Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Thanks for the reply! I checked, and Private Relay is already disabled, so that can't be the culprit.

What I have already tried:
Deleting and adding Wi-Fi and Ethernet services in Network Settings multiple times (This fixes the issue for some minutes at a time but has to be redone every time the connection fails)
Resetting NVRAM multiple times
Running sudo rm /var/db/timed/com.apple.timed.plist
Renewing DHCP lease

Nothing seems to work.

Just curious, but do you also have this problem when using the other Ethernet port at the back of the Z390 MOBO?

And can you share a anonymized version of your EFI? Then I can compare it with mine.

Last edited:
I've finally managed to boot with OpenCore, updated macOS to latest Sonoma and OpenCore to its latest version.
Everything's working except built in WiFi of Z390 Designare. I've double checked everything's set up correctly in ACPI and no other WiFi PCI cards are installed.
Lower Ethernet port (1Gb) also not working.
Here is my EFI folder.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    78.2 MB · Views: 16
I've finally managed to boot with OpenCore, updated macOS to latest Sonoma and OpenCore to its latest version.
Everything's working except built in WiFi of Z390 Designare. I've double checked everything's set up correctly in ACPI and no other WiFi PCI cards are installed.
Lower Ethernet port (1Gb) also not working.
Here is my EFI folder.
Regarding the two problems:
  1. On-board Intel WiFi
    • Which version of AirportItlwm are you using in Sonoma 14.4.x?
    • Notice that there are 2 versions:
    Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 9.52.38 AM.png
  2. Ethernet Port
    • Please enable (check it ON) DisableIoMapperMapping:
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 9.50.39 AM.png

I have a couple of additional questions:
  1. Does this build support OC 0.9.9? (I'm on macOS Ventura 13.4.1)
  2. Are any of my ACPI, Driver and/or Kext files incompatible, redundant or missing? (see attached images)
  3. Are the latest version of vital kexts (like Lily, Whatevergreen, AppleALC) compatible with this build?
  4. Will the soft raid indeed be "deleted" and inaccessible if I reinstall macOS?
Glad you were able to sort things out. Regarding item 2, the only unnecessary items are those shown here:

Kexts.png

DisableIoMapperMapping made the trick for both, the other kext was already the right one. Thanks!
Glad to hear it!

Are you still experiencing problems with on-board Intel WiFi?

Glad to hear it!

Are you still experiencing problems with on-board Intel WiFi?
Nope, it works for now but I need to verify effective speed with its antennas (not mounted at the moment so it connects to my router with extremely low signal)

EDIT:
I confirm wifi is working good with its antenna @CaseySJ
I also have a question: would a 6900xt work with this build? I've read around the forum that newer are not compatible.

Last edited:
RX 6900 XT should work out of the box. RX 6900 XTXH or RX 6950 XT (which the newer models might be without telling…) require spoofing to a 6900.

I screwed up. I decided to dump Avast antivirus. In its place I installed Silentknight2 from eclecticlight and ignorantly used it to update xprotect and xpr. It may have done other stuff too.

Whatever it did, now I can't boot from my Sonoma 14.4.1 ssd. I can boot from my backup hdd, which is still on Ventura 13.5. I tried using disk repair. I tried using Hackindrom to replace the efi folder with an older efi folder, then run an update. Booting from the SSD still hangs indefinitely.

In addition to the bootable carbon copy of my older Ventura OS, I have a current Time Machine backup on a separate Hdd.

Please advise.

Last edited:
I screwed up. I decided to dump Avast antivirus. In its place I installed Silentknight2 from eclecticlight and ignorantly used it to update xprotect and xpr. It may have done other stuff too.

Whatever it did, now I can't boot from my Sonoma 14.4.1 ssd. I can boot from my backup hdd, which is still on Ventura 13.5. I tried using disk repair. I tried using Hackindrom to replace the efi folder with an older efi folder, then run an update. Booting from the SSD still hangs indefinitely.

In addition to the bootable carbon copy of my older Ventura OS, I have a current Time Machine backup on a separate Hdd.

Please advise.
Are you able to boot into Sonoma 14.4.1 Recovery disk? If so, you can try reinstalling macOS on the same unbootable drive. This won't damage your data or applications; it will only reinstall the System.

Back