Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

If the bottom right corner of OpenCore Boot Picker shows 0.7.6 then that’s the version running. If the bottom right corner shows a different version or no version at all then you’re booting macOS from the wrong SSD. In that case go to BIOS Setup and change the boot priority order from Boot section.
I dont see anything in the bottom right hand corner and I am definitely booting to the correct drive because the backup drive is a HDD not a NVME. When I boot tot he HDD it is slower than molasses LOL.

I dont see anything in the bottom right hand corner and I am definitely booting to the correct drive because the backup drive is a HDD not a NVME. When I boot tot he HDD it is slower than molasses LOL.
When you copied EFI from USB to internal SSD, did you copy it into the EFI partition of the internal SSD?

Also press F12 at startup and select the correct disk from BIOS Boot Menu.

When you copied EFI from USB to internal SSD, did you copy it into the EFI partition of the internal SSD?

Also press F12 at startup and select the correct disk from BIOS Boot Menu.
yes I put it in the internal ssd. So I pressed F12 at startup and selected the SSD and its up and running in OC 0.7.6. Im going to try and upgrade to Monterey.

I think having the bootable backup messed things up a little since they both have the same name. idk

yes I put it in the internal ssd. So I pressed F12 at startup and selected the SSD and its up and running in OC 0.7.6. Im going to try and upgrade to Monterey.

I think having the bootable backup messed things up a little since they both have the same name. idk
@CaseySJ still no dice. Something is messed up causing the boot drive to change.

There are 2 problems:
  • In the first screenshot (ACPI --> Add) we cannot enable both Thunderbolt SSDTs at the same time. Simply disable (uncheck) the very last SSDT in the list (SSDT-Z390-DESIGNARE-TB3HP-V4.aml).
  • In the second screenshot (ACPI --> Delete) there is no entry for deleting the existing DMAR table. If we don't delete the original DMAR table, Ethernet and WiFi will not work. To fix this, we must add the following entry in ACPI --> Delete section:
View attachment 539119
P.S. To capture screenshots, simply press SHIFT-CMD-5 and move the mouse over the window to be captured (or drag rectangle over the region). Screenshot will be saved on Desktop.
It worked :thumbup:......however...... the device connected thru the Apple ethernet adapter is there for a few seconds and then no connection. (Avid Carbon Interface) under midi/network devices.

@CaseySJ still no dice. Something is messed up causing the boot drive to change.
We should rename the backup drive or, better yet, physically remove it. In general a bootable backup drive should be external so it can be detached and put away for safe keeping.

@wiiwelshman Just double-checking, but when you made that clone, did you use the Legacy Bootable Backup Assistant in CCC?

Attachments

• Creating Legacy Bootable Backups in CCC.png
    Creating Legacy Bootable Backups in CCC.png
    292.3 KB · Views: 51
We should rename the backup drive or, better yet, physically remove it. In general a bootable backup drive should be external so it can be detached and put away for safe keeping.
So I think I know what’s happening. The second part of the installation is not happening. Like there is a mounted installer that I can see on my bootable drive but it doesn’t show up in OC.

I deleted the bootable backup and created a time machine one. So I think I might just create a bootable installer and then wipe my ssd and have a fresh install of Monterrey and then restore from the backup.

Last edited:
@wiiwelshman Just double-checking, but when you made that clone, did you use the Legacy Bootable Backup Assistant in CCC?
Yes I did. But right now I just backed it up. I think I am going to wipe my bootable drive and install Monterey via a notable install disk. Idk

Back