Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Which UAD Thunderbolt card? Are you trying this using that exact same Thunderbolt cable? Are you using any Thunderbolt adapters?
I have the UAD Apollo Quad Firewire with Thunderbolt 2 option card. I use the TB3 to TB2 Apple adapter. I have try 2 different cables (Apple) and 2 different adapters (Apple).

Funny that using that same method my UAD Apollo Twin works.

P.S.: also try TB3 to TB2 to Tb2 to FireWire adapter as well. ( Everything Apple. )

Last edited by a moderator:
@CaseySJ I know this has been said and follow already, But I just want to confirm I am getting the right files. I am in the process of Flashing my Z390 Designer Onboard Thunderbolt chip,
what is the recommended or the proper modified file. Which one is it, can you point me out please, and thanks in advance.

PS: I want to see if by flashing it my hackintosh can recognize my Silver Face Apollo Firewire with Thunderbolt option card. I have built 2 Z390 Designer and both won't recognize it. However, it does recognize the Apollo Twin.
I recommend either NVM33 or NVM67 for the Z390 Designare. Both are available from here:

Screenshot 2023-07-19 at 3.01.42 PM.png

I have the UAD Apollo Quad Firewire with Thunderbolt 2 option card. I use the TB3 to TB2 Apple adapter. I have try 2 different cables (Apple) and 2 different adapters (Apple).

P.S.: also try TB3 to TB2 to Tb2 to FireWire adapter as well. ( Everything Apple. )
That's what I'm using for my UAD Apollo 8 [TB2].

I suspect that my Thunderbolt 2 UAD Apollo 8 will be incompatible with the new Thunderbolt 4 Macs and cards. I am not entirely sure that installing a TB3 option card into the Apollo will be recognized and work as a Thunderbolt 3 device (via a Thunderbolt 4 cable) –or if will not work at all.

That's what I'm using for my UAD Apollo 8 [TB2].

I suspect that my Thunderbolt 2 UAD Apollo 8 will be incompatible with the new Thunderbolt 4 macs and cards. I am not entirely sure that installing a TB3 option card into the Apollo will be recognized and work as a Thunderbolt 3 device (via a Thunderbolt 4 cable) –or if will not work at all.
Do you have a z390 designare? Can you provide your EFI without the serial numbers and stuff? I don’t understand why it will recognize my Twin but not my Apollo Quad.

Here’s my setup: z390 Designare with macOS Ventura.

Do you have a z390 designare? Can you provide your EFI without the serial numbers and stuff? I don’t understand why it will recognize my Twin but not my Apollo Quad.

Sure! FWIW, Thunderbolt hotplug/powerswap works for my Apollo 8 Quad. I have not flashed my Thunderbolt. Watch out for the RX580 ACPI patches if you don't have an RX580 in slot 1!

Attachments

• EFI_OpenCore094_Z390 Designare,RX580,Fenvi,noTB Flash,MP7,1andiMac19,1.zip
    44.1 MB · Views: 23
  • Setup images.zip
    999.2 KB · Views: 27
  • mb_bios_z390-designare_f9i.zip
    6.8 MB · Views: 41

Try setting Thunderbolt -> Thunderbolt Boot Support in BIOS to Boot Once.

For a few days now, everything will freeze when booting into Ventura or Sonoma (separate SSD's, but the same EFI). I just see the desktop for about 10 seconds, but after that, I can't move the cursor or anything else, completely frozen.

I'm using the latest beta of OC 0.9.4. (upgraded using OCAuxiliryTools).

I already tried to boot with and without the itwlm wifi driver, but that doesn't make any difference (I resetted NVRAM after every change).

Can you guys help me out how to troubleshoot?

Sure! FWIW, Thunderbolt hotplug/powerswap works for my Apollo 8 Quad. I have not flashed my Thunderbolt. Watch out for the RX580 ACPI patches if you don't have an RX580 in slot 1!
Perfect i will try your files tomorrow.

I'm using Silver Apollo with TB2 card - Flashed TB (Designare 390) controller. Everything is working perfectly fine :)

I'm using Silver Apollo with TB2 card - Flashed TB (Designare 390) controller. Everything is working perfectly fine :)
Yeah, mine also work with the Gigabyte Titan Ridge 2.0 on my Z390m Gaming, but it wont get recognize on the Z390 Designare.

So did you Flashed your Z390 Designare on board Chip?

Back