Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Hi @CaseySJ

I've tried to find it in this thread & the OpenCore documentation, but I can't find the MinKernel and MaxKernel values for Ventura. Do you know what the values should be for Ventura?Is it as simple as 21.0.0 - 21.99.99? I want to make the kext dependent on which OS will be booted.

BundlePath Comment ExecutablePath PlistPath MinKernel MaxKernel Enabled
AirportItlwm-Mojave Intel WiFi Contents/MacOS/AirportItlwm Contents/Info.plist 18.0.0 18.99.99 true
AirportItlwm-Catalina Intel WiFi Contents/MacOS/AirportItlwm Contents/Info.plist 19.0.0 19.99.99 true
AirportItlwm-Big-Sur Intel WiFi Contents/MacOS/AirportItlwm Contents/Info.plist 20.0.0 20.99.99 true

macOS Sonoma public beta is now available. Please note that Broadcom WiFi does not work in Sonoma. Broadcom Bluetooth continues to work properly. We can use Intel WiFi with the latest preview of AirportItlwm from here:

macOS Sonoma public beta is now available. Please note that Broadcom WiFi does not work in Sonoma. Broadcom Bluetooth continues to work properly. We can use Intel WiFi with the latest preview of AirportItlwm from here:

Now that we are allowed to discuss Sonoma; are you going to make a new post which enables users with a similar system to play around with Sonoma? My OC0.9.4 EFI is ready (incl. AirPortItlwm), but I'm sure you also have it working next to Ventura :) .

@joostiphone

Ventura is 22.0.0 through 22.99.99.

And Sonoma is 23.0.0 - 23.99.99. In our EFI for Sonoma we need to disable 'SSDT-DESIGNARE-Z390-NO-CNVW.aml' to activate the Intel WiFi (the AirPort-Itlwm kext). Is there any way to disable this conditionally per macOS system (enabled for Ventura and disabled when booting in Sonoma)?

And Sonoma is 23.0.0 - 23.99.99. In our EFI for Sonoma we need to disable 'SSDT-DESIGNARE-Z390-NO-CNVW.aml' to activate the Intel WiFi (the AirPort-Itlwm kext). Is there any way to disable this conditionally per macOS system (enabled for Ventura and disabled when booting in Sonoma)?
Although we cannot disable a SSDT conditionally on the basis of kernel version, we can enable and disable kexts conditionally.

This means:
  • We can leave the NO-CNVW SSDT disabled all the time
  • We can enable AirportItlwm conditionally

Now that we are allowed to discuss Sonoma; are you going to make a new post which enables users with a similar system to play around with Sonoma? My OC0.9.4 EFI is ready (incl. AirPortItlwm), but I'm sure you also have it working next to Ventura :) .
I can post an updated EFI for some of my build threads. There may be an issue with Z690 and Z790 builds that use RestrictEvents with MacPro7,1. So that may have to be the priority…

@CaseySJ I loaded Windows 10 on a SSD while all other drives, including m.2 drives were taken out. Put everything back together, bootloader shows both windows and Monterey 12.6.7. Monterey loads but freezes only after a cold boot at the log in. A forced restart and everything runs smoothly. This is consistently repeatable.

I disconnected the windows 10 SSD, no freezing. I connected a blank harddrive just in case there was an issue with the SATA port or connector, no freezing. Thoughts?

Back