Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Dose unlocking the CFG-Lock effect windows in anyway, I have been holding off the upgrade to the os due to this as I run a dual boot system?
Unlocking CFG-Lock does not affect Windows.

Hey @CaseySJ,

Just tried several combinations of enabling/disabling renames - I got the following result:
  • If we disable all renames except `RP15._INI`, we ensure that the SSDT for TB3 is loaded. However, under system information we have either "no drivers are loaded" or "no hardware found" with TB3 connected at boot or not, respectively. Please note that TB3 dock still works if connected pre-boot, but only displayport worked after hot-plugging.
  • However, I did find a combination which makes the TB tree appear (attached below). Then, I got the following after waiting several seconds in system information. Unfortunately, my TB3 dock didn't work at all: booting w/o connecting the dock results in "no hardware found"; otherwise, booting w/ dock connected resulted in the following screenshots.
  • The other combinations behave the same as the first one, i.e. no drivers are loaded/no hardware found.
View attachment 485846View attachment 485847View attachment 485848View attachment 485849
Thanks,
mistw
Unfortunately, I'm not sure we can do much more on this particular combination of Add-in-Card and Motherboard. Most users do not require Thunderbolt Bus, in which case the original firmware and original SSDT should be used.

@CaseySJ Do you have any X299 hack atm? Whenever i am upgrading my mobo, i would love to have a X299 Designare with builtin TB3 ports. But since i’ve been 100% asus boards before, it would feel like a safer buy if you (the guru himself) had one, and could help troubleshoot if i run into any troubles. =)
Although I don't have a Gigabyte X299 or X299X Designare, I know someone who does and he has a full thread here:
The modified NVM 33 from Designare Z390 has been applied to the X299X with very good results.

Hi All,

First post here, have had my hackintosh running 10.15.4 stable for a while, thanks to this forum.
I just upgraded to an USB audio interface (Arturia Audiofuse 8pre) and audio stutters in playback, often when moving my mouse.
Read quite a few posts about disabling Super I/O (serial port) but unfortunatly didn't find a Bios with the option (even F3 - and the option is written down in the manual...).

Anyone with the same problem with an USB audio interface? Any fix?

Thanks.
Hello @keni,

Please have a look at this post regarding USB 2.0-based audio interfaces:

F9g gives me the same results as before, stuck at Apple Logo and no way to reboot from the Clover install without flashing the board BIOS.
If you have a Fenvi or other WiFi/BT card, I'm wondering if that is impacting the system. Too many reports recently of issues with some of these cards. So if you have such a card, try removing it to see what happens.

Hi @c0c0p0ps - thanks for chipping in. Im also using a hackindrom modified SSDT for my machine. Ive done the swapping of slots too. Its in the slot that yields best results a x16. Funny thing it kicked in on first boot this morning but that is a rare event. Once its going - its fine as I said, but after 50 boots you get fed up. Im on the DSM NV23 flash - Not sure what the difference is with yours - My Mb is not a designare. I wonder what the differences are. Would you mind sharing your Tb SSDT? also - whats a "non PEG"?
  • It's okay to flash the Designare Z390's NVM 33 onto the GC-Titan Ridge add-in-card.
  • Non-PEG means any PCIe slot other than the first two long slots that are typically used by GPUs.
    • Slots 1 and 2 usually have a PCI path name that begins with PEG0 and PEG1, respectively.
  • Slots 3, 4, etc. are usually RPxx such as RP09, RP21, RP23, etc.

• It's okay to flash the Designare Z390's NVM 33 onto the GC-Titan Ridge add-in-card.
  • Non-PEG means any PCIe slot other than the first two long slots that are typically used by GPUs.
    • Slots 1 and 2 usually have a PCI path name that begins with PEG0 and PEG1, respectively.
  • Slots 3, 4, etc. are usually RPxx such as RP09, RP21, RP23, etc.
Okay, I'm working on all that stuff for 3 months, and I just learned what is PEG and RP :think:

Okay, I'm working on all that stuff for 3 months, and I just learned what is PEG and RP :think:
Here's some more of that stuff. :)
  • PEG0 is root port of Slot 1. We must then disable the sub-device PEGP.
  • PEG1 is root port of Slot 2. We must then disable the sub-device PEGP (same as above).
  • But for most other slots whose root ports are RPxx, we disable the sub-device PXSX.
However, on X99 and X299 systems, the naming hierarchy is quite different.

Last edited:
Thank you for your reply Casey.

I just noticed that my Zoom required updating so now it is the same version as yours. My WebCam is actually a USB 3.0 WebCam. Logitech BRIO 4k. Have never has an issue before so we'll see if it does it again now that Zoom has been updated. :)

I have attached a copy of my EFIClone.log. I should have mentioned that I have not changed anything with my CCC including the Shell Script. It has never let me down and I back my system up onto a 500gb Samsung SSD T5. It seems if I'm reading the log file correctly, I cannot open the EFI partition.

p.s. I needed to change the file extension for me to upload it here.
@Lukey1979,

Please confirm the following:
  • Are you using EFIClone-v2?
  • Are you running Catalina (and making backup of Catalina)?
Also, please post the EFIClone script itself from the Carbon Copy Cloner scripts folder. Just run CCC and select Utilities --> Reveal CCC's Scripts folder.

@byteminer,

Please have a look at this issue. The log below seems to be from EFIClone-V2, but not sure:
Code:
[Wed Aug 26 20:32:03 AEST 2020] - TEST_SWITCH: 
[Wed Aug 26 20:32:03 AEST 2020] - Full Run (N)
[Wed Aug 26 20:32:03 AEST 2020] - Source Volume: /private/tmp/16777225@200826203056
[Wed Aug 26 20:32:03 AEST 2020] - Destination Volume: /Volumes/Catalina Backup - Data
[Wed Aug 26 20:32:05 AEST 2020] - Source EFI Partition: disk0s1
[Wed Aug 26 20:32:05 AEST 2020] - Destination EFI Partition: disk8s1
[Wed Aug 26 20:32:05 AEST 2020] - Mounting EFI source partition failed.

Back