3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
** HackinDROM App 1.2.0 Released **
Now supports both Catalina and Big Sur

Credit: @Inqnuam

The HackinDROM application now supports Catalina as well! (Mojave support is not planned.) Version 1.2.0 will download and install automatically when the previous version is launched. Please wait a few extra seconds for the application icon to appear in the menu bar.

Other improvements:
  • Drivers section now detects disabled drivers correctly
  • Performance optimizations
  • Report Archive now includes System Report file, but without personal data
  • Small graphical changes for better experience
  • Added description for the new -wegnoigpu boot argument
First time users may download the application from the HackinDROM website. HackinDROM Application mini-guide located here.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus Z690 ProArt Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I wonder if anyone else is already so far, since the drivers were only released yesterday.
Could you elaborate a bit on the risks involved flashing the firmware?
While most folks have flashed the controller successfully, there have been a few accidents that have left the board permanently damaged. These accidents all had one thing in common:
  • When attaching or detaching the 8-pin SOIC clip to the Winbond chip, a nearby surface mount device was accidentally dislodged.
  • To avoid this problem, the following guidelines are absolutely and unequivocally critical:
    • You must have excellent near-sightedness.
      • If you wear corrective lenses to see distant objects, remove those lenses and use your natural near-sightedness.
      • If you are far sighted and need corrective lenses to view nearby objects, determine whether you can see objects clearly when they are only 2 inches away from your eyes. If you cannot do this, please enlist the help of someone who can.
    • When attaching and detaching the spring-loaded 8-pin SOIC clip to the Winbond chip, use very steady hands and gentle motions. Position the clip directly over the chip and move it up-and-down over the chip. Never move it side-to-side otherwise nearby components can be hit and dislodged.

Can it be undone? Or could I also brick it for good?
Yes it can certainly be undone. We first extract three copies of the original firmware, compare their checksums and then flash the modified version. We can flash any of the three copies of the original firmware back to the chip at any time.

Motherboard
Gigabyte X299X Designare 10G
CPU
i9-10980XE
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I came from Clover 10.15.7, and, since MOTU finally released their Big Sur drivers yesterday, I decided to start fresh.

BIOS: F9i (unmod'ed)
OC: 0.6.8
EFI: the latest 068 from @CaseySJ
config.plist: generated using https://hackindrom.zapto.org/

Now the system works fine so far, except for Thunderbolt. Which was working perfectly fine on 10.15.7

I've tried method 1 from this post: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...700k-amd-rx-580.267551/page-1616#post-2086547

Not sure if I missed something here...

Help would be much appreciated.

Cheers
View attachment 514637

View attachment 514636
After installing the drivers you need to give permissions.
Try checking on System Preferences > Security & Privacy > click "Allow".
If you do not find any requests, try uninstalling the Motu drivers, reinstall them and check again on "Security & Privacy".

Motherboard
Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Vega 56
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
After installing the drivers you need to give permissions.
Try checking on System Preferences > Security & Privacy > click "Allow".
If you do not find any requests, try uninstalling the Motu drivers, reinstall them and check again on "Security & Privacy".
Yeah did that. Didn’t work.

Motherboard
GIGABYTE Z490 Vision D
CPU
i9-10850K
Graphics
RX Vega 64
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
My Samsung EVO 970 Plus 500GB SSD boot drive seems to be hemorrhaging available drive space for no reason.
I updated to OpenCore 0.6.8 the other day (otherwise it's been business as usual) and can't seem to find out what is causing the trouble. Has anyone else experienced anything like this? I've lost at least 100GB available to this leak today. I've got a backup but this is scary.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Motherboard
GIGABYTE Z490 Vision D
CPU
i9-10850K
Graphics
RX Vega 64
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
My Samsung EVO 970 Plus 500GB SSD boot drive seems to be hemorrhaging available drive space for no reason.
I updated to OpenCore 0.6.8 the other day (otherwise it's been business as usual) and can't seem to find out what is causing the trouble. Has anyone else experienced anything like this? I've lost at least 100GB available to this leak today. I've got a backup but this is scary.

Thoughts?
Ok thanks to "DaisyDisk" it seems the trouble was caused by the dreaded "TimeMachine" backup. Why I don't stop using that thing is a real mystery...

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus Z690 ProArt Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Besides that, Hackintosh started waking up on every push notification again. Who has the same issue?
Please have a look at the Sleep Aid:

Some USB devices such as Corsair Commander Pro will interfere with sleep, so it's important to list all internally connected USB devices. Some Bluetooth devices may also interfere with sleep (Bluetooth operates over USB) so it's also important to systematically disconnect USB and Bluetooth devices until the problem disappears. This may help to identify the offending device.

Motherboard
ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore
CPU
i9-7900X
Graphics
Radeon Pro W5500
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Has anyone tried jumping the pins with the ThunderboltEX 3-tr/Ex 4? Think last thing I saw on this was post 24,062 - 24,064 but didn't see anyone actually try it.

Also the ThunderboltEX 4 is available on Newegg.