Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

My build does not seem to be going fully to sleep anymore. The monitor shuts off fine after time, however the actual PC itself does not seem to properly sleep. The computer will sleep fine if I manually select Sleep from the drop down.

Below are my power settings (I am not sure what any of the sleep prevented items are):

standby 0
Sleep On Power Button 1
womp 0
autorestart 1
hibernatefile /var/vm/sleepimage
proximitywake 0
powernap 0
gpuswitch 0
networkoversleep 0
disksleep 10
standbydelayhigh 86400
sleep 5 (sleep prevented by sharingd, nsurlsessiond, UserEventAgent)
hibernatemode 0
ttyskeepawake 0
displaysleep 5
tcpkeepalive 0
highstandbythreshold 86400
standbydelaylow 0
Do you sharing/Broadcasting Internet/Data from and/or to your Mac ? Bluetooth WiFi Thunderbolt Ethernet connections?

There is a mini guide in this thread - HERE
Thanks for sharing the Information but the guide you share is for Mojave with Clover. I am looking for something with OpenCore as I don't want to roll back to anolder version of macOS just to get the Linux working for me. Please share some more Information.

I just want to say thanks to everyone in this group. After more than a year and a half of very successful and happy hackintoshing (primarily due to the efforts of @CaseySJ) I've made the painful decision to switch back to Win64. Work pays the bills and there are still some apps that aren't hackintosh friendly, let alone mac friendly. I've really enjoyed being part of this group, and hopefully I've been able to contribute in a small way. Keep up the GREAT work and thanks again.

I just want to say thanks to everyone in this group. After more than a year and a half of very successful and happy hackintoshing (primarily due to the efforts of @CaseySJ) I've made the painful decision to switch back to Win64. Work pays the bills and there are still some apps that aren't hackintosh friendly, let alone mac friendly. I've really enjoyed being part of this group, and hopefully I've been able to contribute in a small way. Keep up the GREAT work and thanks again.
The nice thing about a Hackintosh is that we don't have to choose between one OS or another. We can in fact run them all. Many of us, myself included, have dual or triple boot systems. Others run Windows and Linux inside of macOS through a virtual machine.

Each OS has its pros and cons. My professional life is Windows-based, but my home life is 100% Mac. Because of work-from-home I have in fact tried to adapt as much of the work life to Mac as possible. But my Windows laptop continues to be used.

Bottom line: It does not have to be one or the other. Instead, like the quantum superposition of states, it can be both! And the experiment we perform (i.e. the app we wish to use) determines which of the states is realized.

Last edited:
Hello again @CaseySJ,

• Replace the coin cell battery on motherboard.
  • Perform CMOS Reset (which then requires BIOS parameters to be configured once again, starting with F7 [Load Optimized Defaults]).

I did both of them on Sunday while performing a full clean of my build. Replaced the battery for a new one and performed a complete CMOS reset. Loaded BIOS settings on a new profile according to post #1 on this thread/guide. However, today the error showed up again, so I captured a screenshot of it. Here goes:

Screen Shot 2021-04-13 at 13.02.32.png

After getting this, I rebooted the system and tried to boot again with no luck, and then I performed the solution I told you earlier (reseting NVRAM) which then allows me to boot into macOS.

I'm on 10.15.7 (with latest update) and OC 0.6.8 updated via HackinDROM website according to your post.
Can I provide with any more info on the problem?

EDIT: I should also point out that I disabled SIP because I'm using a software that requieres it. That is the only modification I did to mi config.plist, and I did it through Xcode. Could this be the cause the issue?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Hello again @CaseySJ,

I did both of them on Sunday while performing a full clean of my build. Replaced the battery for a new one and performed a complete CMOS reset. Loaded BIOS settings on a new profile according to post #1 on this thread/guide. However, today the error showed up again, so I captured a screenshot of it. Here goes:

View attachment 515158

After getting this, I rebooted the system and tried to boot again with no luck, and then I performed the solution I told you earlier (reseting NVRAM) which then allows me to boot into macOS.

I'm on 10.15.7 (with latest update) and OC 0.6.8 updated via HackinDROM website according to your post.
Can I provide with any more info on the problem?

EDIT: I should also point out that I disabled SIP because I'm using a software that requieres it. That is the only modification I did to mi config.plist, and I did it through Xcode. Could this be the cause the issue?

Thanks in advance.
Hello @nifranza,

When this problem occurs again please try going to BIOS Setup --> Boot and setting first disk priority to the name of the internal macOS SSD.

If you are on OpenCore 0.6.8, also try disabling LaunchControl as follows:

Screen Shot 2021-04-13 at 3.09.53 PM.png

Then reboot and Reset NVRAM one time.

Hey, @CaseySJ would you be able to point me in the direction of a guide you trust for upgrading OpenCore from 0.6.6 to 0.6.8?
Of course...

Since updating to 0.6.8 I’ve been having sleep wake issues every other morning, which requires a hard reboot.

Same config has been working perfectly since 0.6.2, the only changes I make are to boot args (see screenshot) as I run imacpro1,1 smbios

anyone else seeing similar?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-04-13 at 09.27.09.png
    Screenshot 2021-04-13 at 09.27.09.png
    404.9 KB · Views: 47
Same build (except Vega 64), same SMBIOS and had the issue since 067.
I've just upgraded to 068, I'll keep you posted.

I have a strange bug on 068, my mail plug-ins are disabled (Antidote and Mailbutler).
Everything is up-to-date and the access are granted.
Does any one have this problem too ?

Back