Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

CaseySJ, from your guide, if using KGP's version of FakeSMC, "you must then run Kext Utility to rebuild the kernel cache" Sorry for the newbie question, do we have to rebuild the kernel cache constantly or only once?

CaseySJ, thanks for this wonderful guide.
One question, should I use the M2M or the M2P slot? I understand some have problem installing the OS on the M2P slot. I would like to install the Samsung 970 NVMe M.2 into the M2P slot.

• M2M: Shares bandwidth with port SATA3-4 and SATA3-5
  • M2P: Shares bandwidth with port SATA3-0 (M.2 PCIe SSD) or SATA3-1 (M.2 SATA SSD)
As I need 5 SATA ports in addition to my Samsung 970 NVMe M.2 SSD I'm using the M2P slot.

CaseySJ, from your guide, if using KGP's version of FakeSMC, "you must then run Kext Utility to rebuild the kernel cache" Sorry for the newbie question, do we have to rebuild the kernel cache constantly or only once?
Whenever we add, delete, or replace a file in /L/E, we must rebuild the kernel cache. Once the cache is built it remains built and does not need to be rebuilt until the next time something is changed in /L/E.

I was about to hit the pay button for doing this exact build, to realise that there was no more Phanteks Evolv X case available in my country, or with 4-5 weeks delay.
I was wondering if there were good alternatives, and how much they would modify the installation and hack.

Update:

I've been recommended the Fractal R6 by a shop clerk, and discovered that a user also did the SSDTs for this one, so my order is on the way. Hopefully the build and hack will be painless.

I'm using the Fractal Define C, the little brother of the R6. It's a great case. Very quiet, and I think the Fractal R6 has the same sound dampening features. Since I don't have any optical drives, I opted for the smaller form factor. No USB C on it though. I think you'll be happy with Fractal stuff.

Is your X86plattformplugin running? This is visible in ioreg. should look like this: Mine isnt running...This should run for proper CPU Powermanagment...

Edit: It's running...

Attachments

• post-946790-0-10297600-1486753004.png
    post-946790-0-10297600-1486753004.png
    427.3 KB · Views: 103
Last edited by a moderator:
Is your X86plattformplugin running? This is visible in ioreg. should look like this: Mine isnt running...This should run for proper CPU Powermanagment...

Edit: It's running...
Have you installed the sensor kexts in CLOVER/kexts/Other? If so, do you have Inject Kexts set to Yes or Detect?

I was about to hit the pay button for doing this exact build, to realise that there was no more Phanteks Evolv X case available in my country, or with 4-5 weeks delay.
I was wondering if there were good alternatives, and how much they would modify the installation and hack.

Update:

I've been recommended the Fractal R6 by a shop clerk, and discovered that a user also did the SSDTs for this one, so my order is on the way. Hopefully the build and hack will be painless.
I'm using KGP's version of FakeSMC that also happens to be compatible with iStat Menus. Attached are screenshots from iStat and HWMonitor.
View attachment 376466 View attachment 376465

I bought iStat menus, everything is shown there with stock fakesmc

@xanderevo Please let me know what you are using for video editing -- and how it all works out. I'm doing clean install tomorrow.

Installing and testing every single piece of gear/software atm, will report back.

Have you installed the sensor kexts in CLOVER/kexts/Other? If so, do you have Inject Kexts set to Yes or Detect?

Set to Yes. But usually you will get more info about voltage fan speed and so on...i hope we get this in the near future...

Attachments

• How-to-check-the-temperature-of-your-Mac-472725-6.jpg
    How-to-check-the-temperature-of-your-Mac-472725-6.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 96
Back