Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Hey Guys,
I'm looking for some help. I got a new Z490 it's working perfectly (maybe except for my unresolved bluetooth magic mouse problem). Now I have a spare Z390 and I want to create another build to test apps and so on.
Here is my hardware:

Z390 Designare (Bios F9J)
Corsair 16GB 3200mhz
SSD Silicon Power 1TB
Sapphire Radeon Nitro+ RX 590 8GB + 4K Monitor (Display port)
Gigabyte 850W

I just need a guide to install BigSur, I tried to use the BigSur USB (for Z490) it didn't work.
Thanks I appreciate it.
Fab
Please see item 2 in Quick Reference spoiler.

O yeah, and got myself a new display :) I love it. It's the iiyama G-Master GB3466WQSU-B1 Curved UltraWideScreen, 34 inch. (yea I know, I still need to work on my cable management...).

IMG_1630.JPG

O yeah, and got myself a new display :) I love it. It's the iiyama G-Master GB3466WQSU-B1 Curved UltraWideScreen, 34 inch. (yea I know, I still need to work on my cable management...).

View attachment 510170
One of my favorite places in California! ;) oh, the monitor is nice too.

If you open your config.plist file with Opencore Configurator for your version of OC, eg 0.6.6, it will add any missing schema variables (and remove any deprecated ones) and thus should clear the messages.
Thanks Will do it

So I am on https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...olt-3-i7-9700k-amd-rx-580.267551/post-2223836

• Misc --> Boot --> PickerAttributes --> 0x25 (allows mouse control in Picker)
This isn't an option for me. The system will not allow me to enter an "x" only numbers. Anyone know what I am doing wrong?

EDIT: Also, I am not understanding this part of the guide - "Use HackinDROM to transfer PlatformInfo from existing OpenCore config.plist to new version. Please follow the guide by clicking here and referring to the screenshot below."

I don't have an OpenCore config.plist yet, all I have is what was in the zip file and my settings for Clover.

Please help.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-02-22 at 11.56.57 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-02-22 at 11.56.57 AM.png
    445.2 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
You don't have to type in a number, just tick the boxes, as per your screenshot, for what you want.
I'm not sure what any of this does, so I am not sure what I should and shouldn't select. I was trying to follow the guide which stated to enter "0x25" but I am not able to enter an "x" in the box.

I'm also confused as to if I am supposed to uninstall Clover boot loader and install OpenCore. The guide doesn't provide a link to where to get OpenCore, it only provides a link to the OpenCore Configurator which I have now. But am I supposed to uninstall Clover and where do I get OpenCore?

I'm very confused. lol

Back