Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

SUCCESSS... thanks again...:headbang:

Attachments

• Moodog1.png
    Moodog1.png
    63.5 KB · Views: 49
Any issues I should be aware of if I update BIOS (Z390 Designare) to F9i? Still running Clover, as I haven't mustered the motivation to switch to OC so I can move to Big Sur. Yet.
No issues with F9i. In fact it will be easier to migrate to OpenCore if you update the BIOS (because it contains CFG-Lock setting).

wow!!!! I followed your advice and those messages are gone !!! can I replace the EFI folder also on the installation pendrive?
Glad to hear it. Yes you should in fact do this.

@CaseySJ ,

I was finally able to get a fresh Catalina install on OC and had my current system moved using migration assistance (will post separately on that).

A side from some expected issues, I can not get my AppleTV app to work. It just shuts off on me after first couple of NOTES . I'm pretty sure my issue may not be new to this forum. Do you happen to know what would be a good link/guide/place to start troubleshooting it?

Besides that the system is pretty stable so far.

Thanks again for awesome guides!

@CaseySJ , I was trying to follow this article get more understanding on DRM. I was trying to make AppleTV App to work.

Is it my correct understanding that there is no currently solutions for DRM to work if you JUST have Intel IGPU? I'm wondering if somebody was able to make AppleTV work on Catalina with just having Intel onboard gpu? Is it worth trying at all?

@CaseySJ , I was trying to follow this article get more understanding on DRM. I was trying to make AppleTV App to work.

Is it my correct understanding that there is no currently solutions for DRM to work if you JUST have Intel IGPU? I'm wondering if somebody was able to make AppleTV work on Catalina with just having Intel onboard gpu? Is it worth trying at all?
Please see this chart by the folks at Acidanthera:
  • If you have iGPU only, it does seem that tv will not work (blue box).
  • But you can also try shikigva=16 or shikigva=80 (red boxes).
Screen Shot 2020-12-31 at 7.58.33 AM.png

Please see this chart by the folks at Acidanthera:
  • If you have iGPU only, it does seem that tv will not work (blue box).
  • But you can also try shikigva=16 or shikigva=80 (red boxes).
View attachment 503263
Thanks a lot @CaseySJ , I saw the table and it makes perfect sense to me. This issue is not critical at all for me. Just wanted to confirm weather it is worth trying anything else to make it work. Will try shikigva=16.

Thanks again for your help!

Hey everyone. I'm in the process of updating to Big Sur (with OpenCore 0.6.4) from Catalina (with Clover) according to this guide and other guides concerning migrating from Clover to OpenCore. I've performed all the prerequisite steps (creating/verifying bootable backup, switching to OpenCore boot loader), but when I try to
When you are logged back in to Catalina, select System Preferences --> Software Update.
I get the message that I'm not connected to the Internet (which is obviously not true).
1609453510310.png
When I click Details I see this:
1609453611570.png

Any ideas what I should do?

Hey everyone. I'm in the process of updating to Big Sur (with OpenCore 0.6.4) from Catalina (with Clover) according to this guide and other guides concerning migrating from Clover to OpenCore. I've performed all the prerequisite steps (creating/verifying bootable backup, switching to OpenCore boot loader), but when I try to

I get the message that I'm not connected to the Internet (which is obviously not true).
When I click Details I see this:

Any ideas what I should do?
Are you able to access the Internet via a web browser? If you posted your reply from the same computer where this screenshot was taken, then obviously you are connected to the Internet... In that case, perhaps Apple's update service has gone down? Maybe try again in an hour or two...

Are you able to access the Internet via a web browser? If you posted your reply from the same computer where this screenshot was taken, then obviously you are connected to the Internet... In that case, perhaps Apple's update service has gone down? Maybe try again in an hour or two...
Yes, I was using the same computer. After a while (and system restart) I was able to download and install update. One thing I noticed after running Big Sur for a while is that the system wakes from sleep after some time and doesn't go back to sleep no matter how long you want. This wasn't an issue with Catalina + Clover in my case.

Back