Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Please try the attached config.plist after copying serial numbers back into PlatformInfo.
Thanks @CaseySJ but unfortunately dindn't worked... It hangs in the same place as before.

I will try a clean install now.

Thanks @CaseySJ but unfortunately dindn't worked... It hangs in the same place as before.

I will try a clean install now.
One more suggestion: If Ethernet cables are attached, please disconnect all of them during installation.

One more suggestion: If Ethernet cables are attached, please disconnect all of them during installation.
Well I think I've tried everything now. I tried to perform clean install on a external Thunderbolt disk first, and then on a spare SSD M.2 disk, and the system hangs when installing macOS Ventura.

Ethernet cable disconnected and Fenvi card removed (remember to have problems with it in the past).

I suspect a hardware failure.

Attachments

• tempImageLnM9MG.png
    tempImageLnM9MG.png
    13.7 MB · Views: 19
Well I think I've tried everything now. I tried to perform clean install on a external Thunderbolt disk first, and then on a spare SSD M.2 disk, and the system hangs when installing macOS Ventura.

Ethernet cable disconnected and Fenvi card removed (remember to have problems with it in the past).

I suspect a hardware failure.
Might be good to check if Monterey 12.6.2 will install.

Usually problems at this point in the log indicate bad SSDT-EC. So another option is to take a video of the log messages and post that video. That will allow us to see the entire log.

Might be good to check if Monterey 12.6.2 will install.

Usually problems at this point in the log indicate bad SSDT-EC. So another option is to take a video of the log messages and post that video. That will allow us to see the entire log.
Hi @CaseySJ. I did the video, but can't add it here. It's a quick Time video with 114,6 MB. Do you know how to post it here?

Note: During installation process, in the beginning I don't know why, but can't use the keyboard. Only the mouse. So it seems I loose USB connection to the keyboard. And since USB installer is on a UBS Drive, do you think can be related to this problem?

Hi @CaseySJ. I did the video, but can't add it here. It's a quick Time video with 114,6 MB. Do you know how to post it here?
One option is to open the video in any video app and locate the last 3 or 4 frames that show the steps leading up to the kernel panic. Feel free to screen-capture those last 4 frames and post.

Note: During installation process, in the beginning I don't know why, but can't use the keyboard. Only the mouse. So it seems I loose USB connection to the keyboard. And since USB installer is on a UBS Drive, do you think can be related to this problem?
We can always try a different USB port, it as long as mouse works, it means entire USB system is not disabled, which is a good sign.

I vaguely remember we had some issues with Aorus Extreme at the beginning. It might have been due to Aquantia port. Can the port be disabled in BIOS? We can always turn it on after installation is done.

you really do not need to upload 15MB images.....
Was thinking the same..... Sorry :(

EDIT:

Should I reduce the size of the images, or I should post less images?

Was thinking the same..... Sorry :(
I have deleted them, try again please, they do not need to be that size for simple black and white image

thanks

One option is to open the video in any video app and locate the last 3 or 4 frames that show the steps leading up to the kernel panic. Feel free to screen-capture those last 4 frames and post.
Here you have again (now reduced size). This pictures taken before disable ethernet on BIOS.
tempImageSBWlSX.png
tempImagePsVzwI.png
tempImage29bosl.png
tempImagesil4a9.png
tempImageFzAE6F.png
tempImageKHcaNN.png
tempImageZXZaWq.png
tempImageYvOBNT.png
tempImageza2Xak.png
tempImagetEso9F.png
tempImageODIlAq.png

@ummario

So the Ventura installer actually starts and runs. I thought that the installer was not starting.

If the system crashes while trying to reboot, that is okay. Just continue the installation from OpenCore Boot Picker by selecting the “Macintosh HD” or similar new boot entry that was created by the installer.

Back