Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

I can confirm that Final Cut Pro 10.4.4 crashes during startup.

I just did a total fresh install. (Prior I brought everything back in from Time Machine and had strange things) Final Cut does still crash. I am using the Sapphire Rx 580. Reading the above I will disable the iGPU in BIOS and report back. I do have full bluetooth connectivity to my Apple Keyboard and Air Pods etc. @ripe_md Are you using an i5 or i7?

But I do have full TB3 hot plug and all my MB audio shows up in System Profiler. Although I will be using a Focusrite USB interface.

I loaded the OS via one of the USB-3 ports and had a couple glitches pressing F12 to get to the MB boot menu. I was using a straight USB keyboard at that point. Saw the same thing first time loading the OS.

Jules

do you run windows with this machine? if yes , do you have the bluetooth driver of CS943602?
I'm not running Windows at this time, but I expect to install it under Parallels soon. However, Windows 10 does a good job of auto-finding drivers. If Windows cannot detect this Bluetooth device and download/install the driver automatically, you should be able to manually download and install one of the latest Broadcom Windows drivers.

Disable the iGPU in the BIOS.

If I do this I get FCPX loading. I then have preview not working with jpg's as previously noted. Getting closer. On a positive note, we are all experiencing the same thing with igpu. @xanderevo Should I try imacpro 1.1?

Did you try the nova kext that disables the IGPU?

@ripe_md Are you using an i5 or i7

I'm using an i5 9600K.

By the way, I've installed Windows 10 on a dedicated SATA SSD. But before the installation I removed the M.2 NVMe SSD.

Back