Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

@CaseySJ you absolute legend-I went through the usb steps and I'm on a whole machine. THANK YOUUUUUUU! Sorry...but I was desperate and frustrated, you are doing god's work haha-big thanks to all who worked out that solution I had no idea wow...

Is there a list of best settings overall for bios? I've been switching around so much. I think it's good with turbo disabled and stuff now per UAD but haven't seen specifics about that here, and would obviously prefer it run as fast as possible...

Also-not sure where to add info if it's helpful but I tried an antelope audio Discrete four last week and it would not be recognized via tb3, usb was fine...

...Sorry...but I was desperate and frustrated, you are doing god's work haha-big thanks to all who worked out that solution I had no idea wow...
Glad to hear it!
Is there a list of best settings overall for bios? I've been switching around so much. I think it's good with turbo disabled and stuff now per UAD but haven't seen specifics about that here, and would obviously prefer it run as fast as possible...
Well, in my opinion the best settings are default (non-overclocked) ones specified in Post #1. I'm sure others will disagree...oh well.
Also-not sure where to add info if it's helpful but I tried an antelope audio Discrete four last week and it would not be recognized via tb3, usb was fine...
Unfortunately, Antelope devices do not work through Thunderbolt. They'll work through USB as you stated, but we've spent a fair bit of time troubleshooting the Thunderbolt connection without success. Antelope engineers will have to fix that...

Hope to check on this later today thanks for helping out
It's working now... I removed the kexts using the config keeping only what I already had in Clover. It boots from USB now TB Focusrite 4pre and Akito TB drives working. I have not tested all yet, both 10Gb and Intel NICs are working, and wireless via Fenvi good too... Thanks again for the awesome guide and unceasing help you provide to all of us!!!!

• If you connect only the BenQ, does the system sleep and wake properly?
  • If you connect only the Asus 4K, does the system sleep and wake properly?

I made a reply, but it was being reviewed for a while before being shown. Can you look at my last reply and see what you think? Any ideas?

Anybody else I've asked has no idea either.

Although I've not used Wake-on-LAN, please see this post by @xiuer. In fact, I'll post that here:

I've made these two changes and compiled it in RELEASE mode. Please try this:
  • If using Clover, move the existing IntelMausi.kext to a different folder such as CLOVER/misc.
  • If using OpenCore, uncheck the Enabled flag in the Kernel section of OpenCore Configurator.
  • Install the modified version -- filename is IntelMausiWOL.kext
  • If using OpenCore, be sure to add it to Kernel section using OpenCore Configurator --> Kernel --> Browse.
This driver is for the Intel i219 Ethernet port (not the i211 because that's controlled by SmallTreeIntel82576.kext). The i219 Ethernet port is the once closest to the audio jacks on the rear IO panel. Your Ethernet cable must be connected to that port.

If the release version does not work, try the debug version which is also attached (IntelMausiWOL-debug.kext).
View attachment 486691
Works 100 procent. Thanks so much!! I used the RELEASE mode.

I didn't find any Antelope audio interface thunderbolt news right?

I made a reply, but it was being reviewed for a while before being shown. Can you look at my last reply and see what you think? Any ideas?

Anybody else I've asked has no idea either.
Some questions:
  • What is the make/model of the USB keyboard?
  • If you connect both monitors, begin the Sleep process and immediately disconnect the USB keyboard, does the system enter sleep?
    • Note that system may sleep for a few seconds, wake for about 60-90 seconds, and then sleep soundly. This is normal.
  • Is the problem about (a) entering sleep, (b) waking up from sleep, (c) both?
  • Are you running Mojave or Catalina?
  • Have you tried disabling Wake-from-USB and using power button to wake?
  • If you're running Catalina, do you have these:
    • SSDT-USBW.aml (in OC/ACPI or CLOVER/ACPI/patched)
    • USBWakeFixup.kext (in OC/Kexts or CLOVER/kexts/Other)

Works 100 procent. Thanks so much!! I used the RELEASE mode.
Glad to hear it!
I didn't find any Antelope audio interface Thunderbolt news right?
Unfortunately no update on this. It would be best to use a real Mac with the Antelope audio interface, or consider switching brands. Antelope's engineers really need to improve their drivers. Considering how many of their customers use Hackintosh, they should at least make some effort to help the community...

Hello, i would like to know what alternative mobo can be used and compatible. We dont have designare z390 but instead some other models like Gaming X or UD .. so i would like to know what to look for in a board. Also planning for an i9 processor. Thanks

Off topic... since testing and using open core my Logic Pro scans audio units each time I start it up. I have removed the audio cache file after ggogling and it rebuilds on first load, it still checks audio units on every startup.. is it possible my permissions got hosed???

Back