Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Casey, when I plug a microSD USBC3.1 reader in to the front panel USBC3.1 port on my R6 case, nothing happens. Can't seem to get anything recognized there. In Disk Utility, nothing ever mounts. Any thoughts? I've attached IOReg save file and a screen shot of my EFI partition.

Edit to add: reader works fine on a Thinkpad Yoga X1 USBC3.1 port under Win10.
Another edit to add: attached Hackintool USB shot

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-09-20 at 12.15.04 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-09-20 at 12.15.04 PM.png
    294.6 KB · Views: 71
  • Designare_IOREGEX.ioreg
    17.9 MB · Views: 77
  • Screen Shot 2019-09-20 at 12.27.05 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-09-20 at 12.27.05 PM.png
    143.3 KB · Views: 64
@CaseySJ

After all the help you offered to me to solve my sleep issues over the last few weeks to no avail it now sleeps perfectly and wakes on the space bar!
The only thing that I changed that I can identify is that I updated to Clover v.5070.
Works with PowerNap on or off.

If you updated from Clover 4xxx to Clover 5xxx please check that the old drivers64UEFI folder is deleted and that the required EFI drivers are in the new CLOVER/drivers/UEFI folder. Only one memory fix driver should be present:
  • OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000
  • AptioMemoryFix
  • OsxAptioFix3Drv
  • OsxAptioFix2Drv
  • OsxAptioFixDrv
Also check that your config.plist has the boot argument slide=0.
I am indeed going from 4xxx to the latest 5070 Clover.
The old drivers64UEFI was still there. However, the system still hangs on "End Randomseed".
Config plist has the right slide=0 argument.

My exact steps are as follow:
Update clover to 5070
Using sascha kext update tools, download the latest version of my kext (lilu, whatevergreen, appleACL, intelMausEthernet)
Run kext utility. Drag all kext in the window to have it run on all latest kexts.
Rebooting and hoping it works.

Casey, when I plug a microSD USBC3.1 reader in to the front panel USBC3.1 port on my R6 case, nothing happens. Can't seem to get anything recognized there. In Disk Utility, nothing ever mounts. Any thoughts? I've attached IOReg save file and a screen shot of my EFI partition.

Edit to add: reader works fine on a Thinkpad Yoga X1 USBC3.1 port under Win10.
Another edit to add: attached Hackintool USB shot
Can you provide a link to the microSD USBC 3.1 reader? Internally, it might be using USB 2.0, which requires us to enable HS01 in the USB SSDT. Attached is a temporary USB SSDT with which to test HS01.
  • First, highlight the two SSDT-UIAC-DESIGNARE-Z390-FD-DEFINE-R6-V3 files in the CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder, then select Finder --> Get Info. Two Get Info windows will appear. In each window, uncheck Hide Extension.
Screen Shot 2019-09-20 at 9.58.45 AM.png

• In your CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder, delete SSDT-UIAC-DESIGNARE-Z390-FD-DEFINE-R6-V3.dsl. This is the Disassembled ASL File which should not be placed in the CLOVER folder. It is for development purposes only.
  • Temporarily move SSDT-UIAC-DESIGNARE-Z390-FD-DEFINE-R6-V3.aml to the CLOVER/misc folder.
  • Then copy the attached SSDT-UIAC-DESIGNARE-Z390-FD-DEFINE-R6-TEST-1.aml to the CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder.
  • Reboot and check if the microSD card works.
  • If it does not work, delete SSDT-UIAC-DESIGNARE-Z390-FD-DEFINE-R6-TEST-1.aml and replace it with the attached SSDT-UIAC-DESIGNARE-Z390-FD-DEFINE-R6-TEST-2.aml
  • Reboot and check again.

Attachments

• SSDT-UIAC-DESIGNARE-Z390-FD-DEFINE-R6-TEST-1.aml
    844 bytes · Views: 102
  • SSDT-UIAC-DESIGNARE-Z390-FD-DEFINE-R6-TEST-2.aml
    844 bytes · Views: 87
Last edited:
@CaseySJ

After all the help you offered to me to solve my sleep issues over the last few weeks to no avail it now sleeps perfectly and wakes on the space bar!
The only thing that I changed that I can identify is that I updated to Clover v.5070.
Works with PowerNap on or off.
Interesting! Perhaps anyone facing sleep/wake issues should update to Clover 5070.

I am indeed going from 4xxx to the latest 5070 Clover.
The old drivers64UEFI was still there. However, the system still hangs on "End Randomseed".
Config plist has the right slide=0 argument.

My exact steps are as follow:
Update clover to 5070
Using sascha kext update tools, download the latest version of my kext (lilu, whatevergreen, appleACL, intelMausEthernet)
Run kext utility. Drag all kext in the window to have it run on all latest kexts.
Rebooting and hoping it works.
This should be easy to fix... :)

Let's try this:
  • Provide screenshot of the contents of CLOVER/drivers/UEFI folder. Are you using OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000?
  • Turn off the computer and flip power switch on the power supply to OFF position for 10 seconds. Then flip it back and reboot.

Hello again !!
I have a Samsung X5 tb3. It is recognized and works fine but when I use it to boot with Mojave installed on, when the Hack sleep it cannot wake up (kernel panic during sleep may be) and restart but cannot arrive on clover boot menu... the thunderbolt port seems to be unusable. I don't understand what happens :(

Hello again !!
I have a Samsung X5 tb3. It is recognized and works fine but when I use it to boot with Mojave installed on, when the Hack sleep it cannot wake up (kernel panic during sleep may be) and restart but cannot arrive on clover boot menu... the thunderbolt port seems to be unusable. I don't understand what happens :(
This happens on any externally mounted disk. If you boot MacOS from any internal NVMe or SATA port, then it will sleep and wake properly. But if you boot from an external disk, it will sleep but it will not wake properly.

Back