Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Casey,

View attachment 387202Can I ask about the audio inject only step. Are we supposed to leave the "frame buffer". I tried inserting the text above it and got an error. In my case I am using the headless GPU configuration. Since I moved all the kexts to the library I lost audio out so would like to implement this last step. Thanks so much and sorry for being a bit ignorant .
There's a syntax/format error in that code. Just below "<string>Realtek ALC1220-VB</string>" you're missing this:

</dict>

There's a syntax/format error in that code. Just below "<string>Realtek ALC1220-VB</string>" you're missing this:

</dict>
Awesome worked thanks!!!!

View attachment 379564View attachment 379565
After making link aggregation, i1211 can't get the status. Do you have this problem?
Finally I moved the Hackintosh to its proper location in the home office next to the managed Zyxel switch. After connecting two Ethernet cables and configuring 802.3ad LACP (link aggregation), the Intel i211 port is not responding. This is the same result that you reported one month ago!

I tried an alternative SmallTreeIntel driver, but it also fails to participate in a bonded virtual network in Network Preferences. So for now I have modified Post #1 to indicate that link aggregation is not currently possible with the i211 Ethernet port.

Fortunately, my OWC Thunderbolt 3 Dock also has a Gigabit Ethernet port, and if I combine that port with the motherboard's Intel i219, voilà! It works...

Last edited:
Hey @Hackintoshron awesome OC. I followed that same guide but I never got it stable at 5.1GHz without throttling. Mind sharing us the exact settings you changed and the values you used? Thanks in advance!
Thanks! Here are my settings. Disclaimer: Use these settings at your own risk. It hasn't fried me yet though!:crazy: I did back off my overclock back to an even 5.0Ghz after getting one or two messages per day about overheating from HW Monitor. And please know that I did not do all the Prime testing recommended. Just haven't had the time yet but it is stable enough so that I can run 20 or more programs without overheating the system or causing a panic attack.387250387251387252387253387254387255

@CaseySJ, congrats on the gold build and thanks for starting something big in the space, so many people helped.

I have not yet incorporated the latest updates, I'm gun shy as my systems is operating very nicely. I do have a question on the latest updates, looks like some/more drivers are being placed on the Mac OS partition in /l/e. Is that placement for functionality, a preference or what? Would leaving the Mac OS partition as untouched as possible limit future risks with updates? Thanks in advance.

I'm contemplating moving from the cosmetic ssdt approach that we were working on as you were making the latest updates over this your config (of course backups will be involved!!!), before taking that plunge a couple of questions:
  • the guid section "UHD 630 to Drive HDMI and DP Monitors" - is this detail and background for the above "Injecting Audio and Enabling On-Board HDMI" section or additional updates? looking at the device names section "purely cosmetic" helps clarify.
  • guide considerations .... towards the end of the core build you show the various directories with post-install files dropped in place. Would you be able to include similar screen grabs at the end of the guide once all work is applied? Also Showing the FractalDesign R6 would rock!
The guide is great and covers a ton of useful info, I fear overlooking/skipping something important as the build guide shifts to build outs.

Also to re-affirm, with my Mac OS update all of the iCloud services cleanly logged in with EMUvarialbles driver installed in clover, no need to point clover to the EN0 Mac address, but that may be another option for folks having issues to try.

All FCP users running this particular configuration have successfully switched to a headless platform ID and SMBIOS name. You shouldn’t worry about multiple iCloud accounts as long as you log in to iCloud and delete the obsolete ones. Apple will not lock you out. I had 5 fake MacMini accounts, but removed all but one with no ill effects. The key is not to abuse iCloud and to take responsible and timely steps to eliminate spam accounts.
I'm gonna go ahead and admit I was overthinking the whole issue. So I went ahead and made the changes for option 2.

Progress update: Sleep/wake works! Final Cut and iMovie work!

A few curiosities of note: When my system was a Mac Mini, the front panel headphone jack on my case was configured as a headphone jack and the rear motherboard headphone jack didn't seem to do anything. It might have been the internal speaker. I don't know because I didn't think to even check back then. Now that it is an iMac Pro I have to use my rear motherboard audio jacks, specifically the green stereo/headphone jack as one would expect, and my front panel headphone jack is now configured as the internal speaker. Now when my speakers are plugged in to it the volume fluctuates. It's kind of a sudden spike of volume followed by a steady normal volume before another spike ...etc. I think if they'd have been expensive speakers I'd have worried about blowing them out, but luckily they were just a cheap set and still work. They're plugged into the back and things work pretty well now.

@CaseySJ
Also to re-affirm, with my Mac OS update all of the iCloud services cleanly logged in with EMUvarialbles driver installed in clover, no need to point clover to the EN0 Mac address, but that may be another option for folks having issues to try.

Thanks for the tip - what should it be instead of En0?

Furthermore it seems my sleep/awake issue is gone if I disable iGPU in Bios (actually I set it to "auto", which seems to have the same effect). FCP then also works (but without acceleration).

Also I am wondering if perhaps this might be important:

"We must change model name RX5xx or Vegaxx to AMD RX5xx or AMD Vegaxx."

Would this be the way to implement that model name change in clover config?

Thanks alot Kennt, through your excellent guide I learned a few days ago how to check that FCP was indeed using the iGPU (using intel power gadget).

I tried your edited config.plist and I got the exact same behavior as described above: FCP works (and uses the iGPU when exporting) but media apps freeze after sleep.

Hmmmm Your case is not usuall.......
Usually iGPU set up is well made there is no problem like yours.

Please follow Lilu giude https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/an-idiots-guide-to-lilu-and-its-plug-ins.260063/
Specially DRM section.

Hmmmm Your case is not usuall.......
Usually iGPU set up is well made there is no problem like yours.

Please follow Lilu giude https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/an-idiots-guide-to-lilu-and-its-plug-ins.260063/
Specially DRM section.

Thanks for the suggestion, that guide seems well laid out and easy to follow. Regarding DRM I don't have any such content as far as I am aware. I am testing with videos I have recorded myself (and they trigger the crash after sleep).

Right now I am thinking maybe the best option for a Hackintosh noob like me would be to redo Casey's guide on a different drive. Do you think it wold be safe for me to rename my current boot volume from "Mojave" to "Mojave_old" - and then carefully redo the guide?

Thanks for the suggestion, that guide seems well laid out and easy to follow. Regarding DRM I don't have any such content as far as I am aware. I am testing with videos I have recorded myself (and they trigger the crash after sleep).

Right now I am thinking maybe the best option for a Hackintosh noob like me would be to redo Casey's guide on a different drive. Do you think it wold be safe for me to rename my current boot volume from "Mojave" to "Mojave_old" - and then carefully redo the guide?
That’s the best way I THINK.
IN MANY CASES we make a mistake to setup in small things and we cannot recognize. From bios set up plz clean install step by step carefully.
I wish you can have smooth and shining machin in this weekend
Good luck!

P.S. I did clean setup recently because sleep problem and in that process I found I mistakenly set up bios. :)

Back