Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Some questions:
  • The PlatformInfo section of your config.plist is empty. Was this done intentionally just prior to uploading the file?
  • Have you tried CMOS Reset followed by configuring BIOS parameters again (always start with F7 to Load Optimized Defaults)?
  • Is CFG-Lock disabled in BIOS Setup?
  • Are you doing an in-place upgrade from Catalina to Big Sur through System Preferences --> Software Update?
1: I made the change only the part: datahub-generic etc ...
2: I updated to the latest version of the BIOS and performed the bios setup following your post
3: disabled
4: new installation

1: I made the change only the part: datahub-generic etc ...
2: I updated to the latest version of the BIOS and performed the bios setup following your post
3: disabled
4: new installation
Those questions are for @moodog. :)

I was preparing to update from 0.6.3 to 0.6.4 yesterday. I opened opencore configurator and accepted the update to the latest version. at that point, all I wanted to do was to mount my EFI folder so I could take a look and prepare for 0.6.4. I didn't make any plist changes to my 0.6.3. (a side note is that when you open the latest version, while still on OC 0.6.3, the app nags you to update to 0.6.4).

I rebooted and got the PlayChime error messages, but waited it out and boot continued. still on 0.6.3, I made what I thought were the appropriate changes in my plist, but the error messages continued.

then using your guide, I updated to 0.6.4 and all is well.

I suspect this is what is happening to salvomercadante.
I installed version 0.6.4 directly as I couldn't find the old version

Attachments

• Senza nome.png
    Senza nome.png
    41.2 KB · Views: 38
I installed version 0.6.4 directly as I couldn't find the old version
That is OpenCore Configurator. We need to set it to OpenCore 0.6.4 version, like this:
  • OpenCore Configurator --> Preferences (on menu bar)
    Screen Shot 2020-12-30 at 3.24.37 PM.png
  • Then select this (OC 0.6.4 Release Version):
    Screen Shot 2020-12-30 at 3.23.16 PM.png

Yes that's better. The modification date is 02 November 2020, which means this is an older version of OpenCore. OpenCore 0.6.4 has a modification date of 07 December 2020.
  1. Please download the OpenCore 0.6.4 EFI folder from here (save it to your Downloads folder)
  2. Rename the top level folder to EFI (very important)
  3. Then copy config.plist from my previous reply into the EFI/OC folder
  4. Make a backup of your existing EFI folder
  5. Then copy the new EFI folder (from Downloads directory) into the EFI partition of your macOS SSD
  6. Reboot and see if those warnings go away
wow!!!! I followed your advice and those messages are gone !!! can I replace the EFI folder also on the installation pendrive?

Hey... yeah pulled info out of PlatformInfo...

CFG was disabled, I just Loaded Optimized, reconfigured BIOS.. changed the boot drive and when OC picker opened, tried to boot from installer image and went right in... seems to be moving right along.. :thumbup: post back soon... its looking good so far thou... thanks so much. I must have been missing something in there.

Any issues I should be aware of if I update BIOS (Z390 Designare) to F9i? Still running Clover, as I haven't mustered the motivation to switch to OC so I can move to Big Sur. Yet.

Back