supply not for file transfer purpose then it's useless to me by occuping one of the 15 ports just for power.... :evil:

SSDT-UIAC-DESIGNARE-Z390-V7B.aml made by you - Success
Disable: HS10, HS11
Enable: HS01, HS13

SSDT-UIAC-DESIGNARE-Z390-V7D.aml made by me - Fail
Disable: HS10, HS11, HS12
Enable: HS01, HS13, HS08

Attachments

• SSDT-UIAC-DESIGNARE-Z390-V7D.aml
    847 bytes · Views: 82
Last edited:
can we use AMD 5700XT gpu in Mojave?
I can't upgrade to Catalina yet as many of my software is 32bit.

Back