Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

So, I have come to conclusion, that HEVC encode in Apple apps is completely broken on dGPU on Big Sur for now... Handbrake works (videotoolbox), but FCPX and quicktime does not :banghead:

15 seconds total, it takes 13 seconds for USB devices to start. Before the patch, USB devices started instantly and the whole cycle took 2 seconds.
@CaseySJ
have you experienced this issue like @3Dman ?

I personnally use LSTX method on SSDT-Tbt called by _PTS (PrepareToSleep) methods on DSDT :
Capture d’écran 2021-06-11 à 01.54.46.png
Capture d’écran 2021-06-11 à 01.55.50.png

@CaseySJ anc @Elias64Fr :

In case the modded BIOS is successful, would we still need to flash the Thunderbolt chip?
Any advantages for someone like me using a Presonus Quantum 2626 fully working with the BIOS as it is now and the SSDT files? I didn’t had to flash the Thunderbolt chip to be more precise.

Will it interfere with Thunderbolt function in Windows?

Thanks,

Patrice

I also added a new variable TBFW for disabling unrequired Methods for custom Tbt firmware like TINI :):
Would these methods be responsible for causing a wake from sleep delay?

Whoa! I know others are having this problem too. In BIOS, is Thunderbolt Security set to User Authorization?
SORRY!
Screen Shot 2021-06-11 at 01.57.23.png

No driver is loaded = No internet Connection

Then I restarted
and got this message
driver found.png

Then booted into Catalina and everthing works as you said
Screenshot 2021-06-11 at 01.50.42.png
Screenshot 2021-06-11 at 01.48.29.png

@CaseySJ
have you experienced this issue like @3Dman ?
As long as the system wakes properly from sleep, we should count our blessings. Whether it takes 2 seconds or 30 seconds makes no difference to me so I’ve never paid attention to either the wake time or sleep time. As long as it works, that’s all that matters.

So it fails in Big Sur, but works in Catalina?
It works great in Catalina but not above!

Initially it was set to User Authorization but tried also with "No Security", the same result

Also wanted to be a Mad Scientist and tried some weird things by increasing theses values:
IMG_0229.png

IMPOSSIBLE to boot the system again
Even no Gigabyte Ultradurable logo
had to Reset CMOS

@CaseySJ anc @Elias64Fr :

In case the modded BIOS is successful, would we still need to flash the Thunderbolt chip?
This was already asked by @NorthAmTransAm and replied to. Just jump back a couple of pages.

Any advantages for someone like me using a Presonus Quantum 2626 fully working with the BIOS as it is now and the SSDT files? I didn’t had to flash the Thunderbolt chip to be more precise.
This is a good question. My answer will always be the same, which is: If all your Thunderbolt devices work well enough with the original firmware, then continue using the original firmware. Flashed firmware will cause issues with Windows and Linux because they expect the Thunderbolt controller to be in ICM mode (Internal Connection Manager), whereas macOS works in both ICM and OS-Managed modes.

It works great in Catalina but not above!

Initially it was set to User Authorization but tried also with "No Security", the same result

Also wanted to be a Mad Scientists and tried some weird things by increasing theses values:
View attachment 521446

IMPOSSIBLE to boot the system again
Even no Gigabyte Ultradurable logo
had to Reset CMOS
Good to know that I’m not the only one experiencing this problem in Big Sur.

@Elias64Fr appears to be using a very different Thunderbolt SSDT, so perhaps that’s why the Apple Thunderbolt-to-Ethernet adapter works for him in Big Sur. Or perhaps it’s the new BIOS he has flashed to his motherboard!

The important point is that somehow Elias got it to work in Big Sur. This means other problematic devices might also be made to work…

Back