Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Thanks for the fast reply. I attached the ioreg file. The RX580 file is in CLOVER/ACPI/patched. I own a slightly different Motherboard Z390-Gaming SLI. Does your SSDTs fit?
Because I don't currently have access to a Mac, I'll check your files this evening.

@htw7448 The IOReg output will also tell me whether the RX580 SSDT is compatible with your motherboard.

i will share u something interesting. I used to build Pcs with either Samsung EVO or Pro drives but now tried something different. The somewhat new drive XPG GAMMIX S11 Pro 1GB is a skyrocket. No need for scrubbing data raid anymore? ThView attachment 378161
This drive ist also a cost saver compared to Samsung models
The Write speed is amazing. My ADATA SX8200 is only getting 1000 MB/s for Write, but I have it in an M.2 slot where the PCIe lanes are mapped to the PCH rather than the CPU. Now I'm tempted to flip the BIOS setting and map the lanes directly to CPU and observe the difference...

After spending the day building my first PC and hacking it into a bootable, and to what is seems fully working OSX machine, I'm about to crash.

I want to thank CaseyJS for his fantastic tutorial and his work, as well as the author of the Fractal R6 SSDT. To all following this, do READ EVERY STEP in full before doing anything. There is devil in the details!

Will definitely have some questions tomorrow regarding making all the USB ports of the case work and maybe, but hopefully not, Thunderbolt, but until then, the rest of the warrior is needed.

Can't wait to work on this beast.

@ndrik Glad to see your progress on this! The devil is indeed lurking in the details; and haste-makes-waste was never more true than in this arena!

Thanks for the fast reply. I attached the IOReg file. The RX580 file is in CLOVER/ACPI/patched. I own a slightly different Motherboard Z390-Gaming SLI. Does your SSDTs fit?

As expected, the USB port limit patch does not seem to have an effect. Both of you have 14 USB 2.0 ports (HS01 through HS14) and a USR1, for a total of 15. This means your USB 3.0 ports (SSxx) are truncated.

htw7448 on left | osvfelics on right
XHC-htw7448.png

@htw7448 It's possible that you have an incorrect port limit patch as well, or that USBInjectAll is installed, in which case it can reimpose the 15-port limit. So replace any existing 10.14 USB port limit patch and use this one:

Name: com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI
Find [hex]: 83FB0F0F 838F0400 00
Replace [hex]: 83FB0F90 90909090 90
Comment: USB 10.14.1+ port limit by PMHeart
MatchOS: 10.14.x

Can you try with this option? Multicore performance.
Geekbench scores improved as follows:
  • Single Core benchmark went from 6495 to 6561 (1%)
  • Multi Core benchmark went from 33398 to 35087 (5%)

Attachments

• Revised Benchmark.png
    Revised Benchmark.png
    29.3 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
  • HDMI output works?
  • DP output works?

Thanks for your help in advance CaseySJ! Pulling my hair out over this :)

Only DP output works, I get no signal via HDMI. DP "works" for SMBIOS Mac mini(8,1) and MacPro(1,1) but after a while results in a black screen with only mouse pointer showing (though cursor changes over text entry), and the screen eventually blanking out to no signal until DP cable is disconnected and reconnected.

What got acceleration working was putting the Device ID into the properties... Just need to resolve the display issues and get HDMI working.

I've attempted FrameBuffer patching and can see my display connected to Row 3 via DP, however plugging in a HDMI monitor doesn't light up Row 1 or 2.

Should I attempt to guess which of the other two ports are HDMI and try swapping bus ids? I tried putting both as HDMI but that didn't work.

Other Technical information:
  • BIOS Setup - 64MB (Max)
  • Lilu and WEG latest installed, Clover on 4784 (having problems updating Clover via update package)
  • Audio over DP works (oddly enough)
  • The MSI Z390M GAMING AC EDGE has two outputs for iGPU - DP, HDMI and (maybe via USB-C)
  • Nvidia RTX 2080 is connected but am not using and need to disable in Config.plist
Code:
        <key>Properties</key>
        <dict>
            <key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)</key>
            <dict>
                <key>AAPL,ig-platform-id</key>
                <data>
                BwCbPg==
                </data>
                <key>device-id</key>
                <data>
                mz4AAA==
                </data>
                <key>enable-hdmi20</key>
                <data>
                AQAAAA==
                </data>
                <key>framebuffer-camellia</key>
                <data>
                AAAAAA==
                </data>
                <key>framebuffer-con0-alldata</key>
                <data>
                AQYSAAAEAADHAwAAAgQSAAAEAADHAwAAAwUSAAAEAADH
                AwAA
                </data>
                <key>framebuffer-con0-enable</key>
                <data>
                AQAAAA==
                </data>
                <key>framebuffer-flags</key>
                <data>
                AhOAAA==
                </data>
                <key>framebuffer-memorycount</key>
                <data>
                AwAAAA==
                </data>
                <key>framebuffer-mobile</key>
                <data>
                AAAAAA==
                </data>
                <key>framebuffer-patch-enable</key>
                <data>
                AQAAAA==
                </data>
                <key>framebuffer-pipecount</key>
                <data>
                AwAAAA==
                </data>
                <key>framebuffer-portcount</key>
                <data>
                AwAAAA==
                </data>
            </dict>

Hi, I was searching 32" LCD monitor and found this interesting:

At the moment 34WK95U monitor is not compatible with Macbook Pro (15-inch, 2018) connecting through Thunderbolt 3, until the next version of macOS is released. It is possible to connect Macbook Pro (15-inch, 2018) with 34WK95U monitor using a USB-C to DisplayPort cable. (Not included in the product)

It seems macOS Thunderbolt 3 is not yet implemented so only USB C to DP can be used.

Link:
https://www.lg.com/hk_en/monitor/lg-34WK95U

It seems macOS Thunderbolt 3 is not yet implemented so only USB C to DP can be used.

I have seen a few times where an "issue" was macOS not my hackintosh. Thanks for sharing.

Back