Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Happy to announce to you that now HackinDROM's CopyConfig can copy your SMBIOS data from Clover (also OpenCore of course) to selected OC config.plist preset.
Now you can generate New SMBIOS data for your new build and its automatically injected to selected config.plist
You can also customise the boot arguments.
:)

Need volunteers to test it.
(there's mini GUI bugs that im working on, will dont affect your config.plist)
Screenshot 2020-09-24 at 19.03.38.png

You said the PowerColor Red Dragon would be good with the Gigabyte Z490 Vision D, but when I researched the two components, it says that graphic card is PCIe 4.0, but the mobo does not support PCIe 4.0 according to the product information. Is this true?

Intel doesn't support PCIe 4, HOWEVER its more or less just a marketing scam since there is little difference in performance between PCIe 3 and 4, at least at this moment in time, things might be different in the future. Gamernexus on YouTube made a video on the subject that I can recommend if you want more details.

And to be extra clear, you can have a gpu that is PCIe 4.0 on a MB that only support PCI 3.0.

My rig is nearly perfect. The only issue I have now is one of my monitors doesn't wake from sleep. It's just a black screen, and I'm not seeing anyone with the same issue. It's a new issue because I just recently upgraded my monitors to two 4k LG 27UL500-W. They are both connected by HDMI.

OC 0.6.1 - MSI RX 580 Armor 8gb

Will the Gigabyte Z490 Vision D fit into a carbide 300R chassis or do you recommend getting the chassis referenced in this build?
The Z490 Vision D is an ATX size motherboard. The Carbide 300R accommodates ATX motherboards.

You said the PowerColor Red Dragon would be good with the Gigabyte Z490 Vision D, but when I researched the two components, it says that graphic card is PCIe 4.0, but the mobo does not support PCIe 4.0 according to the product information. Is this true?
Every RX 5700 XT is PCIe 4.0.
PCIe 4.0 is backwards compatible with PCIe 3.0.

Happy to announce to you that now HackinDROM's CopyConfig can copy your SMBIOS data from Clover (also OpenCore of course) to selected OC config.plist preset.
Now you can generate New SMBIOS data for your new build and its automatically injected to selected config.plist
You can also customise the boot arguments.
:)

Need volunteers to test it.
(there's mini GUI bugs that im working on, will dont affect your config.plist)
View attachment 489286
I think we'll need to create a little mini-guide for HackinDROM. It's come a long way...

Updated to Catalina 10.15.7.
Once updated I restarted and first 2 restarts were VERY SLOW, I even though that the Hackintosh will never boot again but finally everything is like before, now it will reboot normally.
Screenshot 2020-09-24 at 21.59.05.png

Back