Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Bluetooth still there after rebooting.

@CaseySJ it doesn't sleep but I have now Bluetooth working hahahaha
I thought the USB SSDT disabled HS14. Maybe you have a different USB SSDT? In that case you might want to disable HS14 or upload a copy and I'll modify it for you.

However, if you would like to test/evaluate this Bluetooth to see if it's reliable, then of course no need to remove HS14.

I used your files, no I don't even know how to edit them, take a look here.
As I said I just deleted the preferences and it popped up after a restart.

Attachments

• SSDT-DTPG.aml
    100 bytes · Views: 80
  • SSDT-UIAC-DESIGNARE-Z390-V3.aml
    696 bytes · Views: 79
  • SSDT-Z390-DESIGNARE-RX580.aml
    1.2 KB · Views: 69
  • SSDT-Z390-DESIGNARE-TB3HP-V3.aml
    6.2 KB · Views: 79
I got distracted by thoughts of blue teeth... :)

We’ve had good luck with non-plus version of EVO 970. So the problem you’re reporting is really strange. Do you have a different NVMe? Do you have the NVMe driver in DriversUEFI64?

I do not have another NVMe drive. I already added and removed the NVMe driver in driversUEFI64. It makes no difference (because it's for High Sierra)... I suppose I just have to wait till someone else encounters the same problem.

Do you have an answer on my RX 580 SSDT question/ Do I have to adapt it for a different layout RX 570 card with less memory?

Thanks. I'll have wake/sleep problems in my bed if I don't solve this ;-)

Just a little note, thanks CaseySJ, you helped me out once again. After fiddling around for 10 hours straight I finally figured out the OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi fixed all of my last problems as well, including non working sleep and shutdown. This little thing seems to do magic to some boards. Keep up your great support.

I'm trying to get this working but I have a problem with my NVME drive. I've been struggling for days. I can install everything on a SSD and it runs stable. Every time I want to mount or partition or wipe the NVME drive the system freezes after a few seconds and has to be hard reset. It's a brand new Samsung 970 Evo plus drive that works perfectly in windows. Maybe it's just not compatible with macOS?

First I had it in the P slot, and read someone had solved this by moving it to the M slot. I switched it, but it does not help. Could there be a conflict with something on the pci-express lane? Or with the CNVi card? It happens with or without the DSDT patches and I cannot complete an install. Cloning drives after ssd install also results in a freeze. If I don't partition the drive and leave it alone everything works.

I did a memtest86 torture test and my ram is fine. I used all the standard bios settings as in this guide.

I have a gigabyte rx570 gaming with only 4gig memory, maybe this is conflicting? do I use your DSDT rx580 or not ? It doesn't have the standard connectors, on my AMD hackintosh I always used raddeinit and the connectors to 5 (3xDP,1xHDMI,1xDVI). Can't get the IGP and RX570 to show both in the system report.

I also have this Broadcom 93602cs card in the pcix1_2 slot and this works fine.

Thanks in advance. Greetz, Sven.
If you're using an RX 570, I can modify the SSDT to properly reflect its name. As mentioned in previous reply, the SSDT serves only an informational role. Because Apple provides all the necessary AMD drivers for both Video and HDMI Audio for these cards, the SSDT does not need to play any functional role. But Apple's drivers, I believe, assume the use of Reference Cards, those in which the connector layout (connector type and quantity) is identical to an AMD reference board.

On your AMD Hackintosh, how did you specify "raddeinit"? WhateverGreen performs "Radeon Deinit" automatically and also has a Boot argument called "-raddvi" that is supposed to enumerate the connectors, but my interpretation of this might be flawed. Please do have a look at the WhateverGreen download site where usage information is provided.

The problem with Samsung's new EVO 970 Plus is puzzling. I don't think it's due to any of the reasons listed. If you have an alternative NVMe drive, please try that. You can also go to BIOS and check the NVME configuration page to see if the device is properly recognized there.

Sleep is working 100% for me. The main difference between my configuration and yours is:
  • Macmini8,1
  • Platform ID 0x3E9B0007 (real Mac Mini 8,1 also uses this ID)
  • Device-ID 0x3E9B (real Mac Mini 8,1 also uses this IGPU Device ID)
The other difference is RX 580 versus Vega...

Regarding the JPG preview, maybe "NoVPAJpeg.kext" will help?

Could you upload your updated config.plist so I can compare it to mine?

Just a little note, thanks CaseySJ, you helped me out once again. After fiddling around for 10 hours straight I finally figured out the OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi fixed all of my last problems as well, including non working sleep and shutdown. This little thing seems to do magic to some boards. Keep up your great support.
Glad to hear it!

I tried with the Mac mini smbios with no luck, the wake reason seems to be this one, but I don't know if I want/need to investigate further as I can live without the sleep/wake thing.

Thanks anyway.

Screenshot 2019-02-01 at 21.56.52.jpg

@CaseySJ, WIFI wake issues appear to ge gone, great info, thanks.

Hoping to get your thoughts on USB wake up. Similar to WIFI if I leave a thumb drive in USB and put the system to sleep for a period of time at wake the not ejected properly error comes up. Hoping to get your thoughts and knowledge around this. Poking around some are adjusting XMP profiles to mitigate the ejects errors on wake. From the build guide we are setting the BIOS to XPM Profile 1. Should Clover boot mirror that? Alternately turn BIOS off and set in Clover boot? I'll test a bit more as time permits.

I'm not sure I understand the connection between USB and XMP used to identify memory speeds, seems strange.

Back