Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

AirportBrcmFixup should not be used in Monterey. More specifically, the injector kexts should be avoided. However, BCM94360CD is natively supported in macOS so this kext should not be used at all.

HS11 shows a very strange Bluetooth device: CSR8510. That is a Qualcomm chip instead of a Broadcom chip. Where did that come from? Is it a USB dongle? If so, please remove it.

The BCM94360CD should have a USB Bluetooth cable that you need to connect to motherboard F_USB header.

Thank you for your reply. I was delighted to think that I solved the problem!
I noticed that the USB was not connected from the BCM94360CD. I connected it, but again I couldn't connect to Sidecar. I can't share files from Iphone / Ipad to Hackintosh with AirDrop...
Qualcomm is an external Bloodooth USB.
Do you have any other solution? Attached is a screenshot of HS11 after connection.
Thank you very much.

Attachments

• スクリーンショット 2022-02-20 15.04.26.png
    スクリーンショット 2022-02-20 15.04.26.png
    799.5 KB · Views: 37
When I disconnect the Bloodooth USB from my PC, I can't turn on Bloomooth on Mac OS.
The reason is unknown, but it seems that MacOS does not recognize the Bluetooth of BCM94360CD.

Have you tried this instead:
  • Add OpenLinuxBoot.efi to UEFI --> Drivers
  • Add ext4_x64.efi to UEFI --> Drivers
  • Remove BlessOverride entry
  • In the EFI partition of the Linux disk, rename the EFI\BOOT folder to EFI\NO-BOOT (any name other than BOOT) to avoid seeing two entries for Linux
    • P.S. This will prevent Linux from being booted by BIOS. Will update this post if a "Scan Policy" change can fix this problem properly.
This allows OpenCore to boot Linux directly, bypassing the grub loader.

View attachment 542283View attachment 542284View attachment 542286View attachment 542285

This fixed everything. @Inqnuam fyi :) Thank you both.

20072411.png

Last edited:
Hi

I've been running Mojave on the Designare for about 16 months but never got the TB working with my Antelope Discrete 8. So I thought I'll do the post installation steps again step by step. Seems to be a bad idea since the first reboot I had to do in the post install, it won't boot anymore...
got stuck here and don't know what to do...

can you help out?

Attachments

• IMG_5531.jpg
    IMG_5531.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 40
  • IMG_5532 2.jpg
    IMG_5532 2.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 42
@CaseySJ
Casey, my Titan Ridge is working!
I have a Thunderbolt 4 dock connected to the system that does not recognize the device
Is there any solution?
Is there any successful case of Thunderbolt 3 card connecting to Thunderbolt 4 dock?

When I disconnect the Bloodooth USB from my PC, I can't turn on Bloomooth on Mac OS.
The reason is unknown, but it seems that MacOS does not recognize the Bluetooth of BCM94360CD.
Please see screenshots:

スクリーンショット 2022-02-20 15.04.26.png

This is what we are looking for (this screenshot is from my system):

Screen Shot 2022-02-20 at 10.20.08 AM.png

Hi

i've been running mojave on the designare for about 1j6months but never got the TB working with my Antelope Discrete 8. So I thought i'll do the post installation steps again step by step. Seems to be a bad idea since the first reboot i had to do in the post instal, it won't boot anymore...
got stuck here and dont know what to do...

can you help out?
A whole bunch of questions:
  • Are you using Clover or OpenCore?
  • If using OpenCore, which version of OpenCore?
  • Antelope devices require us to enable AppleVTD. The procedure for this is provided in Quick Reference to Mini-Guides and Micro-Guides spoiler at the top of Post 1. Did you try that first?
  • What changes did you make during "post installation"?
    • Did you make changes to boot loader EFI Folder?
    • Did you make changes to macOS? If so, what changes to macOS?
  • Do you have a bootable backup?

@CaseySJ
Casey, my Titan Ridge is working!
I have a Thunderbolt 4 dock connected to the system that does not recognize the device
Is there any solution?
Is there any successful case of Thunderbolt 3 card connecting to Thunderbolt 4 dock?
In the post below, @frickergg mentioned that Sonnet Echo 5 Thunderbolt 4 Hub works. He has Z390 AORUS Xtreme with F9f BIOS. Which dock are you using?

I bet if you use HackinDROM your changes will be remained :headbang:
Somewhat. My two ACPI additions were not included when using the Hackindrom app to update OpenCore 077 (I think it was 076) to 078. I had to add them back into the ACPI folder and re-edit the config.plist.

Last edited:
Somewhat. My two ACPI additions were not included when using the Hackindrom app to update OpenCore 077 to 078. I had to add them back into the ACPI folder and re-edit the config.plist.
Thanks for reporting,
could you please post your EFI?

Back